It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 First GOP Prime Time Debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I agree on both statements.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Presidency of the US is NOT a contest.

Seriously? What country are you from again?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44I reserve a special disgust for Meg Kelly, her performance was over the top unprofessional and a fine job application for her next job at CNN. She is no conservative.

Megyn Kelly is actually a liberal, always has been, she's just really good at not letting her bias interfere with her job. I've found her to always ask the tough questions of pretty much everyone and that's what she did here.

originally posted by: bladerunner44
Not the victim, just the one who scares the status quo the most. He is a loose cannon to be sure, but he is forcing discourse on the issues important to the heartland, or us miserable bastards clinging to our guns and bibles.

Have you ever looked at Trumps policies? Even by democrat standards he has been liberal for most of his life. He is not the conservative you're looking for.
edit on 7-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Trump is not the conservative I am looking for, that's for sure, but I am getting a kick out of him scaring the heebie-jeebies out of the Republicans. Most of them are useless as the day is long and only care about getting elected again. The day when any of them - R or D - cared about us, the little people - are long gone and not likely to change anytime soon.

The moderators of this debate certainly were not good at "not letting their bias interfere with their jobs". It was obvious they were lined up with their gottcha questions for Trump. They also pretty much ignored several of the candidates until the second half of the debate. They were pathetic and certainly didn't do themselves or Fox any favors.

There were too many candidates participating and should have been broken up so that each one had the time to actually answer a question if they were even asked one. The afternoon debate was handled much better.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

"Have you ever looked at Trumps policies? Even by democrat standards he has been liberal for most of his life. He is not the conservative you're looking for".

Never said I was looking for Trump. He is serving a purpose. He is dragging the other candidates out of the dark corners into the light. We may even find out where they stand on the important issues because of him. Some will scurry like cockroaches back into the corners and will fall away as candidates. You need to mature your perspective and understand that rarely are things as they seem. He won't be the putative candidate, but he is causing chaos in the republican ranks that is all he really needs to accomplish here. The election will be better for it, and we might even wind up with a decent president as a result.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join