It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official ATS GOP debate discussion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Trump just admitted he can be bought!

Yes he did.

Good catch.

I am not on his side, but what he actually admitted is that as a business man, he pays for political favors. AND he said that was wrong. So, I agreed with him on that point.

But he admitted that he still takes advantage of it.

nono lol he HAPPILY agreed that he does it lol

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

You are doing a good job tho!

Thought tbh, I think the links have made the rounds and most of use have it live.

So don't feel to pressured!

link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Jeb Bush talking about education and common core. Says it's state responsibility. Statewide voucher programs and school choice.

Marco Rubio talking about problems with common core.

Yeah, but he forgets Texas wants to teach that evolution is a myth and Moses was a founding father.lol

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I feel vindicated in less than an hour on everything ive said about Trump

Including his meltdown as soon as it came to debates

I would have to agree, you called this one from a mile off.

I just hope the 20 some odd percent are seeing his true colors.

Im with yoiu on this........we need Rand and Bernie.......for the love of god (or whoever you do or do not believe in) its the only way out of this mess

link   

Government taxation based on tithing?

OK.........

A 10% Flat Tax Rate is what Carson said he advocates. One has to listen beyond the first several words.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I'm also concerned that one of the candidates said that the states must meet the demands of the Fed on education. What makes that different than what's happening now?

That didnt make sense to me either actually

I have to say im glad to see that there are quite a few people from all walks on this thread watching this

What im more disappointed about is that there arent as many of my conservative constituents replying on this thread .....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I don't know, as an outsider so far trump is trump and the Rubio guy seems more presidential/ polished than any of them. Whatever would vote for any of the clowns on either side. Put them all in jail

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Rand is impressing me in this, surprisingly so is Rubio.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

OK.........

A 10% Flat Tax Rate is what Carson said he advocates. One has to listen beyond the first several words.

Anyone who bases their policy on their religion knows nothing about the foundation of this government.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

But it is still that he is basing that on a religious principle.

So either it is pandering or going down a road we don't like our politicians to take.

Laws based out of religion is not the way to go.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lots of rhetoric, candidates not staying on subject.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hiliary is the epitome of progressives?!

Excuse me while I get these laughs out.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Rand is impressing me in this, surprisingly so is Rubio.

Ya Rand is genuine, with a plan..and a history of holding to his word

Im kind of surprised by Rubio at this point to be honest

I kind of feel bad for Carson lol, I wish they would let Trump answer more so everyone can see EXACTLY who he is a little more

link   
Carson is not an idiot, but is so far out of his known realm.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Carson just hit Hillary beautifully!

link   

I'm also concerned that one of the candidates said that the states must meet the demands of the Fed on education. What makes that different than what's happening now?

The fed hasn't had many demands. There is a HUGE gap between the best and worst states education wise and the minimum standards are almost non existent. Common Core is the second attempt at trying to bring schools up after No Child Left Behind failed.

Here's the problem with attacking CC though, it won't be until Dec 2016 that we have the PISA tests graded to actually determine if it's working at all right now. Only 3 states submitted to PISA last time, 2 of the 3 were in the top 10 in the world while the other, Florida was below third world countries.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I kind of feel bad for Carson lol, I wish they would let Trump answer more so everyone can see EXACTLY who he is a little more

I think Trump has done a great job of letting people know who he is. Lets give some other candidates time.

link   
Ben Carson nailed it on Hillary and her ilk.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

OK.........

Anyone who bases their policy on their religion knows nothing about the foundation of this government.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Yep, nothing at all about gods or deities in there ...

Just because someone uses faith for inspiration doesn't mean the policy is automatically is bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

OK.........

Its pandering, and as a christian it rings hollow for me.......religion is important , but whats more imporant is that its not part of policy....

Morality on the other hand I suppose could be argued, but ......again thats subjective I suppose.....

But our founding fathers separated religion and state for a reason

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join