It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official ATS GOP debate discussion

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think we should vote trump in, what the heck the country's bankrupt and he does have a lot of experience in that area.

didn't see anyone worth voting for, although I didn't watch the whole thing. Really didn't need to hears how horrible obama's been running the country, kind of knew that much. but well, the thing I found impressive was paul's idea that you don't borrow money to give to other countries. (and when we print money, we are borrowing it from the fed).

and well, any of them that came out against abortion and expressed a desire to defund planned parenthood (because ya know, life is sacred) just to turn around and start talking about how we need to build up our military (because well, ya know, Isreal needs it's capital in Jerusalem and China and Russia are hacking our computers, and Iran is just a bad place....)
just aren't getting my votes. if you're willing to bomb entire cities to protect your freedom and way of life and FEAR that this country or that might try to destroy it, well you have no business denying a women to act in like manner when she FEARS that a pregnancy might destroy her freedom, her way of life, her life!

M_I_C_K_E_Y M_O_U_S_E, vote for him, he has the magic wand and with one wave can make all our problems disappear!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
If I had to choose one out of the top 10, it would be Paul followed by Kasick.

Didn't see the previous debate so can't speak to them.

I didn't like Kasich going into the debate. Based on how he handled himself there I'm willing to give him another shot.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well it was very obvious that neither host liked Trump and in a couple of questions their facial expression turned to disgust when asking trump a question,lol.

The Megan Crappy show afterwards was blatantly staged and anti trump. They asked the supposed trump fans if they still liked Trump after that debate and more than 90% of them said no that trump disgusted them after this debate. Yeah, how likely is the fan of any candidate to jump ship on their candidate on one debate. Sorry not going to happen in reality that was just why over the top scripting.

I don't like trump nor do I think he will make a good president but that was beyond scripted and controlled to destroy trump.

Carson and Paul appeared to me the only candidates that might be worth anything.
Also just about every Republican friend that I talked to liked Carson but come 2016 it will still be a Clinton and Bush run part 2 with their 100 Million plus already raised.
edit on 38831America/ChicagoThu, 06 Aug 2015 22:38:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: buni11687
Well that was interesting. If I had to pick who I thought did good, it would probably be between 3 guys.

Paul, Carson, and Kasick. (just in the debate itself)

I had the same thought. Those are the ones that made a decent impression on me.

My 75 YO mother thinks Rand is an ass, not sure he made any points with the boomer generation.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
He fully understands. Listen to the applause at the end. It gets cut off, but there are other clips where it isn't and it is pretty loud.

edit on 6-8-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
DRUDGE Poll:

BUSH 2.87% (2,703 votes)

CARSON 9.22% (8,692 votes)

CHRISTIE 1.32% (1,246 votes)

CRUZ 12.31% (11,606 votes)

HUCKABEE 2.39% (2,249 votes)

KASICH 4.98% (4,692 votes)

PAUL 12.14% (11,438 votes)

RUBIO 7.72% (7,274 votes)

TRUMP 41.36% (38,976 votes)

WALKER 5.69% (5,370 votes)

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Fiorina/Carson or Carson/Fiorina would be my favorite ticket.

Um, no.

If her first goal is to call her Bibi so she say how much she loves him and supports him, she's last in line. We have enough politicians rubbing his sausage as it is, and certainly don't need that to be our president's #1 priority.

To hell with her.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Has anybody know if its been uploaded yet? I've been on planes all day and missed the live stream.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm more of a Trump fan after the whole debate. After seeing how he was treated during and after shows that people are scared. If the media esp fox is trying to run him off the road then that is someone who I can get behind and anyone there trying to push is some other candidate I wouldn't be voting for!
edit on 610America/Chicagopm31America/Chicago065 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ketsuko

Based on your own thoughts.

I think all organized religion has no place in this world.

We should be at most agnostic.

But to sit there and praise a God and talk about bringing god back into our nation and living under his rules, how is that not akin to Sharia Law?

Here's my last post on the matter of faith inspired policy decision. You are inconsistent.

A few pages back, Carson was talking his tax policy, and posters jumped all over it because it was faith inspired. The truth of the matter is that faith had nothing to do with your dislike. You simply dislike any tax policy that is perceived as being a tax cut that doesn't stick it to The Man by being confiscatory to those at the very top (i.e. progressive) to allow for tax and spend social policy. The reason I know this is the main objection is because the other candidates who espoused similar plans were likewise jeered at. With Carson, you pulled out the religion card because he mentioned his inspiration. But the true objection was something else.

However, when Kasich was questioned for his inspiration to expand Medicaid under the ACA, he likewise used faith as his inspiration for the move. I heard no one getting angry at him for that move. Why not? If using faith for making a policy based decision is wrong, then it's always wrong even when it is used to justify or inspire a policy you agree with.

Right?

If not, then it's just a convenient excuse.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Scripted? Uh, no. Not staged.

Trump is his own worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 6-8-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fox news pushing Rubio and Huckabee,

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Wasn't that the was Luntz focus group?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Fox news pushing Rubio and Huckabee,

Rubio destroyed himself with giving citizenship to the unborn. Once that gets talked about in conjunction with imigration h is done.

Huckabee, no need to go into that.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
I'm more of a Trump fan after the whole debate. After seeing how he was treated during and after shows that people are scared. If the media esp fox is trying to run him off the road then that is someone who I can get behind and anyone there trying to push is some other candidate I wouldn't be voting for!

Did you ever think that Trump was driving that car?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: interupt42

Scripted? Uh, no. Not staged.

Trump is his own worst enemy.

If you go look at the polls trump is on top again. Like I said, I don't like the guy but foxnews clearly had an agenda to destroy the Donald regardless how well he came across. They are doing a Ron Paul on the Donald not that the Donald is worthy of being placed on the same sentence as Ron Paul , but none the less: that was the obvious treatment they planned on giving him.

It was a smear campaign during the debate and on the after shows despite the polls and how he came across to the people. Heck I thought he was going to fumble like a kid with grease on his hands but he actually did better than I thought and held himself. Now do I think he will make a good president no, but the fact that the media and the GOP despise him is oddly appealing.

edit on 03831America/ChicagoThu, 06 Aug 2015 23:03:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I thought Christie did quite well from what I heard of him (for a Republican), I'm surprised no one voted for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Luntz voter reaction forum now saying Trump lost their support.

Yeah, many on that panel are against Trump.

I thought Trump was a bit exposed myself.

I thought Rubio and Paul did the best with Walker coming around third.

I would have liked to see Fiorina on that stage.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Doesn't matter, he is not what TPTB want and that's good enough for me. You guys could keep towing that line with your media picked established candidates.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join