I am now convinced that financial institutions have an agenda of creating as much fury and misery by means of incompetant and ignorant customer
All I wanted was a "VISA TRANSCASH" prepaid credit card to shop online. All I got was a battle to try and rectify and understand problems caused by a
system designed to p*ss people off.
Please read as this is just crazy....
1. Wanted the prepayed card, advertised as available in a pack sold at thousands of distributors throughout France, supermarkets, tabacconists,
magazine stores etc. Nobody within 50km has them, just the refills by till reciept.
2. Phoned card company, told to buy recharge and buy the pack on their online site. OK....bought recharge.
3. The online form on their site will not function when the big green "proceed" button is clicked. It says "please resend the form".
4. Phoned the company and after ages giving information and spelling everything phonetically the order was placed for the card pack. Should be
delivered "in under 4 working days".
5. 2 weeks and many phone calls and emails later I finally get them to confirm that they have sent the pack to an address in a different
town....stoopid automated address systems run by children who cannot do their job.
6. Second card pack sent, finally arrives.....no email or indication of the code needed to activate the card online.
7. Phoned to activate and told the code was sent via a conformation email.....NO IT WASN'T!
They agree to give me the code over the telephone after I answer lots of security questions and spell my life story to them again.
8. Finally, I access my online profile and the card is activated, only to discover they have spelled my name wrong (by this point I am laughing
9. I also wanted a "PIN" to use in stores etc and the "PIN" can only be sent by SMS to my mobile phone number...
THE CARD I AM ORDERING IS TO BUT A MOBILE PHONE!
10. OK, so ignoring the fact that I can't use the card in stores I'm ready for my first transaction online which I was assured is set up and ready to
function and this is where it gets beyond rediculous....
11. Place online order, go to pay, select "VISA" as payment method. Input card number, expiry date, security code...."EXACT NAME AS APPEARS ON YOUR
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! There is no name! it's a prepayed card that doesn't have a cardholder name printed on it!
In their words: "a prepayed card that works the same as a classic bank credit card". Cr*p!
12. I try every possible configuration for inputting a card name including codes, misspelled names, card company name and absolutely every possible
For my name I can choose from all these different versions:
Name on the letter for the card pack that arrived (correct)
Name for my online account profile (spelled incorrect)
Card "title" on my online profile (first name)
Card name on my online profile (first name and 4 digit code)
I now have to wait until after the weekend because there is no customer service until then. WHAT????
This whole affair I think is rigged to create a negative effect on society and will continue to do so until we destroy every single financial
institution and slap every single person who works for them.
If anyone knows which name to use for filling out the name for an online VISA transaction using a Visa Transcash card which doesn't use a cardholder
name please let me know.
edit on 8/8/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)