It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspectors Find Violations at Four of 16 Planned Parenthood Clinics in Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

"MIAMI (AP) -- Three of the 16 Planned Parenthood facilities inspected in Florida last week were performing procedures beyond their licensing authority, and one facility was not keeping proper logs relating to fetal remains, officials announced Wednesday.

The Agency for Health Care Administration released a report saying clinics in St. Petersburg, Fort Myers and Naples were performing second-trimester abortions when they were only licensed to perform first-trimester abortions. The report also found that a Pembroke Pines clinic was not following its own procedures for the labeling and dating of the disposal of fetal remains."

Please read the entire article, I realize there's a lot of emotions that come up because of this particular subject…
However being that these are some of the first investigations and they're already finding some troubling information it looks like that maybe all this outrage wasn't unwarranted at least at some level.

The investigation investigations just beginning and I'm curious to find out just what we will find out on a nation wide scale

(Source) www.orlandosentinel.com...

edit on 8/7/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The Agency for Health Care Administration released a report saying clinics in St. Petersburg, Fort Myers and Naples were performing second-trimester abortions when they were only licensed to perform first-trimester abortions.

From your source.

Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates Executive Director Laura Goodhue said in a prepared statement Wednesday night that the licensing violations resulted from the AHCA changing its definitions of gestational periods and that the centers were operating in compliance with Florida law.

“In the health centers AHCA reported on we only perform first trimester abortions, which we measure according to accepted medical guidelines and in accordance with Florida regulations as up to 13 weeks and six days from a woman's last menstrual cycle,” Goodhue said in the release. “This, as defined by rules, is still the first trimester. AHCA has never before indicated any different interpretation of this — including at inspections performed as recently as two weeks ago. AHCA's new interpretation is grossly inconsistent with years of previous inspections and outside of both the regulations and accepted medical standards.”

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
**backs away from thread slowly...***

EDIT: Well, so much for that intention...
edit on 6-8-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Goodhue previously noted that Florida doesn't even have a tissue donation program.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

But wouldn't it be fair to say that if the AHCA makes such a change, that the liability absolutely falls on any company providing healthcare to keep up with the changes? Logic dictates that it does, assuming that the change was made readily available for all healthcare-providing companies.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Exactly thank you for answering

Businesses don't get to not comply just because changes are made
edit on 8/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, if they change the rules, of course they're going to me in violation... I have read that the second trimester starts at 13 weeks, 13 weeks and a number of days or 14 weeks...

MITM, Why does the title say FOUR, when the article says three? Where did you get 4?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Three were cited for violating the 1st-term-only authorization, but a fourth was caught not keeping appropriate records concerning fetal remains. It's in the story...and in his quote used on the OP.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Any time regulations are changed you have a certain amount of time to comply then they are in violation

link   
I'd say any business that is investigated, violations will be found.

When you look for violations, you find violations.

FACTS needed. What exactly are the violations? Is it one person, or a confirmed policy'? Is it a minor violation that can be corrected by a policy change, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

FACTS needed. What exactly are the violations? Is it one person, or a confirmed policy'? Is it a minor violation that can be corrected by a policy change, etc.

Did you read the source or??????

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

When asked whether the inspections were politically motivated, he said, “The videos are pretty disturbing. So the right thing to do is to let the public know we are responding by doing an investigation to make sure they are complying with the law. It's against the law to sell body parts.”

And how better to hide it than altering paperwork…

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Annee

Did you read the source or??????

Just a general opinion.

FIRST reports often change.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

But wouldn't it be fair to say that if the AHCA makes such a change, that the liability absolutely falls on any company providing healthcare to keep up with the changes? Logic dictates that it does, assuming that the change was made readily available for all healthcare-providing companies.

I believe the infraction would be a policy violation, because Planned Parenthood was NOT in violation of State Law. If the overseeing body has different regulation than the state laws dictate, you can bet there's gonna be discrepancies.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm still finding this witch hunt on a service that helps so many women and families disgusting.

That's all I have to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I'm still finding this witch hunt on a service that helps so many women and families disgusting.

Me too.

It's campaign time. The GOP can't use gay marriage, so they fall back on controlling vaginas.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I believe the infraction would be a policy violation, because Planned Parenthood was NOT in violation of State Law. If the overseeing body has different regulation than the state laws dictate, you can bet there's gonna be discrepancies.

Yes, I've read several sites now.

Other then one person/facility lousy at paperwork, there is nothing at this time, but questioning a procedural change.

I'm now more interested in how/who changed regulations and why it was not known. Or so it seems at this time.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When asked whether the inspections were politically motivated, he said, “The videos are pretty disturbing. So the right thing to do is to let the public know we are responding by doing an investigation to make sure they are complying with the law. It's against the law to sell body parts.”

And how better to hide it than altering paperwork…

So they didn't warrant an investigation?

The are finding things so apparently it's not totally unwarranted

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

That's all I have to say.

Regardless of your thoughts on PP it doesn't mean they are above regulations.

People can be as pissed as they want but if they are finding issues then shouldn't you be happy they are being brought under proper procedure?

You should be happy they are doing more to protect those women you were talking about shouldn't you?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I do wonder how many other states are following suit in the weeks to come

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join