It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: Tonight's GOP debaters don't care about working people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So is the fix bringing back all the jobs that we have outsourced?

When we are paying MORE for the labor for things than the actual cost to make them.

Jobs are never coming back.

Sanders gets his way we are going to lose MORE jobs.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This is my assessment, too.

The jobs won't come back...we have to make more. And that likely won' thappen as long as the companies making a killing while offshoring are able to strangle competition from those who don't offshore.

Consider this: lets say Dell takes a grand total of 12mil customer calls in a year. Of that, 2mil are private consumers, with the bulk of 10mil being corporate account calls.

To have calls handled int he US will cost you about $0.50 per handleminute (i suspect they sign contracts on production minutes, but whatever...just adjust it to a handleminute basis). Lets say each call lasts about 7 minutes (the average handle time when I trained AOL tech support). That means your private consumer accounts cost you about $7mil/year to handle within the US, the corporate accounts are $35mil more.

Now lets say that I can offshore those same calls for $0.10/handleminute. I use VOIP to reduce my telephony costs, and can transmit my calls to India for about $0.08/minute. If i offshore only my "home" customers, that is a savings of about $4.5mil, or 10% of my entire tech support operation. And im only pissing off the home consumers, which are a ridiculously small portion of my overall customer base. I still keep corporate accounts in the US and maintain my high marks for customer service.

There is HUGE money in offshoring. There is HUGE risk to shareholder dividends if it stops.
edit on 8/6/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And lets not forget one thing...

A lot of the people supporting Bernie and against big corporations have 401ks...

Guess where their retirement money is invested? The evil corporations!

They get to retire at the behest of the evil corporations making record profits. If the corporations don't do well, their retirements are toast.

Most of us are all shareholders in one form or another to these corporations...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Why don't the democrats debate?

Because nobody wants to watch an hour and a half of 5 people shouting "What does it matter?" at each other in response to every question.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bernie has been calling for debates.

Bernie Sanders Calls For Early Presidential Debates With Democrats, Republicans

Bernie Sanders Calls For More Democratic Debates
edit on 6-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Because a lot of people on the Left look for substance and voting records, rather than a dog and pony show where the candidates puff out their chest and lie to each other to show the audience who's man enough to lead the nation.

Does that mean that the voters on the left will see Sanders' voting record and acknowledge that he voted in favor of the ACA, which represents the single largest tax increase on the American working class in the last 100 years? The ACA he so exuberantly voted in favor of doesn't impact Donald Trump and it doesn't phase Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton... it jacks John Q. Workingman's financial hardship to the moon, though. Many of these working class Americans had health insurance they were happy with before the ACA, health insurance they could afford and, more amazingly, health insurance they could afford to use when needed. Now? Not so much.

THANKS BERNIE!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The candidates are on now.

Soon, we will see who is. . . "the Master Debator!".

*snicker*

(see what I did there?)

*giggles*

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Bernie is absolutely correct.

The GOP is morally and ethically bankrupt.

They don’t even give lip service anymore that they give a dam about the poor and middle class

Their just 100 percent dogmatic butt lickers of the rich and super rich

ALL of them are in politics for one reason

To protect the material goods of the elite

GO Bernie

Considering the fact that the last 6 years have been great for the rich getting richer can you explain to me how either democrats or republicans claim the high ground? Can you explain to me when the same wealthy people finance both how they will not benefit regardless? There is no difference, the only difference is that one party successfully sold you an illusion. The other party sold other people people an illusion. In the end there is no difference. Lip service, smoke, and mirrors

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Probably because that was a step in the right direction at the time. But what he's ultimately shooting for is a single payer system of Socialized Health Care.

“What the United States should do is join every other major nation and recognize that health care is a right of citizenship. A Medicare-for-all, single-payer system would provide better care at less cost for more Americans.”

-Sanders

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

You people need to stop thinking of Bernie as a Democrat. He's running on the Democratic Ticket because if you don't run on either the Dems or the Reps you stand zero chance of making it anywhere in the broken American Election Process. That doesn't make him a Democrat though. He's independent.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Does that mean that the voters on the left will see Sanders' voting record and acknowledge that he voted in favor of the ACA, which represents the single largest tax increase on the American working class in the last 100 years?

I'm sure many people on the Left supported the ACA and will find Bernie's record on that vote favorable, yes. It's not something I consider a good quality, since I disagreed with the ACA.

Many of these working class Americans had health insurance they were happy with before the ACA, health insurance they could afford and, more amazingly, health insurance they could afford to use when needed.

The issue is more more complicated than that. There were many factors involved that drove prices up, the ACA being only a small portion of that. Most of the rise is premiums was due to the fear from insurance companies that exchange policies carried more risk, and the risk pool between exchange and non exchange plans was/are shared.

edit on 6-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Too many ambulances needed.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If the election comes down to Bernie Sanders vs Rand Paul, it will be extremely interesting.

I think Clinton will unravel as the scandals with her server and Benghazi continue to stack up.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Bernie has been calling for debates.

Bernie Sanders Calls For Early Presidential Debates With Democrats, Republicans

Bernie Sanders Calls For More Democratic Debates

I think the folks running the DNC don't want Hillary to have to answer questions on stage. She has too many skeletons in her closet that she hasn't answered for so it's easier for them to keep things limited to her scripted speeches at staged campaign events.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
If the election comes down to Bernie Sanders vs Rand Paul, it will be extremely interesting.

I think Clinton will unravel as the scandals with her server and Benghazi continue to stack up.

That would be interesting but I don't think Rand has been chosen to represent his side. It will come down to Trump or Jeb or Scott Walker. That's just my opinion on it anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I agree. Although she can hold her own during a debate and questions for the most part. Not that she'll always have the right answer of course but she knows how to answer or not answer when needed.

It seems their focus for Hillary right now is trying the emotional humanist angle. Which is funny because what that tells me is that they're worried she comes off too harsh and cold and inhuman. Which she does and is IMO. She's another "pollster pleaser" too in that she won't speak about anything until she knows what people want to hear. Then she tell them that.

I think Bernie would smash her in a debate when it comes to the issues. He'd destroy her when it came to just being seen as someone the people could identify with. He's real and comes off as real and genuine. She comes off like a combination of the Wicked Witch of the West and a FemBot (a non-attractive model of fembot).

edit on 6-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

That would be interesting but I don't think Rand has been chosen to represent his side. It will come down to Trump or Jeb or Scott Walker. That's just my opinion on it anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a plan based on who appears to be the Dem front-runner.

If Hillary is the candidate, they'll go with Jeb. If Sanders is the candidate, they'll go with Paul. Something of that sort.

I can't see Jeb winning against Sanders. Bernie will draw a lot of moderates with his solid record of voting in favor of the middle class.

Rand would draw a lot of moderate votes because of his primarily Libertarian viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Maybe. They always have some kind of plan. Bernie still has quite a battle against Hillary tho. Plus she's not above playing dirty politics either and who knows what she'll do to hamstring him.

It seems that Rand is having a rough time of things so far. One minute he's doing good and the next minute the GOP seems to not like the guy anymore. I don't think he falls in line well enough for them to trust him as their lead man. They're looking for a real "yes man" kind of guy. The kind that just does what they're told, takes the media and public backlash and keeps right on going towing the line. There are some areas where Rand just wouldn't do that.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I agree. Although she can hold her own during a debate and questions for the most part. Not that she'll always have the right answer of course but she knows how to answer or not answer when needed.

It seems their focus for Hillary right now is trying the emotional humanist angle. Which is funny because what that tells me is that they're worried she comes off too harsh and cold and inhuman. Which she does and is IMO. She's another "pollster pleaser" too in that she won't speak about anything until she knows what people want to hear. Then she tell them that.

I think Bernie would smash her in a debate when it comes to the issues. He'd destroy her when it came to just being seen as someone the people could identify with. He's real and comes off as real and genuine. She comes off like a combination of the Wicked Witch of the West and a FemBot.

Hillary is a master of deflection and avoiding a straight answer. When she doesn't have a good enough answer, she is very dismissive.

Bernie will absolutely smash her in a debate. The biggest criticism of Hillary has always been her cold nature. People get the impression that she doesn't care about them (because she doesn't.)

She has nothing in her record that suggests she is a "champion of the people" like she's trying to present herself now. She has been a "champion of the highest bidder" because that is what advances her Alinksy-inspired agenda. Hillary is a person who wants the presidency so badly, she would do anything to get there and that is terrifying to anyone who has paid attention to the Clintons' political history.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Because a lot of people on the Left look for substance and voting records, rather than a dog and pony show where the candidates puff out their chest and lie to each other to show the audience who's man enough to lead the nation.

That made me giggle and snort! I really did need that laugh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join