It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Canada II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wrote a bunch of stuff on this original thread... ho hum. i will not scream.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, I'm gripping about the negative in politics. I want everyone to grow up. Well, the debate was. And I don't care. I had hoped that someone was right when they said one of the parties was not going to focus on negatives. Well, Justin is.... political theatre. We already know Harper's M.O. It's all the same as the last page. I had a discussion with my older son about my vote. I've already made up my mind. I told him I was putting aside my frustration that my personal issue is a football and I can't fall for another false promise.

I am voting green. I told my son there is only one important issue. The earth. I am not a total hippie. I can repair a chainsaw. I've been a soldier. And I was a farmer. I like meat.

But we are polluting the earth. Let's forget about the climate debate. We are poisoning the water. On a grand scale...

i'm voting for the future ....
i am not wasting my vote even if i am on the losing side again... i'm teaching my children right from wrong and i'll let the rest of you squabble about who gets to drive the bus over the cliff...

Old movie... "The Big Bus".... 1976

clip...

www.youtube.com...

I'm gonna edit and add another clip. It's a scene in the "bus driver's bar". Watching them act silly is no sillier than the debates.

www.youtube.com...

more...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-8-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

I have never stopped voting green since I was of voting age still back in Europe in the 70's. As a Canadian now I also never voted anything but green. What surprised me so is that in Canada a good 40 years after the 1st greens entered European parliaments, we still haven't achieved any significant voice

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Green Party needs to get involved in more, Immigrants barely have any idea who the green party is.. Toronto and Vancouver being majority of immigrants(new and 2-3 generations), the party needs to get their attention.

currently NDP is stealing most of the immigrants votes...followed by Liberals... screw Harper and his pathetic Outsourcing, USAss kissing party.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

Dear sir, if this is an open letter to Canada....

I as a canadian Recommend you have a beer, eat some poutine, slay some ass, and play some hockey...

You as a canadian, are concerning yourself with all the wrong things...

Now before you turn red white and blue, I suggest you take a deep breath and remember who you are.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

In other words, focus on entertainment and heart attack inducing food and let the politicians worry about politics. That's what I call a dangerous mindset.

edit on 8-8-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join