It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA releases new pics and video of ceres bright spots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't see any alien cities...Imagine that...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: OneNationUnder
Why do they always give us the black and white photos?

To think they only have black n white photos in this day and age is a direct insult to us
and shows they are still controlling, as much as they can, which is whatever they want basically, any and all information passed down to us.

And let's not forget the quality. Time was taking MUCH better photos than these back in the 1920's and video was in color on D-Day and bit before.

For NASA always to release these types of photos is unacceptable.
Do people not realize that photographs are not really science? The vast majority of what happens on board a space probe orbiting another world is not data from the visible spectrum. Photos are nice to look at, but they are not what scientists use to study the composition of the surface. Spectrographic data is far more valuable, and far less interesting to look at.

Speak for yourself

Spectrograph data is were the Jucy fun bits are!
edit on 7-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
So they still don't know what the bright spots are?
Think I'll wait until Dawn gets closer, what ever they tell us will be bull# anyway.

If you really want to know watch this:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: OneNationUnder
Why do they always give us the black and white photos?

To think they only have black n white photos in this day and age is a direct insult to us
and shows they are still controlling, as much as they can, which is whatever they want basically, any and all information passed down to us.

And let's not forget the quality. Time was taking MUCH better photos than these back in the 1920's and video was in color on D-Day and bit before.

For NASA always to release these types of photos is unacceptable.
Do people not realize that photographs are not really science? The vast majority of what happens on board a space probe orbiting another world is not data from the visible spectrum. Photos are nice to look at, but they are not what scientists use to study the composition of the surface. Spectrographic data is far more valuable, and far less interesting to look at.

Speak for yourself

Spectrograph data is were the Jucy fun bits are!
There was an implicit "for the lay person" in there. I'm actually into spectroscopy myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't see any alien cities...Imagine that...

Another snarky comment from ATD, imagine that.
Welcome back.
edit on 7-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This website claims if you change the contrasts on the image a bit you get this:

Source

I don't know about a city, but it looks like some kind of outpost. Probably human.

Of course attack the messenger and don't look at the message.

PS bananashooter - sent you a message
edit on 7-8-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The vid was nice, but it was made with images with resolution not much better than what we've seen before; i.e. still not adequate to resolve the spots. I'm patient.

Now if you want to see something really cool right now, go look at the OP again. Notice that he posted the video just above a still of the "pyramid". On your computer, scroll to the point where you can see the whole video window just above the whole pyramid picture. Now play the video without going full-screen. After watching the vid pan around the crater for 10-15 seconds, glance down at the still image: The pyramid seems to be rotating in the opposite direction!

edit on 7-8-2015 by Saint Exupery because: The formatting software had trouble with the word "window". Go figure.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

What is the message? That digitally manipulating pixelated, low resolution images can fine tune your mind's pareidolia response? Old news.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

What is the message? That digitally manipulating pixelated, low resolution images can fine tune your mind's pareidolia response? Old news.

Whats wrong with that? I mean its fun to dream, isn't it? But I guess we could just look at the definition of pareidolia again, just in case we all forgot.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Well either pareidolia is rampant on this site............or there is much truth being uncovered. I'll go for the latter as I personally don't trust most government agencies.........but if you're fine with swallowing everything you are told that is your right.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
if I was jaded I'd say Nasa sanitizes Ceres
and then explains how we should all be facinated by
their mundane prosaic answers for everything.

good thing I'm not jaded...

edit on 7-8-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: decidedly not jaded

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I saw some white pigeon droppings on the asphalt today, which reminded me of these mysterious spots on Ceres. Perhaps the spots on Ceres were left by a gigantic space pigeon. Remember, kids, anything is possible. Including gigantic space pigeons which NASA are so carefully hiding from us.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This website claims if you change the contrasts on the image a bit you get this:

Looks like more than a bit.

I don't know about a city, but it looks like some kind of outpost. Probably human.

Looking at a pic like that only does one thing...hurt the eyes.

Human no, Alien no...empty planet with nothing on it, yes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Anyone who thinks NASA would let the public see the cities/alien base before it airbrushed them out of the photos is rather naive.

I'm not saying, of course, that happened here.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Anyone who thinks NASA would let the public see the cities/alien base before it airbrushed them out of the photos is rather naive.

Why?

I say anyone who thinks NASA will try to hide any signs of extraterrestrial life from their images is rather naive. Wanna argue that?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
Well either pareidolia is rampant on this site............

This is by many orders of magnitude the most likely explanation.

but if you're fine with swallowing everything you are told that is your right.

I "swallow" evidence, sound logic and critical thought and I encourage you to do the same.
edit on 9-8-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

They didn't spend millions of dollars and years of work to produce a bunch of pretty pictures.

Strictly speaking 'THEY' didn't spend a dime...the people did. Ironically, the very same people who'd like to see those pretty pictures you mention.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join