It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men arrested for waving a countries flag at an illegal squatting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi

I would like to highlight the backward situation that exists in Ireland, and in Belfast in this specific case.
Being from this area I understand the tension involved but this has got to be the most ridiculous situation I've seen in a while.

Two men have been brought to court due to an incident where they drove past camp twaddle waving an Irish tricolour. This camp twaddle is an illegal squatting in protest of not being able to march down a certain route in Belfast. This camp is surrounded by all kinds of hateful flags and graffiti for example nazi flags and Israel flags (the irony is lost on these people).
Upon waving the flag at the camp the illegal squatters tries to rush the car only for it to speed off being perused by the police. It went as bad as having helicoptera involved to track them. Thus they were caught.

In my opinion I want to firstly state thewe two people were stupid for doing something that is obviously provocative. However is it not ironic the police are using these kinds of resources to protect an illegal camp's FEELINGS.

Is this really as silly as I think? Or was this a warranted response for the police.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Not surprised.

The Unionists have been getting this sort of preferential treatment for a long time now from the old bill.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Pink Floyd said it best:

"It's all just another brick in the wall"

Hegelian Dialectic doing it's thing….

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If there are Swastikas flying then they arrested the wrong guy.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Damn near everything about Camp Twaddell is absurd.

Its reason for existence, the 'right to march' argument, the numerous different flags, the waste of money securing it, the ongoing animosity between the two sides and all the layers of factions.

So many decent and sensible people separated by what?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

As usual separated by a common religion in this case 2 branches of Christianity.

Much the same as the Muslim split between Shia and Sunni.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

So it is.

Or so it seems...

Some of these families will take generations to heal the hatred. The religious division is less of an issue the further away from Belfast people go. Within Belfast, it's feudal, inter-family, inter-area and god knows what else as much as religion plays its part.

Mind you, you'll already know that and I'm not trying to sound preachy.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes I agree with some of what u say.
However for a long time it has been very little to do with religion but more with the occupation of Ireland by the British forces.

Unionists feel they are being pushed out by nationalists and will fight for their birth right of superiority. Recently I have seen unionist policitions seeing it's voters living in terrible conditions only to point the finger at nationalists. Childish.

The main part of the troublesite came about when the ira fought back against the British army when they were being treated badly. People were locked down in curfews for no reason and people arrested for no reason. The ira went of attack bombing and killing. The loyalists did the same in revenge. This revenge idea continued.

Although I'm from a nationalist background I feel that both groups of people areally being manipulated by those cronies living the good life. Many men and women from both sides have give their life to fight for their cause only to be left unemployable and penniless. While the political leaders and chums get paid handsomely.

Finally as an added view I would like to say I believe Gerry Adams to be an informer from the very start of his campaign. What better way than to put someone like him to pacify the people and put down arms to speak around a table. Ultimately when around the table those people have been shafted. Although this is only my opinion I have researched this idea a lot and feel this is the only option.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Yeah I agree about the religion side of things...especially in places like Belfast. Unionist and Nationalist parades are political sh!t-stirring these days. It's easy to understand the passion behind them, but are they helping people to move on? Then again, not everyone is ready to move on and they still have an axe to grind with their opposite sides.

new topics

top topics

join