It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Make Disgusting Fake Memorial Mocking the Killing of Michael Brown by Darren Wilson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well they are not Michale Brown so you tell me what that makes them.

Those both came out as stories when this was all going down.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler

What are you critically thinking now?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Am just gonna say I've literally never once heard of this page. Granted I'm not what you would call "active" on social media, but I do belong to a few LE oriented pages and I've never once heard of this page, nor heard/seen anybody talking about or posting on it.

Not to say it couldn't have gotten shut down but...if they were willing to post a picture like that and then defend it, I don't think it's very likely that they would shut it down voluntarily. And there's really no way to know that it was run by cops, either. My understanding is pretty much anybody can create a page on Facebook about just about anything, can't they?

If true, pretty pathetic and tasteless and divisive of them. If fake, the same adjectives apply.

ETA - I'm not sure how the other member couldn't find it. I just found it (shows how social media ignorant I am). The page is still up. 152,000 people like the page. It's the first thing that pops up if you search for police officers. The picture is posted on the page. And I'm disgusted.

When you search Facebook for 'Police Officers" among the couple thousand results, you will get about 8 different pages that call themselves just "Police Officers". Some are about a specific town, yet left that out of the title. One sells Police Lives Matters clothing. One is about general police pride. After I found about 8 of that exact title, I stopped looking.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

I say it's pretty evident all this will end in the nationalization of the police force. People will scream for, the feds will "help" by "bowing" to the "will of the people" and as usual, people won't like what they get.

Wake Up!
The Police have already been "Nationalized" via being showered with surplus Military Gifts.
I would like to see our police forces cut off from the Feds and go back to serving the people in their local communities.

link   
Disgusting whoever did it.

link   
Someone's deliberately trying to cause trouble. To keep us fighting each other. Scared of each other. Hating each other. There's no good reason for this... no good can come of it. Even for the worst thug cops who like being ugly and despicable and reprehensible. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

In my kinda sorta humble opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Very first result for me so....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes the girl who responded is clearly as gullible as anyone who believes this is a real post from any fraternal Police organization, or in on it. This one is so far behind the curve of legitimacy it should immediately go into the hoax bin. This is ignorance, not denying it.

That wasn't what I was saying. I was responding to the suggestion of it being a created image and not a snapshot of FB. Of course the account that posted it could have been a troll account, I wasn't disputing that.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Not to be the dick here, but that pretty much sums it up. I don't get why people have to be all PC about an incident.

Is there anything incorrect about the statement made on the sign?

Sure it's distasteful, but no need to make a big stink over it. Plenty of people on many different subjects have done worse....and gasp, should I even mention all the rappers that talk about killing whitey and the cops?

Who cares...Brown was a thug and died like one....

Because the cops should not be gloating about killing someone. Sometimes a gun needs to be fired, but a goal of policing is supposed to be a non violent resolution so that the person makes it to trial and can be judged and if necessary punished. Shooting a gun represents a failure of the police. Gloating about killing a thug is bragging that they can't adequately do their jobs.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Some body clearly wants a war on the police it seems. If this kind of stuff keeps happening then it's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Not to be the dick here, but that pretty much sums it up. I don't get why people have to be all PC about an incident.

Is there anything incorrect about the statement made on the sign?

Sure it's distasteful, but no need to make a big stink over it. Plenty of people on many different subjects have done worse....and gasp, should I even mention all the rappers that talk about killing whitey and the cops?

Who cares...Brown was a thug and died like one....

Because the cops should not be gloating about killing someone. Sometimes a gun needs to be fired, but a goal of policing is supposed to be a non violent resolution so that the person makes it to trial and can be judged and if necessary punished. Shooting a gun represents a failure of the police. Gloating about killing a thug is bragging that they can't adequately do their jobs.

Problem is nobody has any clue whether it's cops or not. Not in this particular instance, anyway. I could go make a page called "almost above top secret" and put up the exact same picture. And ATS will catch flak for it even though they're not affiliated with the page I made. There's all kinds of Marine Corps oriented pages that post all kinds of crap. The Corps doesn't condone some of the stuff posted "in their name" but isn't going to spend all their time trying to shut down Facebook pages for posting questionable content.

It's not an "official" page for any organization. It was created and posted by some jackass. And other jackasses liked it. That's pretty much the end of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No one is going to point out that the text on that plaque is parallel to the edges of the image, and not the edges of the plaque? It's photoshopped.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler

Just looked it up, this so called "Police Officers" account doesn't exist, this post doesn't exist, all you have is a fake screen shot from a far-left propaganda website. SMH, try to not believe everything you read on the internet, use a little more critical thinking especially given the obviously fake content and source. We're supposed to deny ignorance aren't we, not spread it....

How is it that you're completely wrong and yet this post has the most stars of any in the thread? Thanks to your complete lack of actual vetting, you've misinformed a bunch of people who probably won't even come back to the thread to discover that you were in fact mistaken.

Here's a link to the actual post on Facebook

This is the Police Officers profile (which has 152k likes)

It took me all of 2 minutes to find both. Next time remember that search engines are your friend before you go spreading misinformation?
edit on 2015-8-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Good for them , that dirt bag got a lot more attention than he deserved. Ask the people he shoved around, stole from and bullied every day. Boom boom, dirt bag gone.

edit on 6-8-2015 by UFGarvin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2015 by UFGarvin because: .;kjh

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm calling BS and Photoshop.

That is likely not a real plaque. If you google Michael brown Plaque (hell, even anti-michael Brown plague) there is nothing, but there is a photo of an apparent REAL COMMEMORATIVE plaque that is set in the same concrete (hence same photo from which the OP photo is based) and has the same engraving of Michael Brown grad pic, and the same name/birth/death.

Someone Photoshopped what's on the FB page from the real plaque trying to stir things up is what I'm going with. I'm going to upload a pic in a min.

Link
edit on 6-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm gonna call BS on this. Otherwise these cops would be fired in a second.

Plus, looking at it a bit longer, the text is very clearly photoshop work.
edit on 7-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The op says its a fake picture posted by the Facebook page. You can go to the Facebook page and see it posted.

So no, it's not a real plaque. It's a photoshopped picture of the plaque. Which was then posted on the page.

Which is pretty much what the op said.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That's a BS deal too.

Brown never went to any college.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Because he was killed two weeks before he was supposed to start classes. That's something to smile about huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Because he was killed two weeks before he was supposed to start classes. That's something to smile about huh?

So that proves he never graduated.

The little hat is cute just the same.

And the "college" was some kind of trade school right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join