It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's "evil". "Evil, I tell you!". The MANY USES of Hemp

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Reflection

I think that the biggest obstacle you run into are the disingenuous stoner types. They are clouding up the message here. I think some people just want to get high and they use these types of concepts to move their agenda. People just have to call it like it is though. Legalizing marijuana for medicinal use to extract oil is not the same as smoking a joint. I appreciate your civil demeanor in the discussion and also can understand your frustration with the situation. I think we are moving closer to your preferred outcome, just be patient.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker It could easily replace wheat and is much healthier. So there you have it use the wheat fields. Outdoor hemp easily grows to over 10'tall,can be placed relatively close together, and can be bred to increase yields. So you should actually get more yield per sq. ft as well. Not to mention that that same plant that provided you food, also provided the fuel and the lubricant to power the machines that cultivate, transport, and process the hemp.

Shoot even a good percentage of the parts on those machines would also be made from that same hemp. This isn't even considering the fact that hemp can grow in almost any type of soil. The only major requirement is a temperature of between 60-80°F and at least 3-4 months to get 10 ' of growth

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: etombo Hemp can grow over 10 ' tall within 3 months and can be planted relatively close together. It could take the place of wheat as far as food goes and provide many more uses than wheat ever could

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Isn't that possible to eliminate all cotton crops and replace them all with hemp? I bet this would be a huge beginning.

Cotton has no use hemp cannot replace. Or prove me wrong if i am.

Peace out.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigwig22
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Isn't that possible to eliminate all cotton crops and replace them all with hemp? I bet this would be a huge beginning.

Cotton has no use hemp cannot replace. Or prove me wrong if i am.

Peace out.

No. Take a look at the feasibility study I linked earlier. Given it is only Kentucky, there are some caveats, but consider yourself proved wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm astonished that we're debating over a plant? A plant made "illegal" by TPTB, to protect their assets. THAT'S the real deal. People have a beef with smoking weed, while alcohol is highly accepted??? You say: "hemp/marijuana is evil", but it's never killed anyone. Meanwhile, alcohol destroys lives on a daily basis; and it goes completely unchecked? They sell us crap that kills, as they say "Cheers", and no one beefs about it, until a loved one is killed by a drunk driver????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join