It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the hate against Megyn Kelly? Because she's smart maybe? Hmmmm.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, I've been reading all these threads with the republican debate post mortems.

I am completely flabbergasted and appalled at all the disparaging comments made against Megyn Kelly.

Now, I seldom watch Fox News. Last night was the first time I watched anything on Fox News in probably over five years. So I went into this with no preconceived notions about any of the moderators and what they were about.

I was very impressed with all three moderators, especially Megyn Kelly. I had never really seen her in anything before, and she came across as fair, smart, and thought well on her feet. She didn't take any of trump's bull# personally, was very professional.

I think people slamming her are just insecure. God forbid a news channel should have a smart woman. Notice neither of the other two moderators are getting criticized.

So what is up with all the hate? I certainly don't see what some of you saw. Of course, it's the minority of people that have the biggest mouths, instead of the silent majority like me. So I'm saying with my big mouth you all who are slamming Megyn Kelly need to get over yourselves. Sad.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So your defending someone that you never really watched, shes good for the eyes, great entertainment for some, but a journalist or reporter she is not.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I stand by what I said.

I guess one cannot be a beautiful woman and be a good journalist (sarcasm font on)

This country has a lot of problems in how women are treated. Some European countries could give it a run for its money.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

She was fair, and really only got snippy when Trump interrupted her.

This is just all more trump fan boys and girls that think he was treated unfairly because he said he was.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm not too up on her work, and I missed the debate...

But I've seen the candor & vitriol aimed at her too.

So I'm gonna watch The Kelly File tonight to see the aftermath and how she reacts.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So your defending someone that you never really watched, shes good for the eyes, great entertainment for some, but a journalist or reporter she is not.

She's also a lawyer.

Now what.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Megyn can be a bulldog when she thinks women are being treated unfairly. I've watched her when she was on the noon time slot off and on. In general, I like her and think she's tough but fair. What I saw last night was more or less how she is when she thinks she's not getting a straight answer.

I noticed that Wallace pressed Trump pretty hard too. No one is complaining about him.

Not all of the pretty faces on Fox are just there to be infobabes.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think it stems from two places:

1.) The popular perception that Fox is "their" channel.

2.) The popular perception that the pretty ladies of Fox are just there to look good.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't have a clue who she is but the vast majority of big tittied dolls in news have been really freaking ditzy. Perhaps the true ratings which have come out recently regarding MSM is causing a flip in the programming and they're going after big titties with equally big brains? Heck if that's the case, I'm all for it!

Now I gotta yt this woman see what kinda goodies she's got.

Took 3 seconds, she's got the look. Not a ditz, I'm going in for more details.
edit on 7-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They sandbagged Trump from the first question.

Megan played her part in the sleaze.

Because she back stabbed Trump you like her.

I now hate the filthy lying agenda drivin pig.

Yes, that's how I really feel.
edit on 7-8-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Watching Fox as much as MSNBC, I didn't know that much about Kelly prior to last night's debate. I believed the moderators did a decent job, with one exception: at times they allowed emotion or perhaps personal bias into the questions they asked. Should Kelly have come back at Trump? Absolutely. He showed his true colors last night, and IMO Kelly could have made impassive rebuttals, rising above a blowhard and letting Trump debase himself further.

If people are "slamming her" about shallow qualities, it would stand to reason insecurity could be a cause. There are plenty of news outlets that employ smart women in their ranks, so that argument doesn't hold water.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Kelly is a well known attorney and usually claims to be an attorney rather than a journalist. There had been a number of articles that Rupert Murdoch was pushing Roger Ailes to use this debate to take out the Donald.

She is very good at what she does, but on occasion her self-esteem is too high and her arrogance gets her into trouble with people she interviews. But on other occasions her work is a revelation. I wasn't in the States at the time, but a friend had recorded and played for me her interview with Suzanne Somers on alternative medical therapies and it was so remarkable because she clearly was not the usual spokesperson for BigPharma.

All that being said in watching the U.S. debate, I felt Kelly had received the memo from Rupert Murdoch and was doing her best to skewer the Donald. If that was her brief, she did remarkably well. But for anyone who is on board with Trump-as-saviour, she has now become the whore-of-babylon.

My problem with the theatrical event was that it was not a debate. The moderators easily spoke for one-third of the allotted time. It was very poorly constructed and conceived of as a debate.

I am more interested in which persons behind the scenes decided that it was Rand Paul's job to reveal Chris Christie as a brawling, frothing enemy of the Bill of Rights willing to play any and all emotional cards. If anyone lost miserably, it was Chris Christie, and hearing the pundits reading their scripts that he bested Rand Paul helps to underline that there is little difference between journalism today and prostitution.

Megyn Kelly will survive and thrive. More moderates and liberals will watch her show. And when the time comes that Donald Trump turns into Ross Pierot people will recall fondly that she was the knight who first skewered the dragon of Donald Trump.

The Canadian debate was narcoleptic by comparison.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can't give any specific examples but I have seen interviews where she is obviously going easier on one guest than another which did make it appear as though she was perhaps following a Fox agenda.

On other occasions the stories she has been commenting on, when you've actually looked into them further, have been reported in a misleading manner.

Having said that, her being an attractive woman with a law degree is irrelevant as I believe there are other members of Fox news who do the same.

Scally

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well any woman hat isn't left leaning is obviously an idiot, so if they're pretty they are a double idiot.

Funny how you don't hear a lot of comments about bimbo dems.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I guess one cannot be a beautiful woman and be a good journalist (sarcasm font on)

Nobody is suggesting such a thing. Let me ask you can a beautiful woman be a bad journalist (sarcasm font on) ?

Why do people always jump on the easy ism cards (racism,sexism) why can't people just not like her simply because of other reasons?

Personally, I didn't like any of those hosts I actually dislike Bret Baier the most, is it because he is white middle age man?

edit on 57831America/ChicagoFri, 07 Aug 2015 16:57:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is Trump being called out on his BS by woman. We already know he has no respect for women, that one would dare call his highness out on the nonsense he spews is simply not acceptable to Donald. Which is why he went nuts for hours after that last night on twitter, She must have really touched a nerve. If he can not take a little pressure in a minor debate without a meltdown how does he think he could ever be President?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Is it me or are there more blondes on Fox or conservative stations and more brunettes on the flaming, liberal stations?

Damn, I just made a blonde joke?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We already know he has no respect for women,

The problem is, he has no respect for anyone but himself not just women. So its not a sexism thing its and @shole thing.
edit on 02831America/ChicagoFri, 07 Aug 2015 17:02:17 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This is Trump being called out on his BS by woman. We already know he has no respect for women, that one would dare call his highness out on the nonsense he spews is simply not acceptable to Donald. Which is why he went nuts for hours after that last night on twitter, She must have really touched a nerve. If he can not take a little pressure in a minor debate without a meltdown how does he think he could ever be President?

In fairness...

Fox knew after that first question Trump would be the only one with his hand up.

That was planned. It was designed to embarrass him.

I don't need Megyn Kelly to decide who I will vote for.

I hope Trump goes third Party now.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We already know he has no respect for women

Well I didn't know that. Is there a reason you're saying that? I think he's a buffoon (or a well disguised genius) but I don't recall any indications of him hating women. I haven't really paid much attention though. On account of the buffoonery.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join