It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000 Year Old Mysterious Message Found in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A mysterious message has been found in an underground cave which turned out to house the remains of a Jewish ritual bath. Source

According to a Wednesday report by Discovery News, the bath was first uncovered by a group of workers who were doing construction work on a nursery near the city. What they found was a large room with plaster walls covered in symbols and inscriptions, many written in the ancient language of Aramaic, and the cursive script of Hebrew. Most of the text was written with mud, soot or carvings on the wall, and appears to date back to the Second Temple period. “Such a concentration of inscriptions and symbols from the Second Temple period at one archaeological site, and in such a state of preservation, is rare and unique and most intriguing,” said Alexander Wiegmann and Royee Greenwald, executive directors at the Israel Antiquities Authority.

The Second Temple period is an era that spans the 600 years between 530 B.C.E. and the destruction of the second Jewish Temple in 70 C.E. Currently scientists are unsure what the inscriptions mean, but they can identify depictions of a boat, a variety of plants, and what could be the Jewish menorah. It’s this picture of a seven-branched candelabrum that has archaeologists most excited about the find, because depictions of the holy object are rare. “In those days they abstained from portraying this sacred object which was located in the Temple,” said researchers.

Although looking at the message it doesn't really look like it is saying anything, could just be art from what I can tell. Either way, I'll be keeping my eye on this to see if anyone finally deciphers it. Wonder what it means.
edit on 6-8-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
A mysterious message has been found in an underground cave which turned out to house the remains of a Jewish ritual bath.

I doubt simple pics of boats and palm trees are Mysterious. Probably just one of Jesus' kids found a good spot to doodle....in a bath house.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Tucket because: manners

new topics

join