It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart's Goodbye

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Indeed, I needed some brain bleach after watching that hot mess of a "debate". I tried to laugh and view it as entertainment, but it became increasingly hard to do so when I realized those men really want to lead our country.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

but it became increasingly hard to do so when I realized those men really want to lead our country.

Right?!!!

It's some scary stuff.

Wow.
edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I'm looking now to see if there is a viewer-count for either of them; nothing that I found yet, but don't know where to look, really.

So - ATS - which did you watch (if either)? Did you watch both? A Fox news spectacle, or a Comedy Central special (arch-rivals, in case you didn't know).
Would be interesting to "poll" our members to see how many watched which, or both - cast your vote now!
(Or, "fess up", whatever you want to call it.)

For the record: I DID watch the debate highlights before watching the full episode of TDS.

We just got a great new tv installed and I know myself well enough to realize if I watched the debate I was going to throw something through the screen ...so I just stayed away.

Besides at this point, the GOP debates are like the Westminster Kennel Club broadcasts: Who tunes into the early rounds with all the yipping and yelping from weird breeds that don't stand a chance to make it to the finals anyway? When they get down to about four relatively sane candidates - I might be tempted to watch a debate then.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

the GOP debates are like the Westminster Kennel Club broadcasts: Who tunes into the early rounds with all the yipping and yelping from weird breeds that don't stand a chance to make it to the finals anyway? When they get down to about four relatively sane candidates - I might be tempted to watch a debate then.

This reminds me of Best In Show!!!

GREAT movie.

Yes, I agree with you.

Seventeen?!!!! Are you kidding me??? Hilarious.

edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I know right!?

I thought the "Best in Show" reference would be too obscure...shame on me.

lol

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

ea look how giddy Roger Ailes is that Stewart stepped down.

Wow, thanks for the link and info.

Sorry I didn't see it until right now.
But - Hell Yeah.

They're squirming, big time.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

What a bizarre window into Ailes mind and world. I could actually sort of feel sorry for him...
edit on 11-8-2015 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It really says something about the news in the country when the best source of news you can get is a satirical program that makes fun of real news... Jon, you will be missed.

Yeah. It may say that nothing is going on here but theater, for satirists and whomever can make use of it.
Though I admire and certainly enjoy Jon Stewart and will definitely miss him, it's my humble opinion none of this makes any difference whatsoever, and certainly doesn't inform about much that's real…..

But. That's just me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join