It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most retweeted GOP debate tweet was written by Bernie Sanders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well, where is the Democratic debate? At least the Republicans tried.

It would be boring to watch numerous debates over and over with the same Dems debating the same topics. The Republicans have to start this early because they have almost 20 people fighting for the position that happen to believe and say the same damned thing.

Beauty pageants take time.
edit on 7-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
Dang it, they are relevant, we call'em swing voters.

Swing voters don't matter in primaries. They're targeting registered republicans who will actually turn up for a state primary. Given the fact that not every primary fires in every state before they even pick a candidate, that means they're targeting a subsection of the voters.

The stuff you want to hear from the Republicans won't actually come up until the general election.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
a reply to: Metallicus

October 13 in Nevada

www.politico.com...

Now when is the Libertarian debates.

Don't we all agree?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It wasn't even a debate!!!

Arugh!!

It was a meet and greet, a Q&A and argument session!!

Edit: I used to compete in debate tournaments in school -- this was not a LD or policy debate. It wasn't even some bastardized version of either!

Yes, I did debate in high school too.

But please explain to me how you take that format that relies on two man teams a speech, speech, cross exam, speech, speech format and get it to work with team people.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It would be boring to watch numerous debates over and over with the same Dems debating the same topics. The Republicans have to start this early because they have almost 20 people fighting for the position that happen to believe and say the same damned thing.

Oh, be honest. There won't be Democrat debates because you're having a coronation, not a primary.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, be honest. There won't be Democrat debates because you're having a coronation, not a primary.

I couldn't care less about the Democrats. Please project your nonsense elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

is that the same as emperor obama, the gop dosent need help from democrooks, there doing a great job sinking there own ship.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

If this is all just a beauty pageant..

Hillary wouldn't be anywhere near the top..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

How long do you think the clown car can go on talking about Jesus, while acting like Mammon before they get called on it? ....because I didn't notice an actual savior in the group, last night, I'm afraid.

I've always thought Right-Wing Jesus is an Oxymoron.

If anything Jesus would be voting for Bernie Sanders.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Daedal

Isn't it amazing that a thread like this one grabs so many of the same "no it ain't crowd around here? It is like they have this early warning system in place with each other to just click over to this kind of threat and all jump on the "counter band wagon with their little no it aint's and subject changes.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
with all due respect it was the FIRST debate

And the focus of the debate was to talk about the most recent remarks and policies proposed by the candidates....

Im sure they will get into the rest as we go along

Thats like watching a preview and then being pissed because you didnt get to see the whole movie

And, it's very hard to answer questions you weren't asked. It was obvious from the start the media didn't want a real debate. They just wanted to interrogate the candidates with character questions in a quest to make the whole Republican party look bad. They didn't ask one question about the real issues. They didn't intend to give them an opportunity to look good on stage. I imagine Ms. Kelly got a big raise for her part in the charade.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What did some of you expect in the first debate with ten participants? I would imagine you won't get any REAL debating until the trim the field down much farther. This literally was like a meet and greet. Didn't each speaker get approx. 6 mins time, what can you really talk about in 6 minutes? If they could have gotten the moderators to shut up, you could have gotten more out of the candidates.

So can we go ahead and call it like it is, that tweet showed Bern is just like the majority of the sad citizens of this country, "why didn't they only talk about what I care about?" Has everyone lost the ability to understand we're not all the same?

NO wonder this country is so divided.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I wouldn't diss millenials.
They will be wiping our bums when we are old.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
What did some of you expect in the first debate with ten participants? I would imagine you won't get any REAL debating until the trim the field down much farther. This literally was like a meet and greet. Didn't each speaker get approx. 6 mins time, what can you really talk about in 6 minutes? If they could have gotten the moderators to shut up, you could have gotten more out of the candidates.

So can we go ahead and call it like it is, that tweet showed Bern is just like the majority of the sad citizens of this country, "why didn't they only talk about what I care about?" Has everyone lost the ability to understand we're not all the same?

NO wonder this country is so divided.

At this point what they should be doing is round-table discussions. Put them all at a table facing each other, no moderator, just a timer and an overhead that gives them a topic of discussion. Then we can see who will control the flow of the conversation, who is knowledgeable on the topic, etc. Let their personalities show. Once the timer runs out the show switches to commercial no matter who was talking. After a minute or two the debate is back on and a new topic is presented. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Topics the debate should have covered along with interactive exchanges between candidates.
-93,000,000+ working age Americans are out of the labor force. Making actual unemployment around 30%.
-We soon face an economic crises greater than the 2008 housing market bubble. One that could effect the entire planet.
-Hordes of marine life in the Pacific is dying from pollution, radiation, or under danger.
-Government is becoming far overreaching, spying on Americans and threatening the Bill of Rights.
-Hundreds of executive orders and bipartisan policies that are crushing small businesses and middle class.

Topics the Q&A fest did cover.
-Let's talk about why you're qualified to become president, because you look awfully young in case you didn't know.
-Let's talk about Trump's out of context comments towards women over the years.
-Let's talk about your stance on abortion (when we already know your answer).
-Let's talk about how you once donated to the other side.
-Let's talk about well, # that just doesn't mean jack# to anyone!

Hopefully they step it up in the coming "debates". I understand this was their first and it was designed just to test the illegibility of the candidates and ambush Trump and censor Rand Paul. Still highly distasteful.

-Independent Guy

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh us stupid Millenials like Bernie Sanders. God we are so out of touch. We're not politically savvy at all. Even though we can't afford to buy houses, have the highest unemployement and underwmpyement rate in the country and are also the most educated generation ever.

Yeah we're stupid. Give me a break!
edit on 8/8/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Not to mention cleaning up your mess of an enviornment political paradigm and economy.

He's out of touch.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't want to get too involved in your discussion. You can see my post above which reflects my sentiments on this topic.

But saying Millenials are the "most educated" is like saying they've been the most thoroughly brainwashed.
Dept. of Education came into wide reaching effect since the mid-80s. Unless a millennial has been home-schooled or given private tutors, I can already guess everything they'd likely say on virtually every subject due to the standardized education they've received from Big Brother.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

You'll look for any excuse you can right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Not to mention cleaning up your mess of an enviornment political paradigm and economy.

He's out of touch.

Hate to break it to you kid, but it's going to take more than hashtags to change the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join