It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Marley. What is your favourite album, and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.

This one is my favourite at this moment in time because its the one I'm listening to right now.

What's your favourite Bob Marley album? And why does it stand out for you above the rest? If you don't have a top 1, perhaps you can name your top 3 or top 5... or top 10..

(It's okay if you dont have a favourite, you can just post whatever one you would most enjoy listening to right now)
edit on 7-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

I got Legend when it came out in 1984. Of course, it's a Greatest Hits album, so the songs are all good. But I LOVE it!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Uprising.

But they're all great in their own way.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is that the one that starts:

"Me no know how we and dem gonna work this out"

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I suppose if you put a gun to my head I'd probably say 'Legend'. But I don't actually have a favourite album, just favourite songs.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Is it possible to pick a favorite? Some are better than others, but they all are genius. If Bob were alive today the world would be a better place.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Nah.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I would never put a gun to your head unless it was absolutely neccessary...

Im just curious what albums people think stand out above the rest.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So what makes Uprising so special for you?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

All of them. Rocked to everyone played on Jock radio back in the pre internet…

top ten

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Haha I was hoping for a top ten list of some kind by the end of this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

So what makes Uprising so special for you?

It helped me during a difficult time...

It's also got some great work out tracks on it.

Plus, as far as conscious music goes...
It's up there with the best.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

All his albums were very strong. I really like the old Wailers material and his last album "Uprising" is very special to me.

The first thing that caught me was the song "Coming In From the Cold". Suddenly I heard his voice crying out "It is you I'm talking to" and "The biggest many you ever did see was just a baby".

Bob got me checking my own attitudes and becoming more conscious of how my behaviour affected others, "For every little action, there's a reaction". It made me become receptive not just to the Black People, but every kind of people.

Then I had to go through the reality of the fact that for all my openness, friendliness and reaching out of my arms others do not feel that way and I was taken advantage of for my gentleness. That in turn has led to a place of sanctuary away from people who cannot help but abuse anything gentle.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I would never put a gun to your head unless it was absolutely neccessary...

Well... fair enough brother. Quite positive I'd never put ya in a position of it being "absolutely necessary" though, lol.

Anyway....

just another track from the Legend album this thread inspired me to kick back to and turn up full blast @ 2am on Saturday morning.

Hope the neighbours like Bob Marley, lol.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can't pick one... so I'd say my favs are (Oh and Legend is NOT an album, it's a Greatest Hits/Best Of compilation and does not qualify, but then I've included Talkin Blues... so....er... Bite me)

Catch a Fire

Just a great album... Killer opener in Concrete Jungle and also has Stop That Train, Stir it Up, Kinky Reggae and one of my fav and little known Marley tracks....High Tide or Low Tide

Exodus

Just an album of all KILLER and NO filler.

Another amazing opener in Natural Mystic that just builds slowly and also another fav of mine in So Much things to Say (just a great song) and it also has the well know hits Exodus, Jammin, Waiting in Vain, Turn Your Lights Down Low, Three Little Birds and One Love/People Get Ready.

I mean seriously..... what an album.

Kaya

Was the first Bob album I ever bought.. and I'll always love it.
Is This Love, Sun is Shining, Satisfy My soul, Crisis.... not as many hits but some seriously great songs.

And last but not least

Talkin' Blues

It's a "live" album with live studio recordings/radio performances from a couple of different sessions in the mid 70's and some of the versions are slightly different than the album version... plus you have Bob talking between every track and it's great to hear his thoughts and views.

Get up Stand Up is a fav from this album, such a rockin version...Kinky Reggae too, some great riffs in that, Slave Driver is another that sounds fantastic...Also I Shot the Sheriff as Bob sounds great on that.
Also Rastaman Chant... just awesome.
And the very sweet Am a do

If you don't have this album,it's definitely worth getting.

edit on 7/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes in that respect he was quite consciousness expanding.

And it's true about the abuse gentle people get in this viscious world. Sorry to hear about the hard times your going through brother.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Natural mystic, because it's blowing through the air. It always gets me feeling groovy.

new topics

top topics

join