It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magazine article from 1994 depicts Beavis & Butthead dressed as Al Qaeda flying planes into the WTC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

How about the fact that the illustration is credited to Johnny Ryan? He didn't start contributing to Vice until the mid-2000s.

Well I really don't know enough about the man to verify or dispute your claim one way or the other. I notice you don't offer any links or evidence to back up your claims either, lol.

But well we're on the subject, where are you in the US? Because since your so obviously invested in debunking 911 conspiracies, maybe you could take a drive down to North Hills, California for me. Go check out Bull creek flood way and prove that the 'Caution 9-11' sign is normally written on bridges there and that the place where they actually shot the scene does in fact have a 9 foot 11 inch clearance?

Because from watching the movie again, I've noticed there was no clearance sign on the other side of the bridge, nor do any other bridges in the flood way scene have a clearway sign.

Is it just a simple mind blowing coincidences... do you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How about the fact that the illustration is credited to Johnny Ryan? He didn't start contributing to Vice until the mid-2000s.

Well I really don't know enough about the man to verify or dispute your claim one way or the other. I notice you don't offer any links or evidence to back up your claims either, lol.

But well we're on the subject, where are you in the US? Because since your so obviously invested in debunking 911 conspiracies, maybe you could take a drive down to North Hills, California for me. Go check out Bull creek flood way and prove that the 'Caution 9-11' sign is normally written on bridges there and that the place where they actually shot the scene does in fact have a 9 foot 11 inch clearance?

Because from watching the movie again, I've noticed there was no clearance sign on the other side of the bridge, nor do any other bridges in the flood way scene have a clearway sign.

Is it just a simple mind blowing coincidences... do you think?

You have got to be kidding me. You genuinely believe that "they" for some reason thought that we should all be subconsciously aware of their nefarious plan to...well, to do something after 9/11 evidently...and so they put a bridge height warning sign in Terminator 2? Seriously? You honestly believe that? And see, here is the problem with even trying to show you that this is garbage: If they go and it's gone, you say it's confirmed yet if they go and it's still there--you know, just like a normal bridge height warning sign, then you say it's confirmed, lol. No matter what, confirmation bias wins!!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And most importantly. . . the article that started this post is a fake. It was a joke. Had literally 40 seconds of research been done, the thread would not have been started at all. And yet here we are, with the goal posts moved. . .

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The Twin Towers were iconic buildings from the day they were built. They were paraded around as trophies of American power, wealth and success since day one. The (once) tallest, the biggest and the best; they were a symbol of prowess. Over the decades they have been the subject of numerous real and fictitious attempts to destroy them (think Towering Inferno, etc.).

They were a badge, a symbol...and as a result they were a target.

It should come as no surprise there are numerous depictions of some untoward and cowardly act being their demise. It is no casual coincidence. In some respects their very existence was a dare (not intentional, but a dare none the less). Symbolically, they were Goliath waiting for some David wannabe to come along and take them down with his slingshot.

On a side note...I can remember, as a kid, standing on the observation deck of the Empire State Building and looking over at the WTC towers under construction. At the time one tower was fully erected and the other was about 60%+ erected. I remember thinking, in wonder, how could anything ever be bigger than the Empire State Building. Even back then they were a statement. In fact, they were the main attraction the tour guides pointed out.

No, there's no conspiracy in any of these depictions, no foretelling of any specific fate. They were a target; they were always a target.

edit on 8/7/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

maybe you could take a drive down to North Hills, California for me. Go check out Bull creek flood way and prove that the 'Caution 9-11' sign is normally written on bridges there and that the place where they actually shot the scene does in fact have a 9 foot 11 inch clearance?

Will it ever end?
I have to assume you don't drive at all.
Well since you don't get out much here is a link that shows lots of pictures.
Pictures of underpass height signs.

As you can see underpasses can be of any height.
As the driver of any tall truck you must know the exact height of your trailer.

Please get out more.
These conspiracies don't exist out in the real world.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: Merinda

@ op I hope I'm not derailing your thread, I can drop the bill cooper angle just let me know.

How about you drop all the nonsense that the 'article' in the OP is real.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

You have got to be kidding me. You genuinely believe that "they" for some reason thought that we should all be subconsciously aware of their nefarious plan to...well, to do something after 9/11 evidently...and so they put a bridge height warning sign in Terminator 2? Seriously?

I personally think its a perfectly credible possibility that the people who were responsible for collapsing the twin towers warned us of there plans in terminator 2. Not for the purpose of actually warning the public, mind you, but just out of an act of pure arrogance.

All I know is, if I ever get a spare $1700 for the plane ticket (plus a few hundred for hotel and expenses), I'm heading straight to cali with a tape measure to see for myself if the bridge actually has a 9 foot 11 inch clearance.... If I can't get a cali resident to do it for me and that's what it takes to find out the truth!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: misguided
a reply to: real_one

I have a question. Would another article straight from Vice making fun of Alex Jones for thinking they predicted the future and clearly admitting that it was a joke change your mind? Alex Jones Thinks We Predicted 9/11 It was clearly a joke, and while in some opinions it was in bad taste, it was satire. The U.S. Government did not take to calling the group Al-Qaeda until 1996 and they were not even on watch list until 1999. This has been floating around the Internet for some time now.

I sure wish it would, but it's apparent no matter the amount of evidence concluding this was a fake/joke article some will bite hook, line, and sinker.

Nice sidebar on the year in which the U.S. started calling the group Al-Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What I never see in these threads is any specific explanation of the possible details about how foreshadowing like this would appear in a Simpsons episode or a Spiderman Comic or on a seventies album cover.

Because, of course, there's no explanation that comes close to holding water.

What happened? Did Dick Cheney's office or Illuminati headquarters call up Matt Groening and Supertramp and say "you have to put a 911 in your cartoon or a photo of the trade centers on your album cover?

And counter culture artists like that would just go along and never go public about that or tell anyone at all in all these years?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Except that clearance isn't always accurate for many reasons. Some states deliberately mark them low for when there is snow on the road. Roads get lowered from traffic, a road that's repaved has a short time when that clearance is wrong because they laid the new asphalt over the old, etc.

Not any of that is evidence of a conspiracy, but all of it happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

originally posted by: misguided

I have a question. Would another article straight from Vice making fun of Alex Jones for thinking they predicted the future and clearly admitting that it was a joke change your mind? Alex Jones Thinks We Predicted 9/11 It was clearly a joke, and while in some opinions it was in bad taste, it was satire. The U.S. Government did not take to calling the group Al-Qaeda until 1996 and they were not even on watch list until 1999. This has been floating around the Internet for some time now.

I sure wish it would, but it's apparent no matter the amount of evidence concluding this was a fake/joke article some will bite hook, line, and sinker.

Nice sidebar on the year in which the U.S. started calling the group Al-Qaeda.

Which is why this "truth" movement has become a religion unto itself. As with religion, it all is based upon baseless belief in something. When confronted with actual facts, you are rewarded with denial, accusations, and personal attacks since it does diminish their belief system.

It truly makes me sad for the families still suffering from this tragedy that they must constantly be reminded of that day by these insensitive "truthers" who are blind to the words staring them in the face.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Except that clearance isn't always accurate for many reasons. Some states deliberately mark them low for when there is snow on the road. Roads get lowered from traffic, a road that's repaved has a short time when that clearance is wrong because they laid the new asphalt over the old, etc.

Not any of that is evidence of a conspiracy, but all of it happens all the time.

Having driven beer truck for 12 years before and during undergrad and law school--mostly in Erie County, Pennsylvania the heart of the snow belt, I can absolutely vouch for this fact. You can never trust the warning signs, especially when you realize the road has been repaved since the sign and measurement was done. This screws truck drivers all the time, because a municipality will repave but forget completely to change the numbers on a bridge. Remember that please the next time you see some "dumb trucker" with his rig stuck under a bridge that was "clearly marked" as to height, lol. . .

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The one time I drove through NYC in a truck it was white knuckles all the way. I was in a 13'6" truck going under overpasses marked 12'9".

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
haha i have seen it all now, the thing that cracks me up is that people see images onlne that could be made at anytime and claim it to be a thing of the past.

mike judge is a legendary cartoonist, me personally i love the guy. I am pretty sure he is not a member of al qaeda nor Illuminati or what ever wacko theory you wanna wap him with .

is the news slow today i mean really come on!
edit on 7-8-2015 by dingdongdoodah because: grammar!

edit on 7-8-2015 by dingdongdoodah because: grammar again doh!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

@ op I hope I'm not derailing your thread, I can drop the bill cooper angle just let me know.

The article is real, what is so difficult to understand.

It was originally written in 1994 but never published and ended up being published at a later date as the OP source clearly explains. The person who says it was fake also quoted the part that in fact explains that the article was real and written in 1994. I'm not sure why everyone has such a difficult time accepting this simple fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

plenty more that are legit

where did you get these photos? you have left no source to prove these was not made before or after 911.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

yep its clearly real my mistake i am too scared to accept that it is . seriously though prove it!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The article is real, what is so difficult to understand.

It was originally written in 1994 but never published and ended up being published at a later date as the OP source clearly explains. The person who says it was fake also quoted the part that in fact explains that the article was real and written in 1994. I'm not sure why everyone has such a difficult time accepting this simple fact.

It's about the picture. The picture is not from 1994. Therefore it has zero significance as a warning. Again. . . FAKE.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Do not forget guys about John R.R. Tolkien. He predict the fall of twin towers in his book in 1954

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The one time I drove through NYC in a truck it was white knuckles all the way. I was in a 13'6" truck going under overpasses marked 12'9".

Ha ha ha, EXACTLY. Because you know YOU are "the idiot" in everyone's mind if the truck hits a bridge. (Just so everyone is clear, I NEVER hit a bridge, lol)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join