It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Make Disgusting Fake Memorial Mocking the Killing of Michael Brown by Darren Wilson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

What do you say here? Seems like par for the course anymore.

erguson, MO – One of the largest police pages on Facebook posted an extremely divisive picture, which is sure to inflame already fragile police-community/race relations in Ferguson, Mo. and beyond. Surprisingly, the fake picture has received a large amount of blowback from law enforcement officers, despite the thousands of repugnant cops who liked and shared it.

link
edit on 6-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I say it's pretty evident all this will end in the nationalization of the police force. People will scream for, the feds will "help" by "bowing" to the "will of the people" and as usual, people won't like what they get.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Hands up (to facilitate face palming), don't shoot (another picture of that thing!).

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Lol they want to call what he did 'decisive' and then pull this?

Ya, this really brings all together all right.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Just looked it up, this so called "Police Officers" account doesn't exist, this post doesn't exist, all you have is a fake screen shot from a far-left propaganda website. SMH, try to not believe everything you read on the internet, use a little more critical thinking especially given the obviously fake content and source. We're supposed to deny ignorance aren't we, not spread it....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That's a pretty big statement about those officers' attitudes. I am a bit surprised by this - looks like times are changing for the worse. Stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 8/6/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: catjuggler

Just looked it up, this so called "Police Officers" account doesn't exist, this post doesn't exist, all you have is a fake screen shot from a far-left propaganda website. SMH, try to not believe everything you read on the internet, use a little more critical thinking especially given the obviously fake content and source. We're supposed to deny ignorance aren't we, not spread it....

They probably shut it down after this.. Duhh

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler

Whats that I hear in the distance? It's faint but distinctive.
It's the rare reasonable thought.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The girl who responded is real and she's a member of the Law Enforcement Today group. Seems like they would use a fake account if this were a hoax, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Am just gonna say I've literally never once heard of this page. Granted I'm not what you would call "active" on social media, but I do belong to a few LE oriented pages and I've never once heard of this page, nor heard/seen anybody talking about or posting on it.

Not to say it couldn't have gotten shut down but...if they were willing to post a picture like that and then defend it, I don't think it's very likely that they would shut it down voluntarily. And there's really no way to know that it was run by cops, either. My understanding is pretty much anybody can create a page on Facebook about just about anything, can't they?

If true, pretty pathetic and tasteless and divisive of them. If fake, the same adjectives apply.

ETA - I'm not sure how the other member couldn't find it. I just found it (shows how social media ignorant I am). The page is still up. 152,000 people like the page. It's the first thing that pops up if you search for police officers. The picture is posted on the page. And I'm disgusted.

edit on 6-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes the girl who responded is clearly as gullible as anyone who believes this is a real post from any fraternal Police organization, or in on it. This one is so far behind the curve of legitimacy it should immediately go into the hoax bin. This is ignorance, not denying it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Much like Clairol once said...

The page and likes:

Only FaceBook know for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not to be the dick here, but that pretty much sums it up. I don't get why people have to be all PC about an incident.

Is there anything incorrect about the statement made on the sign?

Sure it's distasteful, but no need to make a big stink over it. Plenty of people on many different subjects have done worse....and gasp, should I even mention all the rappers that talk about killing whitey and the cops?

Who cares...Brown was a thug and died like one....

link   

If you look at the article, you will see a post by a Jathan Portis, stating he was unhappy with the facebook page that he wouldn't have liked/posted on it, had he known what it was. Jathan Portis is a real person, with a real Facebook who is a police officer.

link   
That's a pretty divisive editing and post of it in itself. Shameful!
Looking for additional information.
edit on 6-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Is this yet *ANOTHER* fake story?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I hope it is bs.. I will gladly pm staff and ask them to put it in the hoax bin if it is shown to be. I really hope it is..

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Ya who would evver try and do that!

www.csmonitor.com...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Those are fake?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It's not. See my edit. It's still there in all its inglorious and shabby status.

I will still stand by my other comments, however. No idea who the admins are and if they're law enforcement in any way.

There is a good amount of backlash being thrown at them for it. Looks to me like the backlash outweighs the support, and there are some excellent comments being made.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo. Because phone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join