It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat Jake and his prey/presents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I love my cat Jake I really do and admire his wildness and ability to hunt well.
But this morning as I awoke I felt what I thought was jake at the bottom of my bed with my foot and I was tickling him untill I felt a wet bit.
I pulled the covers back to discover a dead rat with its head off (jake just likes the head of things...he likes the crunch) I looked to my left and there was Jake sort of giving me a nod like "No problem enjoy".
He appeared pissed off I threw the headless rat over our back wall and then I washed my bloodied toes.
So Jake the catflap is locked for now...you have to ask to come in.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My cat Chester brought me a complete (and very cleanly killed) squirrel one day coming out of the shower revealing the origin of the 14 tails found throughout the backyard that summer, he was a hunt and eat kind of cat explaining the cheap cat food costs that season.

Of course, I thanked him profusely and disposed of the carcass surreptitiously after pretending to eat it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
How rude of you to treat his offering of love to his human like that. You insulted him and hurt his feelings, how would you like it if you bought someone a gift and they chucked it over the wall.

Sheese have some tact man! Treat it like any gift you don't like. Say thank you, show appreciation for their thoughtfulness and then dispose of it when they aren't looking.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I gotta show him who is boss he thinks we are his staff lol.
He is on my lap dribbling at the moment and blimey he does dribble a lot lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I do normally thank him but the gore on my bed and toes lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: greencmp

I do normally thank him but the gore on my bed and toes lol.

lol.

Yes, it is a messy business receiving gifts from base carnivores.

That said, I think I have been banned so good luck to you, health and long life.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh, yes! I know that feeling.

Our man cat mostly eats his kills outdoors but does bring in various critters from time to time. He brings them in already dead. Sometimes he presents them to us but mostly he offers them to the girl cat.
Our girl cat brings in all sorts of varmints but she brings them in alive.
Some say she is trying to teach us to hunt for ourselves. She's been patient over these past 13 years, never giving up on us.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

But you punished him for doing something for you, reinforcing the fact that you are his servant and he shouldn't do you any favors.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

He either loves you and is trying to impress you with his hunting prowess and is giving you a gift, or it's a warning to keep treats and goodies coming or else. It reminds me of the Godfather movies where somebody puts a horse's head in a bed.
Just be glad that it didn't end up in your shoes. My dog's cat would put stuff in my shoes. Yes, she had a cat. She got lonely when I was at work. They loved each other. I took care of the cat and she got companionship when I was gone.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know it natural for a cat to hunt and give offerings so I can't blame Jake, but have you considered a bell around his neck? I'm glad all my cats are indoor cats. It would freak me out to see all the dead little animals.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In case you haven't seen The Godfather, here's the scene that I mentioned earlier. I imagine that your reaction was the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have 2 outdoor cats, i leave one of my windows open at night so they come back in, After a while of walking up with dead animal parts, (rabbit,squirrels,birds,mice), i would take the left overs and flush them down the toilet, my cats stopped bringing me gifts, now they just leave them around the backyard.
edit on 8-8-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I currently have a Siamese called Loki. He is still quite young and brings in mice, birds(some half the size he is) and small snakes. He lives up to his name, very intelligent cat.

Years ago I had another Siamese called Tao (translation is God). One day he caught a full grown adult Hare. Now Hares are big animals, about twice the size of a cat. None the less he had it by the throat slowly dragging it between his front legs up my driveway. No idea what happened, I left him to it, but the Hare was screaming like hell.

Siamese are very muscular cats. Intelligent, sociable and very brave. I recommend owning a Siamese to anyone.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Nexttimemaybe because: grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
how would you like it if you bought someone a gift and they chucked it over the wall...

They aren't gifts...

They are WARNINGS...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Hush now, I am in denial, my cat loves me.

new topics

top topics

join