It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

animals knew the water was coming!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearmaw7
The Bible actually refers to a time when the earth "was divided" in Genesis. Before the flood the earth was one large land mass surrounded by water. (This is why if you take a map of the world and lay continents together they roughly fit into one body...

:bnghd:
I find it disconcerting to realise the amount of ignorance about our home.
Educate yourself. Please.
www.enchantedlearning.com...
Fact is Australia broke away from other moving [and divided] continents over 200 million years ago.. not in Noahs time. This isn't fiction..this is reality.

As for their diets...just because they only eat one type of food now doesn't mean that the little guys never could or would eat anything but eucalyptus.

If you're going to actually try explain things away so you can keep believing in fables.. could you at least TRY to use facts? Please? Koalas CAN'T eat anything BUT eucalyptus leaves.. that is ALL they eat.. the even get their water from them.
They would die if they attempted to eat anything else.

In fact, this last wave is nothing compared to what is coming ,and it IS, indeed ,a "judgement of God" I have no problem saying the truth here...God's judgement is His warning to a wicked world. A world that worships the creation rather than the Creator.

Do you know anything about the practices of the people groups in the area we speak of?

The majority of in that region are very compassionate people actually.. perhaps it's the buddhism influence on their cultures.. but then again I've actually met some.. and wouldn't judge a entire race or region by a handful. What did Jesus say.. Judge not lest ye be judged? You talk about others sinning and can't even not do it yourself.

Are you aware that in this neck of the woods, little girls and boys are painted gold and sent naked to the slave block. There they are sold as sex slaves to a thriving and lusty group of abusers who use these little ones, finally killing them and returning to buy another?

Exuse me but that happens EVERYWHERE.. and guess who utilises/buys these slaves? Mostly rich western men.. and I've never heared of them being painted gold. Did you just make that up? A major problem in the region is 'men' going on sex hoildays.. probably ones that are call themselves 'christian' when they get back home.. yes.. they go atravelling because they like to have sex with 8 yo girls. Supply and demand.. but thats okay.. so long as when they go home they remember to go to church every Sunday and to worship The CREATOR.

Ninki,

is it disrespectful of me to make observations about nature when people have lost there lives?

Yes.. you didn't bring it up to make innocent observations about nature.. you brang it up as 'proof'
of noahs ark.. I realise you will never admit to this but it is obvious.

Please note. This is my last reply regarding the irritating 'subject' of Noah's ark.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Riley= bummer you find it irritating, i find it facinating, i think Noah was one of the coolest characters in the bible and i cannot wait to speak with him! i think his life was very amazing, his times were amazing! god said in the days of the coming of the son of man that it will be like the time of noah, so i feel the flood story, the life story, of noah are very relevent to today!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Riley- Who ever said that the Koalas even came from Australia? And if you take a look at the earths crust w/o the water the you would see there are land bridges between the continents. Before the flood and probably for a period of time after too, people could travel across these land bridges.

secondly, koalas can drink water if, due to drought ,the leaves water content is reduced.
Koalas also eat eucalyptus leaves and bark from 12 different eucalyptus tree species. They will also consume mistletoe and box leaves, leaves from other trees such as wattle tree, tea tree, paperbark tree.
Koalas have a slow metabolic rate due to their high-fiber, low nutrient diet. Because they store little or no fat, koalas must adopt strategies that conserve energy. Sleeping is one of them.
Koalas sleep for up to 16 hours per day in order to conserve energy.
A very slow metabolic rate optimizes its energy requirements and allows koalas to retain food within their digestive system for a relatively long period of time!!!!!! i presume they took many naps on the ark, and ate what was provided for them.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Congrats on your cut and paste abilities and learning how to use google.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
riley-congrats on your sarcasm and avoiding the answer to your koala bear question!!!! you asked! i looked it up and gave it to you, a summary not a cut and paste, the info is from more than 3 articles,whats your real problem? whats to fear? do you think that i am trying to fool people into believing that i am a expert? i simply look into questions asked, state what i believe and bounce ideas! i truly do not understand your problem, actually i sorta do..i used to fight against the spirit as well, then i realised i was fighting (something), so there must be a force to recon with, and recon i have....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
riley-
Thank you for your interesting and challenging answer.
I had to print it out so I could remember all the points you made.
Australia : Even you know that the timing of
Australia's break away is only speculation..you were not there nor was I. However, there are more evidences for the Biblical account of the flood than for any other theory.
I will post one a day for you starting to day.
Here goes;
"The oldest living coral reef is less than 4200 years old...The oldest living tree in the world is about 4,300 years old." Not 200 million years old.
Also in the same area of thought; the oldest known historical records are less than 6,000 years old. According to the Bible the flood would have taken place about 4,000 years ago..
Just something to think about.
Now on to your Kolalas..
Did you know that Chinese have lost the ability to digest milk? When they move into a culture that uses mikl products slowely they become able to drink and digest it again? It is possible to loose the ability to digest foods and regain it.
As for the goodness of the people in the rgion ...dont vouch for them. they are like all people sinners.
And you made that up about the primary exploiters of sex slave children being Christian men...and you know it.
Just because you have never heard about them being painted gold doesnt invalidate my claim..
Here is where you need to go..go to "Telling the Truth " by Stewart and Jill Brisco . email them, as they are the mission workers, and ask them what they have seen ..
You see "Faith commeth by the Word of God and that by HEARING.." Riley read the Bible and you will change. I can tell you have not read it ..most Christians have a struggle to read it..it is a battle of the Spirit..but take the bull by the horns and read Gods Word..Please..In Love of Him Bearmaw7
PS. Riley there are at least 300 flood ledgends all over the earth and these are only the ones we know of...in china the character for flood is a small boat with eight small figures in it. That is how many people were saved in Noahs time!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Bear,

I am a free thinker. I have read the bible, and I would bet I did it in a more critical fasion (and complete fasion) than you.

Now, what I can't seem to grasp is that someone who tries to tell someone else about how they should think, and study, when they can't even do a decent job of it themselves.

What I can't seem to understand, is why some people choose to believe a book that was written in fantasy, over hard science. I know...those damned scientists are lying to you....bastards!!! What is wrong with you, citing that book over our hard work. Ninki, you should join bear in the kindergarden classroom corner with the dunce hat on. Why would i choose to believe a book, that we can't even translate accurately today. Not only can we not translate it, but we don't have an original copy of 99% of it. The copy's we do have are incomplete. Ever read a direct tranlslation from the bible??? Most of them are written like this....:

The man walked [to the field] where [the sheep had been]. I just made that up....but the concept is real. Do you know what is in the brackets??? No?? Neither do any translaters. The text in those areas is either missing or too distorted to read. That is how the actual translations of the bibles read. Yet you believe everything. You trust it.

I really wish you had the intellect to see what I see when I look into the sky on a clear night. I wish you could see the beauty. But you can't. You will never know. People like you, should all go over to Isreal...where your promised land is. Try not to get shot in that loving land given to you by God.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
riley-congrats on your sarcasm and avoiding the answer to your koala bear question!!!! you asked!

I didn't bother answering it because.. there was and is not point, I said I was done with it.. and going by the following you obviously did not understand the question:

i presume they took many naps on the ark, and ate what was provided for them.

Ate what was provided for them?! Noah didn't have a supply of gumleaves. And I'm positive they were all meant to be on the ark for a couple of years or at least several months.. and as for land bridges.. they would not have been full of aussie native trees [they are native to australia].. and as I said the LAST time we discussed this.. they would've died soon after leaving the comfort of their tree. It took 2 years to get here by wooden boat.. crawling would take.. just a little longer obiously.. and koalas wouldn't live long enough. I'm not bothering with this because for SOME reason you think koalas can survive years without food and can crawl great distances. You are incapable of undertanding why this is impossible so I'm not going to keep wasting my time.

i looked it up and gave it to you, a summary not a cut and paste, the info is from more than 3 articles,

I already know about koalas. Thankyou for trying though.

i truly do not understand your problem, actually i sorta do..i used to fight against the spirit as well, then i realised i was fighting (something), so there must be a force to recon with, and recon i have....

Exuse me? I've explained it. You're problem is you want to try force other people to believe in your fables... my problem is these fables are scientifically IMPOSSIBLE.. so what do you do? You get personal and accuse me of being a lost sheep and in spiritual conflict which I find disgusting.. if you had not have I would not have bothered coming back to this thread.. [it irked me] and it's kind of silly as noah not existing wouldn't disprove god.
I'm not saying I don't get spiritually conflicted.. it's not just over 'your' god.. or any god.. and kind of my own business anyway. I think it's kind of rude to make judgements on something that personal based on the fact that I don't believe in A FABLE.

For the last time.. I'm done with the subject of Noah.. not because I have 'strayed from jesus' or whatever patronising explanation your are assuming.. but because I'm starting to think that you're PLAYING GAMES as WE'VE DONE THIS BEFORE and it's now even more irritating.. and now you are stooping to making judgements on my personal life.

And to everyone else.. yeah I know I should've just dropped it...

[edit on 2-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not going to bother with the rest of the tripe.. you're both grasping at straws.. and I'm fed up with trying to explain why each and every single point you and Ninki make regarding Noah and the age of our planet [no doubt you believe it's 6000 years old
] just doesn't make ANY scientific sense.

As for the goodness of the people in the rgion ...dont vouch for them. they are like all people sinners.

There are immoral people everywhere.. so you think these people deserved it because of the impoverished region they live in? Guess what? That makes you a biggot and immoral anyway.

And you made that up about the primary exploiters of sex slave children being Christian men...and you know it.

So none of them are christian? Whats the main religion in western countries? Which countries have the most money to spend on indulgences? Western ones.

Riley read the Bible and you will change. I can tell you have not read it

Goodie. Another unfounded judgement. You can't tell anything.. I actually HAVE read it.. everyday at school.. then as an adult: once in one sitting [so I kept continuity, context and so I was able to absorb it].. and again a couple of weeks later 'to be sure'. It DID indeed change me. I was disgusted at how much shame, hate and ignorance it encourages. It felt 'evil' to me. Granted.. The NT is a little tamer and I do respect most of the philosophies of Jesus.. but it doesn't erase the old and the NT itself encourages shame and suffering. I felt physically sick that I had be raised in a religion and culture that was primarily based oh such bitterness and oppression.. since I 'deprogramed' myself away from christiany I feel better about myself.. and I am a better person. I am now buddhist/athiest I guess which has it's own challenges [I didn't study/convert to buddhism.. I just happen to share similar beliefs] and am more spiritual than I have ever been.

Reading the bible certainly did open my eyes.

Seapeople,

I really wish you had the intellect to see what I see when I look into the sky on a clear night. I wish you could see the beauty.

I agree it's a shame that peple won't see the beauty in all thats around us.. our wonderous living planet.. our majestic universe. The night sky always leaves me in awe.
It makes the bible look like.. just the book that it is.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Riley;
I somehow knew that you would say you had read the Bible. Everyone says they have,
yet as a 26 year soldier in Christ I know how hard it is for us to read the scriptures...(the flesh wars against the Spirit,
it is the hardest thing to do, to read the Bible)
It would seem to be a lie to me if you had not said you felt SHAME, that rang true.
We need to feel shame and sorrow..it drives us to know for sure we are guilty in the eyes of a HOLY GOD.
The Good news is this:
once we see our shame and guilt we also (by the Spirit ) understand that the sin has been paid for, covered and we can be filled with joy unspeakable..the gift of salvation.
My prayer is that you will ask for this gift and experience the freedom and joy of HIM who died for your shame..
Love,
Bearmaw7
Oh and the dead sea schrolls DO not read as you wrote, they are identical to the scriptures we have now ...almost word for word..get the translation of Isaiah for example.
Riley;Jesus is all He claims to be...and more. In 26 years of serving HIM I have never been given reason to regret my decision to follow with all my heart.
When I look at the night sky my heart fills with praise to my Lord and my God, the creator of Heaven and Earth...
Israel? No, I will wait for the New Jerusalem right here in the United States (God gave us this land too, you know)

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Bearmaw7]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And riley;
Just because the West does claim to be "Christian" and the West does have the wealth to spend on pleasures..it doesn't immediatly follow that Western men, who go to church, buy and murder children put for sale by their own society.
No. this doesnt happen in every part of the world..I assure you. It is the product of lawlessness.
In India, for instance, if a man is displeased with his wife he can cause a" kitchen fire" .
This is the practice of dumping kerocene on her. He, and as many relations as it takes to hold her still ...then they set her on fire . In the papers it is called a "kitchen fire". She dies and no one investigates, after all, she died in the kitchen , right ? Everyone knows fires break out in the kitchen. No problem..
The West is not HOLY but the influence of Christ is remarkable.
When the Holy Spirit is grieved enough with the West we too, shall fall. I believe the thing to look for would be the persecution of Christians as a benchmark for HIS judgement.
Look at China abortion is the only option after having one child. This is the fruit of a Buddist society. "You shall know them by their friuts" In the United States there is still enough salt and light that a fight is waged against baby murders...and you can thank God for the Christians who pray and fight the good fight here...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Riley;
I somehow knew that you would say you had read the Bible. Everyone says they have,

No.. you said "I can tell you haven't read it." Oh I see.. you think I may've exagerated just to be tit for tat? I was raised on the bible.. I went to Christian schools and have fundies in my family. I already KNOW the religion.

It would seem to be a lie to me if you had not said you felt SHAME, that rang true.

The shame I was taught were things like women are inherently evil because of Eve. That is disgraceful. Of course I knew it wasn't true.. and I've ALWAYS believed in evolution anyway but I did realise that some of this brainwashing had rubbed of subconciously. It also teached that pride is evil.. so If you do something you are proud of.. you should be ashamed?
And self induced suffering is a GOOD thing. These are just a couple of examples. I won't bother giving anymore as you wouldn't be able to undertstand how people are able to interprit the bible any other way than the way you do.

We need to feel shame and sorrow..it drives us to know for sure we are guilty in the eyes of a HOLY GOD.

If I have harmed someone my conscience tells me.. I will go and rectify it with that person.. considering I don't believe in your god.. [predominently for science reasons] guilt in his eyes is irrelevant. All that is relevent is the person I have wronged and how they see me.. and how I see myself.

The Good news is this:
once we see our shame and guilt we also (by the Spirit ) understand that the sin has been paid for,

As I said if I've hurt somone.. I make peace with them.. this is better than going to confesson instead of righting things and respecting other human beings.

covered and we can be filled with joy unspeakable..the gift of salvation.

I believe we should save [nurture] eachother.. and I'm not after some holy reward after I'm dead... it is life that matters to me.. I believe that is all there is... and if it wasn't.. I'd still say it's irrelevant. It is the here and now that counts.

My prayer is that you will ask for this gift and experience the freedom and joy of HIM who died for your shame..
Love,
Bearmaw7

I don't have irrational shame now. . and I feel freedom and joy already. My hope for you is you gain some objectivety, be less judgemental.. and see the the universe the way it is.. and not the way a book tells you how t see it. By blindly believing what the bible tells you.. you miss out on the truth/reality of oor world. It's a beautiful place in itself.. it doesn't need the bible to validate it.

Riley;Jesus is all He claims to be...and more. In 26 years of serving HIM I have never been given reason to regret my decision to follow with all my heart.

I've taken alot of his philosophies on board.. as with other great philosophers. He and Buddha seem to have shared similar outlooks. I can imagine them having a peace pipe together. But I don't serve either.. I love the world that I am in and want to add not detract from it. Jesus said it is the MESSAGE that is important not the messagenger. I think.. hyperthetically.. he would rather people feel the need to be good to eachother rather than just doing so because 'he's the boss'.
I make choices.. I try and make the choices that will not cause suffering.. to myself or to others. Whats wrong with me doing this without following a god I can't believe in? There are are no rules that says you have to believe in god to be a good person.

When I look at the night sky my heart fills with praise to my Lord and my God, the creator of Heaven and Earth...

See.. many do not believe this.. and there is alot of evidence that it's not true. That aside.. you talk about worshiping a creator.. but I think a creator would rather us respect ourselves.. and not fight over 'him' [allah vs yaweh]. Hypathetically.. I think it would rather us believe in ourselves instead.
--------------------------------------------
EDIT
-------------------------------------------

And riley;
Just because the West does claim to be "Christian" and the West does have the wealth to spend on pleasures..it doesn't immediatly follow that Western men, who go to church, buy and murder children put for sale by their own society.

Alot of these families sell their daughters because they are in DEBT to pay for things.. like.. I don't know FOOD and SHELTER. The daughters are usually TAKEN to pay the debt. It is a sick practice I agree.. but I can't judge POOR cultures because their choices are limited.
As for Western men who go on sex holidays [and some would call themselves 'christian'].., it is these men that are creating a demand for them.

No. this doesnt happen in every part of the world..I assure you. It is the product of lawlessness.

People do what they have to do to survive when they are living in poverty. It's also a big problem in Russia and many other countries... it happens in America.. in Australia. Women are locked in rooms here [and everywhere] and hoard to pay their debts to whoever smuggled them into the 'free' country. They were looking for a better life. Many western women have to stip or prostitute to feed their kids because the fathers have taken off. There are many girls in western countries who's fathers, step fathers, uncles, brothers molest them.. they get used for sex by their own families.. the difference is it's not in open air brothels for all the cameras of the world to see. Something like 1 in 4 apprently.. no.. Christian nations are no different.. they just do it behind closed doors instead.

In India, for instance, if a man is displeased with his wife he can cause a" kitchen fire" .
This is the practice of dumping kerocene on her. He, and as many relations as it takes to hold her still ...then they set her on fire . In the papers it is called a "kitchen fire". She dies and no one investigates, after all, she died in the kitchen , right ? Everyone knows fires break out in the kitchen. No problem..

That happens sometimes in the middle east as well. If a father denies someone his daughters hand in marriage.. [they are usually about 12 at the time] they have petrol poured over them to di$figure them so they have no more value and can't marry anyone else. Christianity used to have love honour and OBEY as well.. women were considered property and raping a wife used to be quite legal.. as was assaukting her. Christianity grew out of it and evolved.. [as it had to obide by the laws] other religions haven't grown out of it yet.

The West is not HOLY but the influence of Christ is remarkable.

Thats probably the all mighty $ that provides fairly decent lifestyles.. I can't say the same for westerners living beneath the poverty line though.

When the Holy Spirit is grieved enough with the West we too, shall fall. I believe the thing to look for would be the persecution of Christians as a benchmark for HIS judgement.

Some Christians like to believe this.. but it seems to be it's usually after they have tried to FORCE other people to convert that they claim to have been persecuted.

Look at China abortion is the only option after having one child. This is the fruit of a Buddist society.

What?! Another biggoted statement. You can't help yourself can you? the one child policy is the result of an OVERPOPULATED society.. it has NOTHING to do with buddhism. This would be obvious to most people.

"You shall know them by their friuts" In the United States there is still enough salt and light that a fight is waged against baby murders...and you can thank God for the Christians who pray and fight the good fight here...

I do find the practice of forced abortion in China apporhent.. I can't JUDGE anyone else for choosing it though as I am not living their lives.. and if I'm not willing to raise or help raise their unwanted children myself to ensure they have the basics.. [which would be things like education and not a one off hamper with nappies and talcem powder in it] I'm not going to try force women to continue pregnancies and then just walk away when they've given birth as some prolifers do. Thats dispicable. Seems there is a time limit on their compassion for these babies.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki

Why god chose not to warn these people i do not know,......

Actually, a warning WAS given. www.atsnn.com... This is about a 10 year old BRITISH student on Holiday who remembered a geography lesson and acted on it. Where were the locals in other areas who ought to have some familiarity historically with tsunamis? If the people never saw one, did they never learn from family members who survived them in the past? It seems to me that if a foreign CHILD can recognize the signs, then the local populations should have also.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"The oldest living coral reef is less than 4200 years old...The oldest living tree in the world is about 4,300 years old." Not 200 million years old.
Also in the same area of thought; the oldest known historical records are less than 6,000 years old. According to the Bible the flood would have taken place about 4,000 years ago..
Just something to think about.

The oldest found tree is around then.
Why must so much *#* be spoken. the age of a trees is not important, they are complex plants and dont live very long in comparisment to others.
Why would you elude people?
read this web page
www.herbalgram.org...
40,000 year old shrub. You can research and research it and try and find me evidence that rebutles the age of this.
Dont worry you wont cause ive already tried.
you think about that

Did you know that Chinese have lost the ability to digest milk? When they move into a culture that uses mikl products slowely they become able to drink and digest it again? It is possible to loose the ability to digest foods and regain it.

now this is just complete and utter...... . Do you have any knowledge in biology? If you read one of my above posts it said Koala's have a specialised diet. Humans have generalized diet. That milk thing is to do with enzymes, its called Lactose Intolerance. We all have this Lactose Intolerance to some degree and it gets worse with age. The Chinese can digest milk without any problem until the age of 3.
They had no need for a milk digesting enzyme after the age of three, becaus it was nowhere in there diet, it would be a waste of energy producing it.
You cant even compare the two, there both on a different scale. I can explain it full and indepth if you want, just ask. But im not going to waste my time if you arent going to read it and THINK about it.

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
ninki

koalas can drink water if, due to drought ,the leaves water content is reduced.
Koalas also eat eucalyptus leaves and bark from 12 different eucalyptus tree species. They will also consume mistletoe and box leaves, leaves from other trees such as wattle tree, tea tree, paperbark tree.

thank you ninki, i see you researched up the subject for once. i appreciate it! putting time into your post!
BUT
common.. you say they eat 12 different eucalyptus trees. *now everyone thinks wow! they arent as restricted in there diet as what i thought!* THERE ARE OVER 600 TYPES OF EUCALYPTUS TREES IN AUSTRALIA. Sorry, there diet is pritty restricted.
All different species of Eucalyptus trees are fairly similair, yet Koalas are can only eat 12, yes 12 species when there is over 600.

Koalas live on a diet of eucalytus leaves alone.
www.kidcyber.com.au...
please provide information perferably a link on how they eat non-euca trees as you have posted.

and this is my big number one question

if there was a big flood. How did the fish that can only survive in fresh water environments survive. the oceans covered the earth landmasses. Major Salinity posioning would have killed all these fresh water fish.

How did these fish survive.

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Cheezer;
Went to your link, thank you for it.
The fossil comparison dating is the issue here; it is inaccurate, and if you are as "scientific" as you claim to be. you know this to be true.In fact this method of dating is not even respected by the person who wrote the article you posted -as the last paragraph reads:
"HOWEVER,ABC ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER ROBIN MARLES PHD, A PHARMACO
GNOSIST AT BRANDON U , CANADA HAS A DIFFERENT EXPLANATION...ETC.."
go back and re read your own "proof" my friend.
The Little Aussie bear story and the Chinese story are important. You see you are wrong about Chinese being able to digest cows milk until they are three years old. THIS IS NOT TRUE, YOU ARE QUOTING A FACT ABOUT MOST PEOPLE IN GENERAL.
In fact, the Chinese who come to 'cow's milk' countries can develope the ability to digest it...just as the little Aussie bear can ,and would have been able to eat other things at the time of Noah.
HOWEVER, BEING CUT OFF FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD AS HE IS; THE LITTLE BEAR BEGAN TO EAT A SPECIALIZED DIET ...
Please read ALL OF text in the links you post and you will find your own answers.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
PS Cheezer
about the fish..you believe in evolution..you figure it out..
Think about "specialization"
A hint ...as the waters receded after the flood and areas of water slowly, then, became more salty - they were now land locked- read how the salt sea; or Dead Sea if you will. was formed.
(remember before the flood there was one large land mass surrounded by water)
I state here that before the flood all fish were fresh water fish, after the flood ,as salt was increased in certain bodies of water the fish evolved..and began to tolerate the salt.
Eventually they were only able to live in this kind of environment.
God bless and keep you Cheezy
Bearmaw7

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
riley
I disagree strongly with your statement-
the laws of the land are, in fact, a reflection of the peoples' view of God.
The ugly and Godless society in China today is the result of Buddism.
As Europe has declined from Christianity it too has become more brutish (Hitler? Any one?)
The reason the United States is blessed at all is because of the strong church presence here. Jesus is still Lord in this nation..I do not say that it will always be so. I see the what is coming..However.
The fight is on, and
"We, who KNOW our God, will do great exploits" This quote is obscure, so I'll just tell you; it is found in the book of Daniel.
Fact for today;
"A relatively small amount of sediment is now on the ocean floor, indicating only a few thousand years of accumulation..."
Go figure, may be the earth is only about 6,000 years old. As the Bible would seem to indicate. Not much time to evolve ...
God Bless and keep you today riley
Love Bearmaw7

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cheezer
Just one last though for today and then I fly..
Did you know that the Bible tells us Noah and his three sons worked on the ark for 100 years? I just bet they had time to gather many euclayptus leaves if need be...
Just a thought-
Love in HIM from whom ALL blessings flow
Bearmaw7

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

riley
I disagree strongly with your statement-
the laws of the land are, in fact, a reflection of the peoples' view of God.
The ugly and Godless society in China today is the result of Buddism.
As Europe has declined from Christianity it too has become more brutish (Hitler? Any one?)
The reason the United States is blessed at all is because of the strong church presence here. Jesus is still Lord in this nation..I do not say that it will always be so. I see the what is coming..However.
The fight is on, and
"We, who KNOW our God, will do great exploits" This quote is obscure, so I'll just tell you; it is found in the book of Daniel.
Fact for today;
"A relatively small amount of sediment is now on the ocean floor, indicating only a few thousand years of accumulation..."
Go figure, may be the earth is only about 6,000 years old. As the Bible would seem to indicate. Not much time to evolve ...
God Bless and keep you today riley
Love Bearmaw7

Wow......

I am in shock that someone could actually believe what you do. I guess the clouds really are the dust from god's feet as the bible says then...in your world.

Ok, so lets pretend that the earth is only 6000 years old just to make you smile a little. Feel good? Anyhow, the earth was created at the same time as the universe was according to the bible. Now, we will ignore the fact that this is impossible, again...to make smile. I take it that your rationalization of the stars and other ojects in the universe along with science is somwhere along the lines of this then then....

1) The stars really are not light years away like the bastard liars that call themselves astronomers say. I guess red shifting and gravity distortion do not exist like those satan worshippers have "allegedly proven". I suppose relativity and quantum mechanics are both 100% flawed and unreliable to any extent what-so-ever. The hubble telescope and its observations were made up lies to control the masses of people. Human intellect is not capable of understanding mathematics, therefore all of its calculations relating to science are wrong. It is all a lie that light travels and bends. Comets and asteroids are not really floating around space at constant speeds. Gravity does not effect them. The ocean floor sediment experts at your answers in genesis website are more qualified to answer questions of that nature than any marine expert outside of the church...of course! Glaciers were really not everin america....they didnt recede over 10's of thousands of years like all science....and SEDIMENT study indicate. Its all a lie!!! Those jerks!!!! I mean, obviously when Nicolas Copernicus and those like him tried to tell the christian community that the earth wasn't the center of the universe....and the christian community went on a killing spree, that was justified because they were all LIARS!

2) Give praise to Mel Gibson and Pat Robertson.

I do understand you bear. People like you are a plague to society. People like you are why most of the world is at war today. Get off your high horse and remember that you are a human being. You are one of those..."pray to god for help" people. Then when God doesn't help you, you say...he helped you, but not the way you wnated him too. Classic....Classic. Why even bother then if He has his mind made up??? Come on now, make some sense of yourself to the world. Explain to me how God can know everything, including the future, and still love at all. He knew already, before I was ever born that I would say these things and that he had to send me to hell for them...yet he created me anyway. Thats love. He created hell in the first place for us to rot in. That is love.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join