It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official ATS GOP debate discussion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Drudge Report poll has Trump winning with over 51%.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Ok, Paul just hit it home.

You have to negotiate with a strong position, but not fully step away from negotiations.

Here's the problem, you can't always negotiate from a position of strength. One party is always going to be weaker. In this case Russia, China, and the EU all wanted to make a deal. The sanctions they're assisting us with are going away. We can't double down on sanctions like they ask, instead Iran is losing sanctions no matter what. Additionally, we will be diplomatically isolated if we don't sign on to a deal. Lets say we stay out of the negotiations and we push for war with Iran, the EU and others will stay with their diplomatic deal and not assist us. It would be the US and Israel going it alone and we really need some of Europes bases and airspace to run a cost effective war.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No matter what you think of Iran. We got a bad deal.

How so???

If they comply we win peace for a decade.

If they don't then we just go back to where we were before the treaty, but now have a clear justification to launch an offensive against them.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No matter what you think of Iran. We got a bad deal.

Any deals a bad deal. The neo cons itch for war, regardless, to them all roads lead there.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Some one said we didn't get any hostages back in the Iran deal this time. Guess it is because we didn't give them weapons this time.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Drudge Report poll has Trump winning with over 51%.

how the EFF does that compute?

That doesnt even make sense!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Megyn Kelly asking Trump when he actually became a republican.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think its disgusting you need to be a paid subscriber to see the debate for the Presidential candidates.

and by FOX no less...

Is it because they don't want the majority of people seeing how phony and immature the candidates are?

FOX NEWS your Republican propaganda mouth piece.

link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I dont think that was Pauls point

link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Megyn Kelly asking Trump when he actually became a republican.

And he still doesn't know.

link   
Trump Dodged like hell on that one

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Check it out at drudgereport.com I guess people feel differently than you do. Paul is a distant 2nd at 11.8%.

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

cause he tells it like it is maybe?

TRUMP:

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I’ve been challenged by so many people and to be honest with you, I don’t, frankly, have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.

““Our leaders are stupid, our politicians are stupid, and the Mexican government is much smarter, much sharper, much more cunning, and they send the bad ones over because they don’t want to pay for them, they don’t want to take care of them,” he said.

edit on pm929318062015-08-06T21:29:40-05:00092015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Some one said we didn't get any hostages back in the Iran deal this time. Guess it is because we didn't give them weapons this time.

It's because it conflates the issues. Negotiations are best kept narrow. We would be creating a higher chance of Iran developing a weapon in order to get those hostages back because we would be giving away something else. That would be a bad deal.

link   
I wonder if Bush called Trump all those names.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I think its disgusting you need to be a paid subscriber to see the debate for the Presidential candidates.

and by FOX no less...

Is it because they don't want the majority of people seeing how phony and immature the candidates are?

Thanks for the off topic hateful rant...........

YOu do know your liberal constituents are watching right now as well on this thread

Why so hateful

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

considering you havent been watching the Debate and what hes said so far......

Id say youre vastly unprepared to comment on my remarks

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Aazadan

I dont think that was Pauls point

His point was that we needed to only negotiate if we were the stronger party. That situation isn't going to happen though, we had no choice in this situation other than to negotiate.

link   
Ha...Trump and Bush kissed and made up.

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

and by FOX no less...

Remember that when cnn hosts debates

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join