It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Million Watch GOP Debate On Fox News; Most-Watched Cable News Program Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Republican "debates" on FoxNews cable last night took every cake that's ever been baked.

Lot's of controversy coming from different directions too.

The "Stars" seemed to end up being candidate Donald Trump and moderator Megyn Kelly, everybody else gets a "Pffft" imo.

Why did so many people watch this?

Curiosity kill the cat? or are people *really* looking for the next President?

24 Million Watch GOP Debate On Fox News; Most-Watched Cable News Program Ever

In the estimation of many reporters who cover the political and media beats, Fox News was the winner of the first GOP debate. And with the just-released ratings we can confirm that.

A whopping 24 million watched the debate from 9 p.m. ET to just past 11 p.m. ET. FNC drew 7.9 million in the A25-54 demo.

This is now the highest non-sports cable program of all time, the highest-rated cable news program of all time, and Fox News’s most-watched program ever.

The 5 p.m. ET debate, withe the 7 lower-tier candidates did very well for Fox News too, drawing 6.1 million total viewers and 1.2 million in the demo, making it the third-highest primary debate ever on cable.

edit on Aug-07-2015 by xuenchen because: [they're off the see the wizard]

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
They were waiting for Trump to say "you're fired".

I wish that was just a joke, but sadly I believe it to be true. They watched to be entertained, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

meh...I thought trump was one of the least entertaining. Maybe, just maybe, there are a lot of interesting candidates out there and people are actually trying to get to know them all?

You know, so they can make an informed decision and all that...
edit on 7-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While only 3.5 million tuned in to Jon Stewart's last Daily Show.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I didnt watch it.

But I suspect everyone was watching wondering if the Trump trainwreck is still full steam ahead.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Trump will actually gain in popularity even though his showing was a little disappointing. Carson had the best lines last night.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sad for what passes as a debate now a days.

Lead the easily led people while making money. Two birds.
edit on 8/7/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Orville Redenbacher stocks also hit an all time high.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My Co-workers said they watched the debate on fox news for the lulz, same reason they watch every other "news" show on that channel.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I heard more substance from a few of the republican candidates last night in 30 seconds than I have from Hillary over the last few months though.

Being an independent who hates partisan politics, I actually thought both debates were well done. What did you think was sad about it in particular other than the Trump stuff?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For the next one I suggest they hook the men up to lie detectors. That would be an even bigger draw. They might as well make it a reality show since there is little actual reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What I took away from last nights debate was initial exposure to candidates I knew little about. I was impressed with Ben Carson, although he seemed to stammer at times while in the spotlight. Christie, Trump, Cruz and Paul--no surprises there. I've yet to watch the earlier debate with the 2nd tier candidates, but had fun mixing and matching for a potential ticket.

The topic least discussed was HRC and viewpoints on possible Dem. candidates. Why this wasn't a major subject is beyond me, but I'm not a regular viewer of Fox, CNN or MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Politicians say a lot, deliver little. History. File it under talk is cheap.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Not disagreeing with you there, but you made it seem like this debate was much worse than those in the past. So I was curious if there were any specifics that stood out other than Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was playing the drinking game. Impossible to take this nonsense seriously. It was like a comedically slow motion crash between a clown car and a short bus.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I thought it was kind of funny that my parents were watching that in one room on not one but two TVs. While I was over in another just watching some random things. Everything I was hearing from the debate made it less of a debate and more of saving face(s). At one point I heard something about women on their knees and I turned around surprised. Only to hear the candidate pretty much state "No no you have it all wrong we were playing" Yet, people still applauded after he was done..? After that I was done.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why is Trump so popular, he ran last time with little fanfare, what's different this time?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Some said some positive things about changing the country. Some showed they don't need to be in Congress, in my opinion. (Yours may vary)

I wasn't really surprised by anything. I suppose when the candidate is chosen it will make a statement. Waiting to see what that statement is.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Moderators would have been better suited hosting "The Voice". I watched for entertainment value, not enough obnoxious Trump to make it fun, the others were just full of sh•t, and self praise... and little to no plans.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Why is Trump so popular, he ran last time with little fanfare, what's different this time?

Ron Paul isn't there this time, that's the difference....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join