It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black sails - michael bays best work yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Have you seen this show called Black sails?

Its like the game of thrones but with pirates. In my opinion this is michael bays best work yet.
Excellent effects, language and yes naked pirate whores!
It stays true to the trading routes used by merchant ships. And has nassau as the hub of all the illegal piracy.

Its a great show, dont take my word for it, check it out for yourselves. At the worst, you wasted 1 hour giving this show a chance. At the very worst... Youll be devoting your weekend to pounding back every episode you can

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I havent. Will give it a try just watched the trailer.

"I am your king" Pirates chose their captains. I don't know which pirate is meant to be a king? Ill have to watch. Even blackbeard went through votes for captainship till the end.

Is this on netflix? what channel?
Cheers Z
edit on 7-8-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Have you seen this show called Black sails?

Its like the game of thrones but with pirates. In my opinion this is michael bays best work yet.
Excellent effects, language and yes naked pirate whores!
It stays true to the trading routes used by merchant ships. And has nassau as the hub of all the illegal piracy.

Its a great show, dont take my word for it, check it out for yourselves. At the worst, you wasted 1 hour giving this show a chance. At the very worst... Youll be devoting your weekend to pounding back every episode you can

Yes, I started watching this about mid way through and I must say the show is bad ass!!!! I'm waiting for season 3 to come out now. The end of season 2 left off with the idea that what is going to happen next is going to kick ass and I can't stand having to wait for it.

But the show has everything needed. Great action. Hot women. Bad Ass Pirates. All around great characters. Twists and turns. Sex and Violence. It's just one of the best shows around in my opinion. I rate it right up there with Game of Thrones for sure. The characters in the show are very very well done.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Im not going to spoil anything but that individual who says that...well lets just say there are some repercussions for his thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Personally, i enjoy TGOT but i dont have that need or desire Like i cant wait to see the next episode, like i do with the walking dead and this show. I seen a commercial for this show on a streaming service i use called Shomi. When i seen michael bay put this together, i figured maybe its worth a shot, after the first 2 minutes i was like, i think this is going to be a good series. After Watching the entire first episode, i needed to watch the next.. And next, 2 days i had the first season down. Luckily im off on holidays so i have the time.
I didnt even realize there was a 2nd season out until i did some googling. So i hit up pirate bay and am now on episode 10. The show just keeps on getting better, the plot deeper and the characters continue to develop.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Im not sure if its netflix, i watch it on shomi.

But you can also find it on torrent sites.

If you have the channel Starz, then you might be able to watch it also

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i don't have starz but thanks anyway

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
let me guess the entire show is filmed from one low angle looking up to make everything grande. micheal bay is a one trick pony and thats his only trick. hes not well liked in the industry. hell nobody liked him in film school either.

that gripe being said. I love me some pirates.
black flag was one of my favorite video games.

wish it were bigger or they made just a black fIag sequal and abandoned the assassins creed storyline.

edit on 7-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Np, you can find it all over the net anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One of the best series I've ever seen, bring on season 3.....

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ya im only a few episodes into season 2 and already im eager for season 3. Im thinking of spreading the remaining episodes out so hey last until season 3 drops

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

He's a producer, not a director, so don't stress too much about his influence.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but the story is about what happens before the events of Treasure Island.

I do enjoy it, second season certainly raised the stakes in the shock factor. I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Amazing show.
Is it coming back?.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Only one I played and loved it.
A pirate life for me

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yup season 3 has been filmed and set to release 2016, and they also just renewed for season 4!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Oh that has cheered me up.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Great show, best thing Starz has done since the amazing Spartacus! ... Outlander is good too though.

Am happy it's got two more seasons, season 2 picked up great in my opinion.

Anyone else find Max' accent really annoying?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Shes french. Living in Canada you hear it so much you dont even notice it anymore lol

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can't BELIEVE what happen at the end of season 2.

Black Sails.

Pretty good series.

Like out of no where.

top topics

join