It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Post-menopausal Woman Gives Birth to Her Own Triplet Grandchildren.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In another example of science gone crazy, a post-menopausal woman underwent hormone treatments so she could be a surrogate for her daughter who suffers from endometriosis. This condition makes it difficult, but not impossible, to conceive. Putting her own life in danger, the 55 year old Richmond, VA woman gave birth to triplets by caesarean section Tuesday.

www.cbc.ca
"I was a caring incubator and that's how I saw myself," she said after the delivery.

Her daughter, Camille Hammond, and Camille's husband Jason said they were overjoyed to finally become parents.

The Hammonds are both doctors at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md.

Her eggs and her husband's sperm were merged to create three embryos that were implanted in Cade.

Cade had already begun menopause, so she had to undergo hormone treatment to allow her body to carry the children.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I had a girlfriend who suffered from endometriosis. She went back to her old boyfriend and as soon as she came off birth control she got pregnant. It was a surprise and goes to show that it's not impossible to conceive with the condition.

IMHO we have here another example of science able to do something so its gets done. Damn the consequences.

It's not natural for a 55 year old post-menopausal woman to have children... but hey... science to the rescue right?

I guess adoption was out of the question.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What business is it of your if someone wants to do this? They shoudl be prevented from doing so because you are uncomfortable? I am being blunt, but its to the point, if someone has a need then no one else has a say.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What business is it of your...

So why is it news then? If it was nobody's business it shure would not make headlines.

I guess pumping up a 55-year-old woman full of hormones so she can play test tube in a unnatural act is ok with you?

In a nation that abhors medical intervention in ending a pregnancy they sure seem willing to go to extreme medical lengths to start one in unnatural circumstances.

Hypocrites.

[edit on 12/29/2004 by Gools]

new topics

join