It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What America needs... based on who you are...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Term limits for ALL political office, no more cults of personality, or shared bribery. No electoral college, no longer needed, communications advances have made this just a tool for the elite to control us. No more Federal reserve, um wake up FED we understand that scam at least.

Lets be a free America again based on democracy, not some badly run corporation on the take.

The obvious answer is that anyone who is willing to run on this platform will be publicly shamed for getting drunk in 1987 and spray painting, "killroy was here" on a senators horse... at best... probably just killed or suicided, like being found in a car file with three holes in your skull, but since your car had a lighter outlet in the ashtray it was the cars fault. Maybe finding your head in Moab Utah in the cave of wonder for sale for $19.99, and your body washs up in Cabo... obvious suicide.

The culture of distraction and 24 hour news is the greatest threat to America right now. We are developing (developed?) into a subserviant bunch of smart phone addicts, forget anything over 6 minutes old zombie slaves for the machine.

THAT is the real apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just make it a 6 year term and no re election, 6 year is enough to make a difference and not long enough to fill up your pockets with billions of dollars.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Just make it a 6 year term and no re election, 6 year is enough to make a difference and not long enough to fill up your pockets with billions of dollars.

I say keep the same term limits, two term limit. With an honest election system, none of this electoral college BS.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How about local city positions are filled like jury duty. Your name gets picked, you serve on the city council for a year or two. Totally random.

"Ah man, I got called to serve on the city council..."

"Well, it's more interesting that jury duty..."

Just an idea I had.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

I am partial to the ceremonial government model.

They may hold office indefinitely but, there is no pay or power associated with the office.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think that is a great idea!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How about living your life, paying a flat 15% flat tax on income? Wait... before you criticize... we cut out lifetime secret service for corrupt past officials, we make politicians pay their own health insurance, we cut out every program designed to corrupt and control or just waste money so your friends get a juicy salary! Just doing that, we pay off China, thell them to F off, and start making OUR kids build our Iphones and tennis shoes!

edit on 7 by AshFan because: forgot rapper shoes

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Based on who I am, a U.K citizen...
An anti-Zionist Presidential administration that isn't hungry for war or Middle Eastern blood so that in 2 years David Cameron can't turn around and say "we are joining our allies" in such and such a place.

Mystik & Green both hit the nail on the head too.
I feel the same about our political structure.
edit on 7-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How about local city positions are filled like jury duty. Your name gets picked, you serve on the city council for a year or two. Totally random.

"Ah man, I got called to serve on the city council..."

"Well, it's more interesting that jury duty..."

Just an idea I had.

That's all fine and dandy until the village idiot and a few of his buddies are selected at the same time and next thing you know there's a city code that only allows Busch Light to be sold in stores and no less than 35" mudders on your pickup.

We'd have to have a system in place to ensure diversity in opinions.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Well, it would get people to pay more attention to politics for starters....and when that happens it can begin to change everything.

Generally the government closest to you and your home has the most impact and is the most felt. That would be your city or town. You'd be surprised just how much control city councils have over their jurisdiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I totally agree. Especially with the electoral college nonsense. Why does my vote need to get filtered? Why are the Koch brothers allowed to give so much money to political interests? Is this legal? Is this justified? Is it part of the Constitution?

Why is the Supreme Court so partisan? How and when did it start?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not to endorse an isolationist mindset, but we should at least be able to review the FACTS (no CNN, no FOX just facts) and move ahead as a responsible country!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Something else I thought of is to teach politics from birth childhood...

Like English, Maths & Science...

The old excuse of "you'll need these when you grow up" has never been more true than when it comes to politics.

edit on 7-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Birth is a bit extreme!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And when did we decide to let the executive branch have so much power? Is our new policy "Checks and balances unless there is an executive order?

Screw that. Enforce sanity, rebel against insanity.

originally posted by: Kratos40
I totally agree. Especially with the electoral college nonsense. Why does my vote need to get filtered? Why are the Koch brothers allowed to give so much money to political interests? Is this legal? Is this justified? Is it part of the Constitution?

Why is the Supreme Court so partisan? How and when did it start?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, but then we get whatever Dogma the lowest paid members of society spinning reality for our kids at a very impressionable age wants to program them with.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Something else I thought of is to teach politics from birth...

Like English, Maths & Science...

The old excuse of "you'll need these when you grow up" has never been more true than when it comes to politics.

edit on 7 by AshFan because: forgot the end

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I like Mystik's idea with maybe a minimum IQ requirement for those chosen...

"Oh you're a buffoon who doesn't know his arse from his elbow, then you don't get a say"...

To be honest, elitism in my opinion, is only warranted when it comes to common sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To be completely honest... I think a Prius with 35 inch mudder tires would look badass.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

As opposed to the slow indoctrination of parenthood to the child and what is morally right?
That's failed.

I'm talking a candid discussion forum on law, infrastructure and economics with a wide range of debate points and stances...
But from young...

Leaving that to the elite colleges is what is making career politicians right now...
Might as well do it properly.

Then lower voting ages to 15 once it's been in place for a couple of years.

So many students don't get a say in their representatives when that's who they solely rely upon at an educational level.

I've said what I'm about to say in about 5 different topics this week...
It's a rigged game.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Agreed. If only human nature could allow this perfect solution.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We need:

1) Flat tax. No deductions or loop holes. The tax code needs to be simplified so politicians can't use it to dole out favors.
2) Two term limits. None of this career politician BS. If you can't get it done in two terms, it isn't getting done.
3) Voter Test. Must be able to pass simple civics test.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join