It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pennsylvania man receives no Christmas gifts, burns down Mom and Dads house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A man angry about not receiving a Christmas gift, broke into his parents house and burned it down. The Pennsylvania man had apparently committed himself to a local hospital, then signed himself out. He then walked 13 kilometers to start the blaze. He was arrested when police found him smelling of smoke and had a lighter and gas.

story.news.yahoo.com< br /> FEASTERVILLE, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania man, angry because he received no presents for Christmas, burned down his parents' house early the next morning, police said.

Steven Murray, 21, was charged with arson and risking a catastrophe in the blaze that broke out early Sunday. No one was injured. Police said Murray had himself committed to a hospital Christmas Day but then signed himself out and walked 13 kilometres home. Later he told police he saw the flames in the distance.

But officers said his jacket smelled of smoke and they found a lighter in his pocket and a gas can near the front door.

"He was irritated that his family gave him no presents for Christmas," Lower Southampton police officer Peter Liese said.

Murray was jailed on $1 million bail. It was not immediately known whether he had a lawyer.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I want to go on the record right now, If I forgot to get you a present, I will make things right. This guy clearly has issues. No doubt he has some serious anger management needs and he requires some help. I�ve been stiffed with gifts before too (who has not?) But I never felt the need to burn their home down either.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I bet he was already angry the night before and making trouble in some bars or something.....

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Boy!

Murray was jailed on $1 million bail.

I wonder what he's going to burn down when his parents refuse to pay the bail?

lol...spoiled little psycho.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Does not the bail seem a bit excessive? Granted it was not my house but 1 mill? Ive seen people kill and have alot less.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the followup story that reveals he and his parents are Jewish.

You gotta admit, that would be pretty ironic.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This man obviously had a very rough time coming to terms with the fact that there is 'No Santa Clause'. All those years, holding onto that lie that his parents put in his head when he was a child was enough to send him over the edge once he found out the truth.

In fact this kinda makes for a good reminder that 'Not everyone is ready handle The Truth of Reality'. In this case, The Truth that was too much for him to handle was the realization that his own existence wasn't important enough to other people or even his own parents to be worthy of acknowledgement even at Christmas time.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Valhall

Does not the bail seem a bit excessive? Granted it was not my house but 1 mill? Ive seen people kill and have alot less.

uhhh...if his parents were asleep in bed when he torched the place...nope, doesn't sound bad to me! (I don't know if that's the case, but one would think they probably were.)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Americans..
Why do all these things only happen 'over there'?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Americans..
Why do all these things only happen 'over there'?

It took seven whole replies to get one of these......you guys are slipping.

Due to annoying circumstances I had to buy my gifts this week...I'm glad I'm not related to this guy or my house would have gone up too.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Bail in PA is seriously messed up. One guy killed 3 people, had a history of Assault and in and out of Mental Institutions and received a $250 thousand bail, another one also with a huge rap sheet, climbed into a kids(4 years old) window on the third floor, raped her and got $250 thousand bail. But yet a guy, with no previous rap sheet was arrested with 5 pounds of Marijuana and got $1 Million. This sends out a really good message

[edit on 29-12-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Bail in PA is seriously messed up. One guy killed 3 people, had a history of Assault and in and out of Mental Institutions and received a $250 thousand bail, another one also with a huge rap sheet, climbed into a kids(4 years old) window on the third floor, raped her and got $250 thousand bail. But yet a guy, with no previous rap sheet was arrested with 5 pounds of Marijuana and got $1 Million. This sends out a really good message

Laws in PA in general are a freakin mess and State Police can be Gestapo like in places. Very tight pot laws. Prohibition-like blue laws...just a mess of a state to live in really. At least legalized gambling is going to fix everything.
(Not that I'm against it but they think its going to fix the state.)

What really suprised me was that this was down by Philly and not up in the sticks somewhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yeah it seems way out of perportion to the crime. Valhall pointed out that maybe his parents were in the house at the time, but they should have charged him with attempted murder then.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - A family fight turned uglier when their pet pit bulldog joined the brawl. Christina Lyman told authorities she was trying to break up a Christmas evening altercation between her brother and sister, Nicholas Lyman, 19, and Yvonne Lyman, 22, both of Indianapolis.

That's when the family owned pit bull entered the fray and "turned on all three parties," according to Cpl. Chad Gillenwater of the Hawkins County Sheriff's Department.

Arriving at the home, Gillenwater said he found dents in the siding, a broken storm window and torn screen from the fight, and Yvonne Lyman outside in a "violent and intoxicated state."

The officer found Nicholas Lyman and Christina Lyman inside. Both appeared to have been drinking as well.
XMAS Brawl

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What in the world is going on with all these types of actions?

I read another story where it was stated a 15 year old girl put bleach in her 36 year old others tea because she did not get any presents.

Just MHO but I think this can be related to our court system that prevent what used to be normal punishment for doing wrong when kids are young.

Hell spanking a child is now considered as child abuse and that is wrong as long as one does not beat the child to death. A swat on the butt never hurt me. I did not like it, but I knew right from wrong, something our younger generation does not.

We need to get discipline put back in our schools and homes, especially in the home.

top topics

join