It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora theater shooting jury reaches sentencing verdict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Only thing I read about it all day was that it would be announced at 5pm... 7pm edt.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Life in prison, that's what I just saw on NBC...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, that's what most of the sources I saw earlier said, but there was at least one Yahoo article that was saying death penalty and the CNN link I posted earlier, asking about the two counts of murder per victim was also saying death penalty.

I don't have the link to the yahoo article I saw, so it may have been user submitted, but the CNN one definitely wasn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Right HERE CNN is reporting life in prison.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yep it just popped up on my laptop about 25 minutes ago or so that he would be getting life in prison. I honestly have not been following it that much but wow it seems like it has been a while since this all transpired.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
No sane person could do what he did.

That said I don't want him on the street ever again. I am anti-death penalty because an evolved state should never stoop to the level of murderers, it doesn't deter a thing.

The ugly thing is, he started a precedent. Now we have movie theater violence like school shootings. That is the issue that needs to be addressed. Sensationalizing these acts in the media so the saturation sinks into imbalanced peoples' heads. Neither more guns or less guns will solve this issue. Hell, guy in Tennessee did better with a hatchet.
i just dont know.
Good thing I enjoy movies from the comfort of my home

this right here. Great post.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Life.

Interesting that many witnesses say ther was more than one shooter, that he was found imobile in the car right outside the door. If the shooter was wearing a mask, how does anyone know for sure that he was the shooter? What about the trail of blood that ran past the car and around to the side of the building where a 2nd gas mask was found? others say there was a getaway car. What about that?
Homes was taken into custody but NO MUGSHOT was published for days. Why is that? Most likely he's a patsie.
If his Dad really is the target__the one who came up w/software that would target certain white collar criminals__then the son getting life sends a message widout making him a martyr.

This makes for an interesting fiction.
edit on 7-8-2015 by cfnyaami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

How do you know for sure that is was him in the theatre? Just because they found him sitting in a car dressed like one of the shooters doesn't meen he was the guy.

he couldv'e been set up. just think about it. what if he wasn't the shooter?

have you seen that blood trail that runs outside and around the corner? ther was another gas mask found there. witnesses say there was a getaway car and some got into a car and got away.

holmes was jest sittin in the car...like a zombie...drugged out of his mind. why didn't they post is picture for days? he was drugged out of his mind and probably couldn't have done anthing on his own. Brainwashing. look into it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

Since he got life he has plenty of time to tell the truth then I suppose. Or for somebody else to find evidence of it.

Or for all kinds of wild speculation with little to no actual evidence to support it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I still wanna know who let him in the back door.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321

Nobody, he didn't even leave the car.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: DerekJR321

Nobody, he didn't even leave the car.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Since he got life he has plenty of time to tell the truth then I suppose. Or for somebody else to find evidence of it.

If that's the case he'll be taken out. Plenty of killers in the joint who'd do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If that's the case he'll be taken out. Plenty of killers in the joint who'd do it.

Sure. And if he gets offed for sitting in somebody's seat during a meal, we'll have all kinds of conspiracy fodder.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He will be living in a SuperMax prison for the rest of his life. He will get owend by the bigger residents there. For the rest of his life. He killed twelve people, for no reason.
Maybe Sarnaev and Holmes should share a cell and become butt-mates. Sorry, I mean cellmates.
Death is the easy way out.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is tons of circumstantial evidence against Holmes, but where is the hard ballistics evidence in this matter? Meaning witnesses who could ID him, his fingerprints on the guns or the ammo, gunshot residue evidence on his hands and clothing, etc.

Assuming he purchased the guns found at the scene, where is the evidence that those weapons caused the casualties? Have they been linked to the slugs pulled from the victims' bodies via analysis of lands and grooves? Did the responding officers smell those weapons to note the distinctive smell of a weapon that has just recently been fired? Did the shell casings recovered link back to the weapons via close analysis of ejector marks on the cartridges? That's hard forensic evidence, and I don't see it in this case.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I read a very interesting piece about people with this mentality not being able to accept that individuals are capable of such things, and needing to blame some sort of conspiracy or group with outlandish motives to justify it in their heads.

I think they're nutter butters, but I think in a way it's almost nice that some can't accept a lone individual is capable of such atrocities.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

but I think in a way it's almost nice that some can't accept a lone individual is capable of such atrocities.

Sadly I disagree. Whatever it is and I have some theories that maybe someday I'll touch on, has nothing to do with nice. Legitimately delusional at best.

ETA can you pm a link to that article?
edit on 8/7/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

I don't think you quite understand how a supermax prison works...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'll try to scrounge it up. Can't remember if it was in a psych textbook or what. It was pretty recent so I don't have to go through many pages if I can't find it online. I'll upload a scan to Imgur or something if the study/source isn't available online. I might be fuzzy on the details honestly, by recent I mean in the last 6 months and I found it while looking into something else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join