It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Form for Drug Dealers to Snitch on Competitors Results in an Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

OK this is just too funny gotta give it up to the cops who came up with this. Apparently it has resulted in alot of arrests.

You know drug dealers are going to be anonymously turning each other in left and right.. Or how about the scorned xgirlfriends?

When the sheriff in Franklin County, Ky., posted a flier on Facebook asking local drug dealers to snitch on their competition, the response was more than a little incredulous.

That is, until a tip sent to a phone number on the flier led to an investigation that helped the sheriff arrest a local drug dealer. The authorities recovered crack coc aine, coc aine, four pounds of marijuana and four firearms, the sheriff, Pat Melton, said on Thursday.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That is kinda funny.

Hope they go easy on any medical or personal use marijuana growers though.

Round here dealers just break the competitions legs

They are called enforcers and much more scary than the police.
edit on 7-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would bet that people will die over this. A sheriff program that tempts someone to do this for the desire of having their competition removed from the scene is going to end in many deaths, maybe even the death of law enforcement officers. Never volunteer any information to cops, because they don't care about anyone except to help themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yea, I'll say the same thing here as on FB..

This is little more than lazy pig ideology at work. Many innocents will be harmed by it. It is no different than the stupid "swatting" craze or CPS bombing the neighbors you don't like.

Just another intimidation tool, by tools, for tools.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh
Yep,I was pretty much going to say the same..Heh,imagine how many teens/immature people are going to use this to "prank"their friends,or Fk over their enemies..knowin how the Leo's have itchy triggers fingers now,it could lead to another life lost for a BS reason..

edit on 7-8-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

Its all fun and games till someone gets their eye put out.

I just can't imagine what kind of person would send this in.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I would bet that people will die over this. A sheriff program that tempts someone to do this for the desire of having their competition removed from the scene is going to end in many deaths, maybe even the death of law enforcement officers. Never volunteer any information to cops, because they don't care about anyone except to help themselves.

Sadly this is so true, Cops are the enemy to every citizen. Sorry "good" cops start policing your own and then maybe we can talk.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: greydaze

Its all fun and games till someone gets their eye put out.

I just can't imagine what kind of person would send this in.

I can this society is breeding some really stupid,selfish scummy people.......

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Calm your hairy bosoms, it looks like a lighthearted joke by the police department.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well...i guess that is one difference between me and gorillas....i have chest hair. LOL

Yeah, i know the department was making fun. Its the people who took them up on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Posting it on Facebook is meant to promote it, not joke about it. So the police officers involved threw it out there, and now the New York Times has picked it up and bullhorned it to the world. As was said earlier in the thread, people are going to be "turning in" lots of non-drug dealers, either punking people or getting back at those who've done them a perceived wrong. This won't end well.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

If they want to ratchet it up pay them $2000 if their tip leads to a conviction. Everyone will turn each other in, and the $2000 per will mostly go back to law enforcement when it's confiscated as drug money.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Wow, everyone cool down a bit...It ALWAYS was a way to put out competition...what do think scums selling drugs to children do when they get caught??? They MOSTLY act like what they are and RAT about their ''friends'' to get out/have a lesser sanction. I Wonder why so many people here think so highly of scumbags? Go figure.

No news here...sorry

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Seems to me that ratting out your competition is a bad career move for someone who trades on their street cred.
edit on 8/8/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I thought the same but for more than 15 years I worked as a cop and by far MOST of the intel comes from rivals. Always. It's a dirty business and there is no 'rules' nor 'honor code'. Money is the game, the rest is accessory.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

As was said earlier in the thread, people are going to be "turning in" lots of non-drug dealers, either punking people or getting back at those who've done them a perceived wrong. This won't end well.

That kind of stuff is and was happening long before this revelation came out

top topics

join