It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart's Goodbye

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: James1982

but he has just become nothing but a puppet of the left all the while claiming to be above all the BS.

No, he's not a puppet.

You mention Carlin, I've seen almost everything Carlin has even put on tape and nowhere did he ever behave the way Stewart does. Carlin was on another level. A real level. He called real BS on everything.

Just like Jon.

Stewart just makes funnies with democrats and then paints conservatives as vile beasts.

And "spot on" with both.

He is deep in the muck of politics, to the point it's effecting his brain.

No. Wrong. No star for you, sorry.

You're honestly going to tell me someone who isn't deep in the muck of politics is going to go around schmoozing with politicians? (of one side mainly)

Because personally I would be too disgusted by most all politicians on every side to be willing to give them a hand-shake, let alone share a meal or help with fundraising and/or promotion.

You prefer democrats/liberals, that's cool, John is your cheerleader. More honest than most cheerleaders but one nonetheless. Claiming he isn't is like saying Fox's "fair and balanced" slogan is accurate.

No need to apologize for not giving me a star I have more than I know what to do with (literally, what can you do with them?) Here, I'll even give you one!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Didn't watch either one.
2nd

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I always liked Jon, he was fair to Ron Paul when everybody was laughing at him, he is the type of guy who could be an ATS member, that was his overall tone

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Jon Stewart is my hero. I started watching your show at the age of 12, I am now 28. The daily show is the only show I watch on cable period! You have always brought a smile to every viewer, that is the most beautiful part about you. You have the ability to relate to Everyone at the same time, aswell as delivering the punch lines so perfectly.

I still remember getting my grandmother, of all people, hooked on your show before she passed away. It used to be our thing back in the day. I would go to her house and would watch the show with her and we would both be killing our selves from laughter. In a way, you have created some of my favorite memories from childhood. I know you will never see this on here but.. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I can not wait to see the new daily show host Trevor take the wheel. I have complete faith in him. I've been a fan of him sense before they announced it. This dude has the ability to keep the show moving in the same direction.

Take care Jon. Please don't let this be the end, START A YOUTUBE SHOW!! lol its just a thought.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Don't see what Fox has to do Jon Stewart but I'd rather watch Jeff Dunham over Stewart.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Don't see what Fox has to do Jon Stewart but I'd rather watch Jeff Dunham over Stewart.
Jeff Dunham is an unfunny racist.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Jeff Dunham is an unfunny racist.

Aaahhh Did Jeff hurt your feelings?

And no he's not racist.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Example 2: Stewart's not news.
Rebuttal: neither is fox...

Stewart's show = news. Fox, no.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It really says something about the news in the country when the best source of news you can get is a satirical program that makes fun of real news... Jon, you will be missed.

Or.....It says something about the society and the brainwashed sheep living in it.....Irony at it's best. Personally I am glad this progressive pipe dream pushing elitist is done reprogramming the masses. And before someone says the right is just as bad reprogramming the sheep......Yep that is correct.....Flip side of the same sad messed up coin.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Or.....It says something about the society and the brainwashed sheep living in it.....Irony at it's best.

Yeah! I know, right?!!

Jon Stewart brought reason, sense, and intelligent responses to the "brainwashed sheep"....
unfortunately, not many of them watched. They were too transfixed by Fox News.

You think that now that Jon is moving on, no one will bring up this stuff anymore?

Allow me to introduce you to Bernie Sanders.......

oh, you never heard of him? Google is your friend.

edit on 8/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
But who will give marching orders to the millennials who can't be bothered to think critically?

What about that stable of 31 writers? They have families to feed!

Lebowitz is just being selfish. Must be a Republican plant.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I love how you left out the part I wrote about FOX news pushing the same crap to brainwashed masses. Is it reason when you only push one side........Is it really sensible or is it being an idealist.

The reason you cannot see it is also idealism.....Your idealism matches his because you are also a progressive liberal....Right. That is why the crap he spewed spoke to you. It was what you wanted to hear. The leaders and news corps saying what you need not want to hear fall on deaf ears because the country is filled with idealists. I will say it again just so it clear.....FOX news is just as bad and pushing the same message with a slight twist for the ignorant masses to digest and repeat.
edit on 8-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have never watch the Daily Show.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Calm down, bro! You didn't like him. Got it.

edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Lot of trolls on here, but what are ya gonna do? Anyway, thanks for the post BuzzyWigs. The thing I liked about Jon was that he would always speak to anyone, even if he completely disagreed with them. I believe that's why he and O'Reilly get along. They were both willing to talk about the issues even when they were clearly neither going to change their minds. The problem as I see it is that most so called newscasters these days are extremely opinionated. A trait that used to be frowned upon. Jon made a living out of pointing out the bias on both sides of the fence. S&F.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackmoonJester

Jon made a living out of pointing out the bias on both sides of the fence. S&F.

Exactly.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
But who will give marching orders to the millennials who can't be bothered to think critically?

What about that stable of 31 writers? They have families to feed!

Lebowitz is just being selfish. Must be a Republican plant.

Before Jon announced his retirement from the show, he went to the network heads to ensure that every single employee of The Daily Show had a job after he left. That is partially why they already had Trevor Noah lined up to take over the desk as soon as Jon told everyone he was leaving. How many bosses do that?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Agreed. At first I didn't think he'd make it. Rolling Stone this week does a small article on Stewart, and in it they kind of explain what the turning point was for him. It wasn't 9/11 either. It was before that, but 9/11 was when he really hit it.

I was watching the Month of Zen Comedy Central was streaming and I noticed that the shift in the show's discourse happened late 2000 into 2001 with the energy crisis the US of A was facing and then 9/11 sort of solidified the change. Less and less of his guests were celebrities promoting their films and television shows,. Instead, there were more authors, politicians and commentators. It was especially fascinating watching some of his shows after the anthrax scare because as much as he wanted to be comedic about it, he also wanted to inform his audience and comfort them.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I watched both the "debate" (if you can call whatever the hell that was a debate) and Stewart's last show.

I had to watch Stewart to being my IQ back to normal after that...whatever the hell it was on Fox.

you're right...I felt my brain turning a little mushy watching the debates, so I flipped to another channel, and found myself saying "what the hell was that?....and the haze slowly cleared
edit on 9-8-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Right?

But, I guess only some of us are capable of getting it. I dunno.
*sigh*

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join