It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

animals knew the water was coming!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ninki, give me a day or two and I will start another thread on the timeline of the ressurection. I will also go into a few other things with that as well.....maybe. Depending on how long it takes me to put something together for you to see why I am asking these questions.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If they knew that the water was coming, why did those hippo's stay there till the last minute??

The one little hippo baby is now an orphan, currently he has bonded with a 120 yr old sea turtle as his new companion...

I don't think they knew... Birds however can sense something funny and from what I remember dogs can tell if something is going to happen by the vibration/frequency change...

[edit on 7-1-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i think that i have said more than my piece on this thread, and so i am going to stop posting on it for now, as my interest calls me in another direction, and the thread itself has gone in many different directions.
it has been great listening to all the different viewpoints! so in the words of chevy chase in the national lampoons vacation "good talk rusty" good talk!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
hmhmmm.... beautiful copy paste job, once again. Word from Word
www.christiananswers.net...
even your nice little conclusion
"When the Bible touches on scientific subjects, it is entirely accurate."
could you use quotation or have a link.

common ninki, thats not being fair. we thought you wrote it, but it was a mere copy paste once again

read this site, its got alot of information about chrsitian writters believing in flat earth. And its not a christain defence site, or is it a christian attacking site, its fair to both sides.
www.infidels.org...

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
CHEESER-good you went to the site! you were doing your homework!
it was a statement seperated by itself with conclusions and emphasis where i saw fit. not only that, but i had posted it before previously, i only transfered it for your sake, but you are like talking to a brick wall. i have said before and will say again i do not pretend to be an expert on things i respond to questions posed,but sence you are an expert i believe you need to open a new thread and call it DR.CHEESERS FACTS AND FAIRYTALES then you can ramble on about how everyone who does not believe like you do, is stupid and believes in fairytales. now as i said before i am done talking on this issue because as you can see ,it is not the original issue at all anymore! and i am stewing over my next thread topic,wich i will make more general so that we cant get too far off subject, because the subject will be broad, so any whoo ! good day 2 ya!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
DR.CHEESERS FACTS AND FAIRYTALES then you can ramble on about how everyone who does not believe like you do, is stupid and believes in fairytales.

thanks for the sarcasm, i got a real laugh out of it:bash:
have i ever called you or anyone on this forum directly stupid? sorry if u got the impression that i thought people that didnt agree with were stupid!
i dont believe people are stupid that dont agree with what i do, that would be ignorant. i do understand that everyones minds are frameworked differentally, everyone has different beliefs(to some degree), no two people have the same brain biological make-up, everyone has different chemical compositions, so it would make sense to me.

why do you have to get all defensive and what appears to me as getting all angry when all where doing is having a nice discussion about our *Faith, Spirituality & Theology*... ohh wait, i spose thats not your fault, its just your brains chemical balances

i only transfered it for your sake

thanks for that.

have a good one

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i just found another article on fox news of some interest to me, possibly to others as well on this issue. if you want to read the rest go to www.foxnews.com...

"There have been stories in Sri Lanka and Thailand of elephants running for the hills up to an hour before the tsunami bore down on the coastal lands, wiping out entire villages and killing up to 150,000 people.
In Sri Lanka�s second largest wildlife preserve, Yala National Park
people reportedly observed three elephants running away from the shore area to higher ground an hour before the tsunami hit.
And elephants weren�t the only animals seen turning away from the shore before the tsunami hit. Birds, monkeys, dogs and other creatures were all reportedly acting differently on the morning of Dec. 26.
a Sri Lankan who immigrated to the U.S. 20 years ago, said he has seen few animal carcasses in his surveys of the park."

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
another article you might find of interest as to the land masses before the flood: www.cnn.com...

Once, scientists believe, all the earth's continents were combined in a single gigantic land mass they call Pangea (Greek for "all lands"). But geological forces caused it to break apart; and ever since then, the pieces, which scientists call plates, have been drifting across the planet at an average rate of a few inches a century.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ok, just chiming in here on Pangea. According to todays science...and ample, ample evidence, it is believed that all of the continents were once joined.

What I would like to point out is this. It needed millions of years to spread apart like this. There is no ducking under that.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
SEAPEOPLE- yes all land was once joined, but no, it did not take millions of years to seperate, look it only took a 9.0 earthquake to shift the map recently. in the flood of noahs day i am willing to bet a whole lot of shifting was going on (they say the fountains of the deap broke forth) i believe there was massive earth upheaval going on. what the bible said the bible meant, and we can trust it, the evedence is all around us! little people in a big universe with an awesome god!! if you want to see the implications of the last earthquake? google it out.......they were big!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

SEAPEOPLE- yes all land was once joined, but no, it did not take millions of years to seperate,

Yes but it seperated over a billion years ago. If you are going to use todays science.. don't pick and choose which facts you want to use.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
riley- i can choose what i want! you do! the fact is land is seperated. the theorys are times right? well there you have it my friend!all you and me got is theory!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

riley- i can choose what i want! you do! the fact is land is seperated.

Yes it is.

the theorys are times right? well there you have it my friend!all you and me got is theory!

Ninki.. it is actually PROVEN fact that they seperated over a billion years ago. You can't pick and choose facts out of context to suit your own myths and then omit others. Your 'theories' don't stand a chance against that of the scientists' work you quoted. You respect their research enough to hoar it for your own motives yet you dismiss the other half of their work without explanation.
Again NOT AN UNPROVED THEORY.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just found a bit of information today in the Boston Globe that was interesting. Thought I'd bring it up after some of you mentioned that humans do not have the ability as many animals do to 'read the earth' in a sense for an upcoming danger such as a tsunami:

"According to the Associated Press, members of the ancient Jarawa tribe emerged from the forest Thursday and announced that all 250 of their tribespeople had survived. 'We are all safe after the earthquake' a man named Ashu said....Their survival Hill stated in an e-mail, 'Just reinforces my view that we have the capacity to detect these things, but we override the alarm signal as less important than ones coming in from other channels....and we depend more on television and the internet for 'alerts' than we do on our own sensory abilities'"

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
zhangmaster- i agree with you, as i stated in the beginning i feel we live loud lives and block out the right noises sometimes!

Riley- exactly what scientific proof are you refering to? how have we proven the age of the earth? what method can do this? what proof do you stand on be spacific please, because as far as i know all dating methods have been up for debate as to their accuracy. so let me know of this great science you know about!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Riley- exactly what scientific proof are you refering to? how have we proven the age of the earth? what method can do this? what proof do you stand on be spacific please, because as far as i know all dating methods have been up for debate as to their accuracy. so let me know of this great science you know about!

As far as you know? Is this according to all the 'scientists'
that twist, ommit and blatently change facts to support their own delusions? I've never heared legitamate scientists debate the accuracy of these methods. Carbon dating is now respected.. and is considered accurate. Scientists WOULD NOT use these methods if they were not accurate. They are looking for facts and haven't got an agenda like.. I don't know.. proving the earth is flat.

-Carbon dating on fossils.
-Calculations using the rate of movement of the contenents which is dated back.. what did you say? what.. they just slid across in under a minute or something?
Seapeople has already gone over them in his post.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
riley- wow that was truly heavy, what thought you put into the post!
i mean i really had no idea that scientist, wait i mean secular scientists were the only ones on the planet who know anything about everything and i could trust them with making my mind up for me! thank you for the awakening!!!! whatever man!! you are a lazy minded person incapable of looking into anything other than your agenda, the information is there for the seeker. no one has fact as to the date of the earth! do you want to know why??? no one was there! therefore everything about this is theory. science changes all of the time,moves on to the next big thing. if this makes you feel good about your lack of relationship to your creator well then go for it! but do not call your lame "science said it so its true, and everything else is dumb" crap, a fact! YOU GOT JACK MY FRIEND!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

you are a lazy minded person incapable of looking into anything other than your agenda,

Stooping to name calling Ninki? Thats not very christian of you. You have not provided ANY unbiased [as in non christian] FACTUAL scientific information to prove Noahs ark.. or to disprove the age of the earth for that matter. The only thing which you have provided was a news article about pangea.. yet that didn't say it split up only 6000 years ago did it? Of course not- you just twisted that information to suit your own make believe and tried to suggest it somehow backed your claims. You have never provided information from non christians sites either.. if you want to keep trying to 'argue'
with science.. at least do it in the context it was meant. You may be used to interpriting the bible any which way you want but you can't do that with science.. facts can't be changed.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
riley- and you have never provided a non secular site either! looks like we be in the same boat!i find my source from christian science and you from secular science. name calling? i would say lazy minded was more of an observation, how funny you say "not very christian of you" when jesus told it like it was. just because i am a follower of christ does not make me into a fluffy, coward afraid to call a spade a spade.you always end with something like "cant argue with fact" you dont have fact you have theory, i am not sure why you cannot grasp that! is it because your text books teach that? truth in text is relative to information coming to light, and bias ruling out reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

riley- and you have never provided a non secular site either!

You want a scientific religious site Ninki? What kind? Moslem? Buddhist? Pagen? Chistian? That would be bias to a belief sytem and would therefore be innacurate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join