It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 First GOP Prime Time Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here's the direct the link: 2016 GOP Prime Time Debate

My Personal Thoughts:

I think it's time to take Donald Trump seriously. I kept believing it was all a giant publicity stunt and he would eventually pull out while simultaneously announcing a new show.

So that was my main take away, it's time to realize, he might actually want to be president!

edit on 8/7/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: Embed Video Correctly

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I watched it as it aired.

That wasn't a debate. That was more of a round table, meet and greet. Trump called the participants "contestants" during an NBC Today Show phone interview this morning.

Presidency of the US is NOT a contest.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

To say I was shocked at Foxes performance in an understatement. That was an orchestrated media hit on Trump. Their biases and agenda were evident from the first question and extended to several other republican candidates. The Communist News Network (CNN) could not have done a better job. The audience was once again played by the media. I guess they think everyone is stupid and can't see through their ploy. It is disturbing coming from a network that I thought had some (a little) integrity. What the hell did some of those questions have to do with fixing the problems in this country ? I reserve a special disgust for Meg Kelly, her performance was over the top unprofessional and a fine job application for her next job at CNN. She is no conservative. I frequently watched her show but I am done with her hypocricy and her disingenious demeanor. This will hurt Foxes brand positioning, as well it should. Fair and balanced indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44

To say I was shocked at Foxes performance in an understatement. That was an orchestrated media hit on Trump. Their biases and agenda were evident from the first question and extended to several other republican candidates. The Communist News Network (CNN) could not have done a better job. The audience was once again played by the media. I guess they think everyone is stupid and can't see through their ploy. It is disturbing coming from a network that I thought had some (a little) integrity. What the hell did some of those questions have to do with fixing the problems in this country ? I reserve a special disgust for Meg Kelly, her performance was over the top unprofessional and a fine job application for her next job at CNN. She is no conservative. I frequently watched her show but I am done with her hypocricy and her disingenious demeanor. This will hurt Foxes brand positioning, as well it should. Fair and balanced indeed.

Don't disagree with anything you said. I come to expect the Media to be Liberal and Bias, so it doesn't even surprise me anymore. I, and I think most of America, are aware of the nonsense and have learned to ignore it and just listen to the Candidates themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This "debate" was so orchestrated, it was almost pathetic. Every single question was so preconceived... anyone who watches Fox News regularly could have easily called out the questions (along with most of the responses) which came out.

They barely attempted to twist any of the candidates arms (except for maybe Trump a little bit), nor did they try to put any candidate into a hot spot and see how they react or how they answer.

I was ashamed, I really was.
edit on 7-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

O god not trump.

He is playing you all like a fiddle.

He is the definition of crony capitolism........

Dont make me say........ even another bush would be better than trump......o god i just threw up.......

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I watched it as it aired.

That wasn't a debate. That was more of a round table, meet and greet. Trump called the participants "contestants" during an NBC Today Show phone interview this morning.

Presidency of the US is NOT a contest.

I disagree; the run for POTUS is not about the same as it is voting for class president in school. It is a massive popularity contest. The 'we the people' are supposed to judge people's responses to questions on events both nationally and internationally that they have no knowledge of. As they collectively 'have no damn clue' they vote for the shiny thing.

The system is rigged, the media tells you who to root for by putting them in the spotlight, they ignore anyone they do not want you to see. Then the two parties decide who is going to represent them. and the suckers(general population) then dutifully vote to select a voting block (electoral college) these already massively influenced and corrupted votes then get counted by a company outside the US electronically and we get a seat hanger answer.

Pure B.S.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44

You thought fox had some integrity?

Pauses for breath

To be fair all your "news" channels are jokes and I use the term news lightly.
edit on 7-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

Omg why are people letting trump be the victim here?

He got asked questions about what he has done, sorry he did those things but it isn't some conspiracy on him.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That video in the OP has been censored. It appears that Trumps comments were removed. LOL.

Any suggestions for uncensored videos?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
One interesting thing is that no one is talking about Jeb Bush.
Apparently he put in, according to the commentary, a very weak performance.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

To be honest, I am really happy to see this many, this good candidates. This can only mean, things can indeed get better.

And yes, my favorite baby was there - and we will overcomb ! This place will rock. Great guys whole row.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"2016 Fox News GOP Pep Rally"

edit on 7-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It was a beauty contest, not a debate.

Just my humble opinion, but when Rubio played the cello for the talent portion, I think that sealed it for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Throw 16 turds at a wall

I'm sure one will at least stick.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

To be honest, I am really happy to see this many, this good candidates. This can only mean, things can indeed get better.

And yes, my favorite baby was there - and we will overcomb ! This place will rock. Great guys whole row.

Overcomb??? you must be referring to Trumps hairdo

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Was I at least correct that it wasn't a "debate"?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: bladerunner44

Omg why are people letting trump be the victim here?

He got asked questions about what he has done, sorry he did those things but it isn't some conspiracy on him.

Not the victim, just the one who scares the status quo the most. He is a loose cannon to be sure, but he is forcing discourse on the issues important to the heartland, or us miserable bastards clinging to our guns and bibles. Remember us. We could be a threat after all. People are pissed we have no representative government in this country. The Election of Nov 2014 should bring that fact home to you. Boner and Mcfail have been bought and paid for and are like Remoras on the black Arabs behind. OMG indeed!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well in a relativistic world they have a modicum more of integrity than their counterparts. They at least will report on issues the lame stream media won't. with the outright lies and obfuscation we are exposed to today, it was the best we could hope for.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: notmyrealname

Was I at least correct that it wasn't a "debate"?

Comment was not personal and yes it was not a debate; more like a no-class reunion.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join