It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would win in a startrek starwars war.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My question who would win if the startrek(federation) went to war with starwars(empire)
-Note I did all this myself

Well I started of by thinking startrek would win hand down but after siting down and reading the number I changed my mind and now think starwars has a big advantage. I don�t know if any one remembers my photon torp. energy calculations but I showed that (by pure physics and what each universe counts as cannon-note the definitions are different) that starwars would win.

Each photon has 1.5 kg of anti-matter in it this we know.
Explosive yield of a photon.
E=?
M=3(1.5matter/1.5anti-matter)
C=3*10^8

E=Mc^ 2
E=3*(3*10^8)^2
E=2.7*10^17J

Assuming around a 90% conversion rate.

E=2.7*10^17/100
E=2.7*10^15*90
___
E=2.43*10^17J
---------------
(the largest nuke ever detonated was 2.4*10^17J
or 57.6 megatons)

we also know that 1 jule= 2.4*10^-10 tons

that gives us 5.8*10^7 tons
or 58megatons

and the starwars fighter slave one according to amazing cross sections(note this is canon its not like startrek) has a laser of 200 gigaton- a giga is a lot bigger than a mega. giga is x10^9 last mega is x10^6.

200 gigatons is 200x10^9 tons
(200x10^9)/ 2.4*10^-10 to make in to Jules.

8.33x10^20J which is bigger than 2.43*10^17J
And remember this is a laser not a missile and on a fighter meaning starwars has more powerful weapons.

Even with this I have met people that would say startrek what to you people think.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Two words.

Death Star.

Of course this is assuming that the Empire did have the ability to build another before ROTJ, and this battle between Star Trek and the Empire came before the death of Vader and Palpatine.

The Empire even withouth the Death Star would win. In space, the Federation would be crushed. The Empire had the better and stronger capital ships, the super stardestroyers, regular star destroyers, and very strong fighters. Tie Bombers, fighters, and interceptors, which are very fast and dangerous ships in the expanded universe.

On land, it would go to the Empre too. They had the best armed machinery possibly in all of sci/fi. AT-ATs, AT-STs, and many more in the EU. While their grunts (Stormtroopers) had very poor accuarcy, they could still overwhelm the Federation.

So hands down Star Wars, and no not out of bias

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Definetly the empire would win, they were so massage they took a up a galaxy, they had fully formed armies, actual fleets with fighters, And don't forget the FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! the federation is relatively small compared to the empire. No army , just dudes in a one piece with receding hair lines. May the Swartz be with you!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
On a simple warfare basis, the Empire would wipe the Federation out. However, I don't think the Empire has Teleportation or Cloaking technology and if used wisely, that could make a hell of a difference.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
captain KIRK would kick everybody's A**!!!!! fancy weapons or not!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yea captain Kirk could out smart anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even deep blue

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
whilst i agree that the federation would get wiped out, the Borg would take anyone to hell, including palpatine and his lackeys

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
captain KIRK would kick everybody's A**!!!!! fancy weapons or not!

PFFFFFFFFFTTTTt!!! Vader would snap kirk in half like a twig by using the force.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
TREK BABY!

Come on. Star Wars is a nija western. Man to man. They fight with swords for crying out loud. SWORDS! Okay, made of light...but still.

LAME. And the death star? Pfft. Didn't that poof Mark Hamill take it out with one shot? Pretty much wasn't the "Empire" wiped by a chick, a geek, Indiana Jones and a guy in a monkey suit?

Any Federation in any time...60's, TNG, Voyager, DS9... (okay maybe not Enterprise Series) could erase the Empire from existence.

Those guys go back in time all the time and do wacky stuff. Save wales, know Q.

Come on if they beat Q and he is an all powerful God that could blink Star Wars out of existence...

I mean come on...

Star Wars blows. I think that hobbit with the invisibility ring could beat them. Or that pet detective guy. Maybe. Ernest could no doubt. Know what I mean Vern?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Could Starship Troopers beat Threes Company?

I've done the calculations, and I think Chrissy tips the scale.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Star wars all the way

The federation would not stand a chance against the Empire

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In the EU, there are cloaking devices that can be placed on ships. Also the Empire has Interdictor cruisers which would prevent the Federation from retreat, and back onto land battles we forgot the Imperials have these guys.

The Dark Troopers, basicly super stormtroopres who known how to aim. On a further referance to Imperial land forces I found this informative link.

Info

Captain Kirk could not stand a chance against Vader, not even Spock or Jean-luc-Picard.

Plus if we throw everything Star Wars vs everything Trek, Star Wars would still win.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Star Trek is just a pretty college boys space sorority. Starwars is full of real devious villains.

"Set phasers for stun" vs. "Wipe them out! All of them!"

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfwood
Each photon has 1.5 kg of anti-matter in it this we know.
Explosive yield of a photon.
E=?
M=3(1.5matter/1.5anti-matter)
C=3*10^8

E=Mc^ 2
E=3*(3*10^8)^2
E=2.7*10^17J

Assuming around a 90% conversion rate.

E=2.7*10^17/100
E=2.7*10^15*90
___
E=2.43*10^17J
---------------
(the largest nuke ever detonated was 2.4*10^17J
or 57.6 megatons)

we also know that 1 jule= 2.4*10^-10 tons

that gives us 5.8*10^7 tons
or 58megatons

and the starwars fighter slave one according to amazing cross sections(note this is canon its not like startrek) has a laser of 200 gigaton- a giga is a lot bigger than a mega. giga is x10^9 last mega is x10^6.

200 gigatons is 200x10^9 tons
(200x10^9)/ 2.4*10^-10 to make in to Jules.

8.33x10^20J which is bigger than 2.43*10^17J
And remember this is a laser not a missile and on a fighter meaning starwars has more powerful weapons. :

You people are just sick! Sick I say!

PS Star Wars would win.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

well i did do it a couple of mouths back for a post on a diffrent site and i just decided to post hear. I did not just do for this topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfwood

well i did do it a couple of mouths back for a post on a diffrent site and i just decided to post hear. I did not just do for this topic.

Just pulling your leg. I use to be a SW fanatic as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys, but Farscape would destroy both of them.

Two words: Wormhole Weapon

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i'm not saying SW sucks.....but come on,the fedaration would still outnumber them....and kirk and picard are some smart dudes,not to mention getting all the klingons to join in with thier cloaking devices. i stand by ST. Kirk all the way baby!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

i'm not saying SW sucks.....but come on,the fedaration would still outnumber them

I suppose that it is the same as the difference in the movies/shows between them in that respect then. Quantity versus quality.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

i'm not saying SW sucks.....but come on,the fedaration would still outnumber them....and kirk and picard are some smart dudes,not to mention getting all the klingons to join in with thier cloaking devices. i stand by ST. Kirk all the way baby!

The fedatration takes up a small part of our galixiey last the empire takes up allmost all(if not all of one) and your saying the empire is out numbered.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join