It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot sighting in North Carolina chased by a Yorkie !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Do people even try any more to make realistic hoaxes?

So he sees bigfoot and he concentrates on filming ziggy his terrier instead of big foot .

Also where in the world do these people buy these super cheap cameras that have the capability to focus and keep a resolution no higher than an original startec cell phone from the early 90's?

I have problems when focusing with my cellphone camera, when i try to film things at a distance, my hand shakes and the image gets blurry, that happens because i'm always nervous and i have cordenation problems, and that happens with my iphone (and even modern cameras are not that good today, believe me.).

The problem with modern cameras is that they were made to take photos up-close. Distance shoots will have less pixels.

So basically when people see something strange with a camera, people will become to shake and the video quality will go down to hell, unless you have a very brave person filming.

Either way. the bigfoot looks way to small and way to fast. I say this is fake.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Okay...so whose idea was it to film Dorothy and Toto meeting a Sasquatch for their school's film project? Cute. But there are too many ripoffs from the Blair Witch Project that were done poorly. It doesn't help that the Sasquatch looks like moderator BigFatFurryTexan's avatar sans pants.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It would be more convincing if the video were of better quality and the Yorkie in question actually looked like it was trying to scare away the Big Fella! Just pay attention to the Yorkie and where it goes.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hoax! if a dog saw something like that and smelled it, it would chase after it, not go the other side!
edit on 8-8-15 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

originally posted by: interupt42

Do people even try any more to make realistic hoaxes?

So he sees bigfoot and he concentrates on filming ziggy his terrier instead of big foot .

Also where in the world do these people buy these super cheap cameras that have the capability to focus and keep a resolution no higher than an original startec cell phone from the early 90's?

I have problems when focusing with my cellphone camera, when i try to film things at a distance, my hand shakes and the image gets blurry, that happens because i'm always nervous and i have cordenation problems, and that happens with my iphone (and even modern cameras are not that good today, believe me.).

The problem with modern cameras is that they were made to take photos up-close. Distance shoots will have less pixels.

So basically when people see something strange with a camera, people will become to shake and the video quality will go down to hell, unless you have a very brave person filming.

Either way. the bigfoot looks way to small and way to fast. I say this is fake.

---

Filming is hard work and at our company we do camera work A LOT !!! Out of all the video we shoot
Only a few percent is good enough for final display. The rest is shaky, blurred or improperly framed. So it is not surprising that it would be hard to run and shoot decent video on a smart phone.

We've got FOUR Canon 1Dc 4k cameras with ridiculously expensive lenses ($35,000+ EACH
just for the lenses!), professional Camera
operators and we STILL have issues Getting
perfect footage...so it's kinda expecting Way Too
Much of untrained amateurs to always get
perfect footage.

Getting clear stable footage of a Sasquatch
will come down to luck and the ability to stay still.
It might come today or the next few years but
EVENTUALLY someone will get one on decently shot video...i hope it's me!

edit on 2015/8/8 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well, it's interesting! Hard to ID this as a real Bigfoot, due to the blur, but one pause, you can sort of see what looks like a brow ridge. Not proof, of course, but two people here said it looked like some sort of primate.

As for the blur, even a good cell phone video can blur on a moving target. I see that all the time, taking vids of the kids and whatever.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto
That doesn't always hold true. I've had a lifetime with dogs and in my non-professional experience and opinion, they are generally good at evaluating threats. Even with the terrier scrappiness, that dog is not stupid and knows when something is hopelessly large. I would never own a dog that small, but I've babysat a few. They are fierce but in a smart way, they keep a sensible distance from whatever they're barking at. And run like hell when confronted.

Even full sized dogs balk at unknown threats or situations their nose tells them they can't handle. If a dog of any size takes on something they can't handle to protect you, that's their instinct to protect their pack mate overriding their sense of self preservation. Their hunting instinct usually wouldn't carry them far enough to chase something they can't evaluate. A Sasquatch would be too exotic an experience for most dogs to decide to chase and hunt. They'd be more likely to go into defensive behavior than pursuit.

Of course there's always plenty of exceptions. I lived most of my life in a rough neighborhood among fighting dogs raised up by thugs. I don't have a whole lot of experience predicting their behavior. While they are still dogs, there's a different paradigm to how they react to threats due to breeding and training and abuse. They seem a bit crazy and willing to take on the world. Their horrid owners don't really give them much chance to be any different. And there are some dogs with insanely high prey drives. I could see a dog like that going after a Sasquatch. While all terriers originally descend from hunting ancestors, I don't see a modern day Yorkie whose primary experience is as a pampered house pet doing it, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Once again that elusive ninja of the forest ie "bigfoot" escapes footage, even when filmed. Quite a trick to pull.

I think we should start some sort of campaign to eliminate all crappy low rez cameras in the world, you know start some sort of turn your crappy camera in get some free cheese drive at local government buildings or tech stores. I know people don't walk around with cameras all the time, but now a day literally my crappy 15$ cell I use wold get better footage then that vid in the OP, or what most Bigfoot spotters use or this guy during clear daylight used.

I also have a more expensive camera, on that you could zoom in and get a clear shot of Bigfoot picking his nose from quite a ways off in about 3 seconds. And the thing is? I bought that camera some 5 years ago now, its probably outdated and not so expensive now a days. So I would think all these people going on nature hikes would at least take something which from 10 feet away would at least be clear enough to distinguish things like arms and torso of a possible bigfoot or guy in suit and a tree, or even maybe something which can even capture a face that does not look like a blob on screen when its right in front of you. I know it can be done I have seen it done every time on the tv and youtube and every other video out there. We have the technology to capture faces pretty well on vid from 10 away I am pretty sure.

But no! Nature hikers and bigfoot enthusiasts and such like to take the crappiest camera they have on there outings it seems.

Between this and the other thread about bigfoot in the mount st helens story with the government guy speaking bigfootanese, at this rate Bigfoot will forever remain elusive.
edit on 3amSundayam092015f0amSun, 09 Aug 2015 03:41:26 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There is nothing I hate more than grifters. Waste of time.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hail men....I'm a trained observer just from being an outdoorsy guy....and a pilot I guess helps
there must be a path where the bigfoot clad dude was walking too slowly...and he was on stilts....short ones probably or on the lowest hole if using commercial drywall stilts.....that's why his first few steps were longer then got normal.....and that's why one needs to heave his elbows up to make a stride where we see his short azz little arms come up on that one part in the middle....I guess it helps to have walked stilts for ages.....
a rather slow move outta there huh!!! complete with no ducking down even because on stilts....you don't want to duck down or go too fastly!!!

edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one[/editby
it let me give two flags.....flaggs for the hoax of it all....
edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

What you wrote makes a lot of sense, I have been around dogs all my life, and I believe his reaction to something so exotic would be different, Im not saying he would get too close or chase him, but by smell alone he would have a total different posture.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I thought it was a woman in the video..

Again, too contrived, dog goes no where near it and seems to be barking at the tree's in the opposite direction, man / woman's voice sounds like its from a scene in Wuthering Heights big foot just strides away from the noise of a dog?

Give over...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
it's an obvious hoax because the person filming it is a bad actor.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

To the Yorkie's defense, he did look scared and looks like he thought twice about going towards Bigfoot or whatever it was. If it was a bigger dog, I could see him edging closer and possibly barking more aggressively.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
a reply to: Substracto
That doesn't always hold true. I've had a lifetime with dogs and in my non-professional experience and opinion, they are generally good at evaluating threats. Even with the terrier scrappiness, that dog is not stupid and knows when something is hopelessly large. I would never own a dog that small, but I've babysat a few. They are fierce but in a smart way, they keep a sensible distance from whatever they're barking at. And run like hell when confronted.

yep. I used to have a chihuahua who would bark at cats, but if the cat stood it's ground and looked ready to fight he'd turn around and run away.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join