It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed college football player shot by rookie cop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I find this notion impossible. At least, in my lifetime.

Do you think Americans, in general, would give up their 2A rights? Because as it stands, the civilian population of America represents the worlds largest standing army (militia). It would be a very daunting task to forcefully imprison the populace.

Now...tricking the idiots among us into giving it up freely? Thats a whole 'nuther matter.

While I agree with you to a certain extent BFFT, I do think something is afoot.

I personally think that the government's current MO is to keep people at each other's throats. Their propaganda machine (MSM) is spending an enormous effort spinning racial, political, gender, and sex-based stories to further divide the populace. (Now bare with me...)

The police shooting stories that receive MSM 24/7 coverage are the stories that have potential gray areas - where the person shot might actually been up to no good. The cut and dry, over zealous cop shootings never see the same coverage. ...the goal is to ensure that most white people continue to support and argue in favor of police shootings because "Michael Brown may have attacked the cop" or "Treyvon Martin was a gangster."

The stories that aren't told like John Crawford in the Ohio Wal-Mart need to receive more attention, or the homeless man in New Mexico. They can't give them as much attention because it's obviously blatant excessive force and the citizens can agree and begin to coalesce.

This is where we come to the direction. In the last few years we've seen increased strange happenings - school shootings, church shootings, movie theater shootings, etc. Strange because there appears to be an underlying story arc with these events.

What they really need are the citizens to be at each others throats to push a more martial law scenario. (Right now we are arguably in a soft martial law scenario.) What I'm saying is this... if they can get citizens fighting over race, etc. then they can eventually step in and begin taking guns away.

BFFT you are right, they won't be instituting UN or para-military stuff until after the guns are taken away. But they need an impetus to do that first. The para-military or full martial law scenario will only happen once they know they can control the populace through force without receiving a real fight from the citizens.

My fear is that it will come at the expense of citizens fighting citizens. Enter Donald Trump who is doing nothing more than stirring the pot regarding race, immigration, and even most women. The same people that would blindly say they support the police when they hear of a black person being shot or beaten within an inch of their life. They will be the same ones standing in the streets with their guns supporting the police as they gun down a neighborhood full of black or Hispanic people. Because of those actions, and after the dust settles, guns will be confiscated.

We are on the verge, I know you are ready and I hope everyone else is. Trump is nothing more than a political provocateur. The name of his game is division, it's not only working but it's painfully obvious.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's sad that is has to come to this. A young man has lost his life because of stupidity. More than likely he may have been a good kid. Back when I was in my late teens early 20's I was dumb and did some stupid # but I was a good hearted kid. I know of a few others that got in trouble and they were good kids too but just made stupid mistake.

We've come to a day and age where cops fear for their lives every stop just as much as the next person. Yes some cops are assholes and abuse their authority. Just listen and get done with it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join