It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swincar tilting 4-wheel-drive "spider car" makes light work of bizarre terrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is the craziest and coolest thing I've ever seen. It'll go through ditches, over rocks and along a hillside without batting an eye.

I didn't find any information on the price or if it's even in general production. If anyone can come up with that info, please let me know.

First up is the tilting, independent suspension arms that give each wheel an almost surreal degree of vertical and tilting movement. The Swincar can attack terrain you’d never dare point an ATV at, handling extreme gradients and huge ruts with total ease and displaying a remarkable resistance to tipping over. On smoother surfaces, it leans into turns like a Piaggio MP3, but with a wider and more stable base and the additional security of an extra rear wheel – so it should be a blast to carve corners in.

Then there’s the steering. It sports hydraulically-actuated 4-wheel steering and braking that should make it quick and nimble to turn, as well as giving each wheel a degree of flexibility to deal with rough and rutted situations.

Finally there's the drive system. Each wheel has its own motor, either 1 or 1.5 kW at this point, driven from a battery pack under the driver’s legs that stores 2, 4 or 6 kWh depending on specifications. So against the average sporting ATV this early Swincar is a low-powered vehicle, but moving to more powerful motors and larger batteries wouldn’t be difficult. Nor would fitting bigger wheels that’d give the Swincar the ability to get over the odd small log or two.

link
edit on 8/7/2015 by N3k9Ni because: video problem

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Interesting. But it looks like it would bottom out very easily, and seems very fragile.

here's your video, fixed

Also, My jeep wrangler can go anywhere in that video too.

edit on 7/8/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Was really interested in this but the youtube link seems to be having some problems let me
try it from here.

OK kool ^^^^^ thanks...

Yah thing looks custom made and modded i doubt there are any
production models being made yet.
edit on 7-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

thanks for fixing the video. Hadn't done it in a while and forgot how.

edit on 8/7/2015 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

From what I understand, it's a French startup producing it. Probably still under development. I don't know what their timeline is for production or if they even have one.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
a reply to: starfoxxx

From what I understand, it's a French startup producing it. Probably still under development. I don't know what their timeline is for production or if they even have one.

eeeeh still pretty cool. never would of saw this without the thread
nice dude

sure it has some limitations but as i was reading one reviewers comments it would let him
ALL TERRAIN with his 2 bad knees and arthritis since a conventional 4 wheeler is to painful to sit on!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think it's pretty damn cool. Neat suspension.
I like the independent motors for each wheel.
It could use a few tweaks, but overall, Hell yeah.

top topics

join