It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Diablo 3 Patch 2.3.0

page: 1

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:38 AM
Blizzard is set to release the 2.3.0 Patch for Diablo 3 and with it comes plenty of changes, a major new item, and new content!

Here's a run down of some of the changes they are making:

Level of play changes!

They are adding new levels of hardness to play! When the patch comes through you will have Torment level 7-10 added!

Crafting Materials are changing!
They are getting rid of the lower tiered crafting materials and instead all players from level 1 on up will be getting the same crafting materials as those we start getting from level 61 on up. So no more Common Debris, Exquisite Essences, Iridescent Tears, Demonic Essences, and Fiery Brimstones. Let's face it, unless you create a new character to play, you didn't have a need for these materials anymore.

They are also balancing some of the requirements for crafting. For example, some bracers would require 72 Arcane Dust (a huge amount), but you'll find that number lowered now.

Materials needed before:

After Patch 2.3.0:

You'll also not need Forgotten Souls for crafting Legendary items anymore, nor will you get them when recycling those items. Instead, you'll need Act Specific crafting materials to make these now.

Playing Adventure Mode, they are changing up the rewards you get when completing bounties. You will no longer get (or need) Rift Stone Fragments, as they will no longer be required to open up a nephilum rift. Instead, anyone level 1 on up can open up a rift, no stones required.
This was the main incentive to do bounties, but with the crafting materials changed to where you need Act Specific materials, doing bounties is how you'll get them now!

They're changing the Great Rifts (or Grifts) too! There will no longer be a Realm of Trials. There will be a Universal Key Stone used to access any level of Grift.

Infernal Machine Portals

Okay, how many of you out there are like me, grinding away to get the materials required to make the Hellfire Amulet or Hellfire Ring? Going out over and over again to fight the Key Wardens hoping they drop the 4 keys needed to make one of the portals, and then having to do the portals over and over again because the Uber Boss doesn't drop the needed material?

It can certainly burn you out quick, even when working with a group.

They've changed it! Now, instead of the Key Wardens dropping a key (you hope), they instead will drop the actual Infernal Machine portal device!

So no more grinding for'll be grinding for portals!

It's also guaranteed now that when you do make a Hellfire Amulet, it will always be socketed.

New Content: they are adding a new place to visit in Act 3 called The Ruins Of Sescheron, where we'll be finding a new item: Kanai's Cube.

Kanai's Cube is suppose to be a more powerful version of the Horadric Cube from Diablo 2. You can read all about it here in this link. There's a whole back story to it.

Main thrust of what it can do is: extract a Legendary power from a Legendary item! It will also allow you to reforge a Legendary item!

You can read more about the patch in this link here.

So when is the release of the patch? Good question! Right now the earliest release date for it is August 18th. First Season 3 will be ending, and then the patch will be put out. About 2 weeks after the patch is put out they will be starting up Season 4.

Here is also a more detailed list of the Patch Notes

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:16 AM
I have to pop that game back in, I have it for the 360 and haven't played it in a long time.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
a reply to: eriktheawful

Wow, that is a lot of cool changes!

I like how Diablo 3's patches seem to really add to the game,
not just some cheesy little security patch.

I have not played in a while, have it on xb1,
but got bored with it and got sucked into a different game,
which I am getting bored of
Might have to go back and play some d3 again.

I be a gaming yoyo!!

edit on 7-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
a reply to: eriktheawful

Sweet, thanks for the heads up OP. I need to get off my console and start playing my PC more and this should be all the encouragement I need.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
Patch 2.3.0 went live today for North America......

I'll be lost somewhere in Diablo 3

new topics