It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Pissed at Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You may well be right...but he hasn't already screwed over the American people.

Sorry but outsourcing jobs overseas that can be done here in the state does screw over the American people.

You don't know what he will do.

You just have to look at his past to see what he will do. He will lie through his teeth to get what he wants and then stab you in the back first chance he gets.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Thanks for the reply.
Given the choice of voting for the best of a bad bunch or not voting I choose not voting , or at least spoiling the ballot paper so the vote won't count.
I chose not to vote in our recent election because I couldn't in all good conscience vote for any of them as none reflected my views , some see that as a cop out but I believe choosing a leader requires you to believe and trust what they say and promise.

Ballot papers should come with a none of the above option so people like myself can register our displeasure at the system and stale choices offered.

How do you know when a politician is lying , his lips move of course.

I've started very few threads here on ATS, but one of them was titled "None Of The Above" during the last election. A vote for the lesser of 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5) evils is still a vote for evil. The ONLY way the American people can make a statement regarding our dissatisfaction with the pool of nominees we are given to vote for is by not showing up at the polls. A significant drop in voting numbers would indicate that we are sick and tired of the 2 party system and the garbage in which we are given to choose the leader of our country.

They are banking on our stupidity every 4 years. And every 4 years we allow them to fool us again and again and again.

I can't recall at the moment which country it was, but they do have a "none of the above" option on the ballot. And if "none of the above" wins the election, an entire new group of candidates must be given. Now that would give the power back to the citizens, where it should be.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He will lie through his teeth to get what he wants and then stab you in the back first chance he gets.

So, in other words he is no different than any of these career politicians. Well hell, may as well give him a shot.
edit on 8/7/2015 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If anyone is seriously thinking about backing up that assh*le Trump, i suggest you look into how he treated the people who were against his monstrosity of a golf course in Scotland. Shocking. Despicable. Dirty.

The man is slime through and through.
edit on 7-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
If anyone is seriously thinking about backing up that assh*le Trump, i suggest you look into how he treated the people who were against his monstrosity of a golf course in Scotland. Shocking. Despicable. Dirty.

The man is slime through and through.

He is a cut-throat business man. If he ran the country like one of his businesses, would that not be a good thing?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: reldra

Where do you get the idea that Trump 'will do what we tell him to do'? He is not that kind of guy. He could never be President, it's just a big show for him.

As for FOX news, they usually look foolish enough, they know they need to be somewhat realistic about Trump.

I don't know Trump will make good on his words. I know the left don't support many of my views and I'm severely questioning the GOP now. Sometimes...you have to make the best choice, from a pool of bad choices. But today...right now...I would have to give my vote to Trump. If for nothing more than his words. Everyone else has either said or shown that they won't do what people like me want done. Hell...they aren't even pretending they will.

Trump will absolutely NOT make good on his words. He is a cut-throat business man, first and foremost. He will tell you any and everything you want to hear to get what he wants and soon as he has it will cut you down with out a flinch. He sure as heck didn't get to where he is today without F'ing over many of folks along the way and you can bet he will bring that mentality right with him into the oval office and the People will become enemy number one in his never ending pursuit of that green piece of paper.

Trump and people like Trump is whats killing this nation. Bleeding it dry to line their own pockets.

You may well be right...but he hasn't already screwed over the American people. Everyone else has. Both parties. If you've got three snarling dogs looking at you and you must feed one...and two have bitten your hand before, you take your chance with the third. I want what most "republicans" want with a bit of libertarian.

PS: You don't know what he will do. You believe he will not make good on his words. The others have already proven they won't keep their words.

I get what your saying and where you are coming from I do buuuuuut I think the real solution is just to put all 3 snarling dogs down in the name of protecting the neighborhood. Catch my drift?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I stopped watching Fox years ago, I think it was when I'd finally had enough of O'Reilly and his post-911 apocalyptic arrogant psycho-ranting. The female reporters are pretty and I miss them (especially with the volume down) but all the other male reporters were giving me a headache - especially Bert and Ernie (Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy) - it was like watching the teletubbies towards the end there.

Trump, in my opinion, would not be my candidate of choice to run The United States of America beyond 2016. He may be a shrewd businessman but that will not necessarily make him a good POTUS and a good representative of the people on the global stage. A good POTUS does not lack empathy and again, imo, Trump lacks it, among other traits like compassion and trustworthiness.

If I was King of the world, all politicians would be replaced by Robots first thing Monday morning - no exceptions - Federal through to local. That will bring MASSIVE tax relief to the entire country...Monday afternoon. They do nothing positive to contribute to society.

If the next POTUS comes from either the red or the blue corner, nothing will change.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'm British so please forgive my confusion but why would anyone pledge their support to a candidate who to me seems like a figurehead for corporate America , you want someone who is part of the problem to be the answer ?
a reply to: gortex

My sentiments exactly and I'm a U.S. citizen! People like you who live outside the U.S. have a better perspective on how corporate America control's our government rather than our own citizens. Trump is a major part of the problem with our system of government. He's part of corporate and special interest groups who use their wealth to buy political favors that only benefit the rich.

Now we have voters in this country who want to elect a multi-billionaire to be president who has given millions of dollars to politicians for his own selfish reasons. (He even boldly said this in the debates!) Sometimes I think a majority of American voters are swayed more by the celebrity and shock value of a candidate rather than what he or she can do for the majority of hardworking Americans. Half the time Trumps debate responses didn't even address the questions. He's very condescending, boisterous and lacks substance with his answers. Anyone can stand up there and say I will do this and that, but HOW are you going to do it??

I think the question about his past comments about women was a legitimate question. That speaks volumes about his character and his perspective on women. Do we really want a president who's going to be condescending and argumentative when negotiating with other countries? Billionaires and millionaires are so far removed from the average American's everyday struggles, to think they could relate to us is really ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

While I appreciate that Trump is not a politician, speaks his mind, and could care less about PC talk (these are his good points) I think he would be a joke of a President. He is not Presidential material, he would be an embarrassment as President.

He is making some good points about how change is needed, but his style of change, as exhibited by his immature behavior, is not what we need.

I agree that Fox did, apparently, set him up with the "support" the ultimate Republican Nominee question. I have to give kudos to Trump for being honest... but his off the cuff behavior will prevent him from ever being nominated, let alone beating the Democrat Nominee. Trump stands as much chance of ultimately becoming president as I do.

I thought that Huckabee did quite well and looked Presidential while doing it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Trump is a maverick that is speaking like the common (non-progressive) person. Adjust your parameters to the reality that the GOP is a false front that likes to give the appearance of giving a good fight for the old values, but it is actually only playing the shallow part of keeping up the appearance of being a significant second party. (All you need to do to verify that is look as what the Reps have NOT done since winning the house...virtually nothing but talk.)

I'm betting that Trump will attempt to be an independent. He won't win, of course. His deflection will take millions with him and insure the liberals continue their steamrolling over the old America. Is that good or bad for America? I'm not at liberty to say, the whole issue goes far beyond politics.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Neither has Obama. He was nothing but a short time Senator, with no real experience in anything other than being a community organizer.
He was elected twice.
Trump understands business, has countless overseas contacts and if we're all correct in our thinking, that's where the actual decisions are made, in the boardroom, not the White House, so if he can bring that savvy to the position, he can't do worse than Obama.
edit on 7-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

edit on 7-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You just have to look at his past to see what he will do. He will lie through his teeth to get what he wants and then stab you in the back first chance he gets.

You mean exactly like the current administration?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why are you pissed at Fox?

That's what I was going to ask. FOX has ALWAYS supported the GOP no matter what. There's NOTHING wrong with the question they asked Trump and his supporters LOVED it. They asked tough questions to most of the candidates.

I was pretty impressed with the moderators, in fact. Considering my political leanings, that's saying a lot.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I don't understand Why people are bitching about this debate. They actually asked these guys some tough questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Donald Trump cannot take criticism, or tolerate frustration. Imagine what would happen the first time a significant world leader, like Putin, insulted him. He is defensive to a fault, and doesn't' know when to stop to win an argument -- in fact he thrives on encouraging conflict to escalate.

As for Fox News --- wake up and smell the propaganda. It's how they roll.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So you watch a network that repeatedly lies, spreads miss information?

That's your fist mistake there lol

What would you expect from them in the first place. All fox cares about is ratings, not content. So of course they went and chose to use a poll that would fit their agenda. That is why they put all the crazy idiots on the prime time debate and all the half ass sane people in the kids table debate.

In the end it's all about Bernie Sanders. He is the only politician running that has remained true to his word for his whole career. Don't trust republicans, they are ALL IDIOTS.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Neither has Obama. He was nothing but a short time Senator, with no real experience in anything other than being a community organizer.
He was elected twice.
Trump understands business, has countless overseas contacts and if we're all correct in our thinking, that's where the actual decisions are made, in the boardroom, not the White House, so if he can bring that savvy to the position, he can't do worse than Obama.

If he understands business... then why do his corporations go bankrupt?

He will either end the USA by means of war or economically.

It would be worse then when George W. Bush.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: buster2010

You mean exactly like the current administration?

Man alive you Obama haters are tiresome

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

he hasn't already screwed over the American people

His corps have filed bankruptcy. He spoke of this last night during that debacle that was called a "debate".
Who ultimately pays the price for his "playing the game"?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm not thinking that fox 'reflect's' your views so much as you 'reflect' fox' views.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join