It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Clouds in NASA Moon Crossing the Earth Images (EPIC Images)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: D3AD537
You can tell me that clouds are changing but from what im seeing..theyre not. so who are you to say what im seeing is "wrong" ?

Because it is wrong. That is fact, not opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: ngchunter

And to think, that is such a clear picture at a million miles away, exactly, with no stars or other "space-like" stuff in the mix..

Why would there be stars in fast exposures of the daylit earth and moon? I guess you don't know a thing about astronomy or astrophotography. I do.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And to think, that is such a clear picture at a million miles away, exactly, with no stars or other "space-like" stuff in the mix..

Ever heard the term PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPOSURE the correct exposure for the Moon or Earth will be a fraction of a second for stars at same aperture and iso setting a FEW seconds.

Here the Moon with exposure details

1/400th of a second f8 iso 400, Sony SLT A37 with a 300mm lens (heavy crop)

This photo below is taken at f4, 20 secs at iso 3200, 18mm focal length. Orion in the center, Taurus top right and Sirius bottom left.

The aperture in the second shot lets in a lot more light in the iso setting is a lot more sensetive and it still takes a lot more time to show stars .

So now you know.
edit on 7-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wanted to check with astronaut photography from the ISS to see if they took pictures of that area in better detail, but sadly there are no photos from that particular day. There are photos of the eastern Pacific from the following day, and you can see that it was a very cloudy day indeed, with some similar square-ish gaps in the clouds: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's a similar cloud formation over that general area of the Pacific, taken in March this year: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Perhaps it's the way weather systems work in that area, could be due to meeting of warm/cold/wet/dry air.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

And to wonder why the moon isn't rotating..oh, right, its synchronus even though it rotates slower than earth itself. It somehow is able to "spin" at the same speed which makes no sense.

a million miles away and no space debri or "meteors" or "comets" or "asteroids" in the way at all...thats what i mean by clear.

Lets see you attempt to get the same picture they did at the same distance and we'll compare them

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

not to be rude but i already knew that..im talking about other space debri or meteors ,etc

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

hey dont get mad at me for people pushing a heliocentric idea onto everyone. It's not my fault were not allowed to go into "space" and test everything they tell us to be "true".

how is "photoshopping" evidence at all that the pics are real??

You should be upset at the people lying to you, not someone online looking for answers
besides like i said..everyone knows when something is fake im sure im not the only one who is questioning this..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And to wonder why the moon isn't rotating..oh, right, its synchronus even though it rotates slower than earth itself. It somehow is able to "spin" at the same speed which makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense when you read about tidal locking. Earth and the Moon aren't point objects, they are quite large. Their sides that face each other (at any one point in time) experience greater gravitational attraction than sides facing away from each other. This means that when the Moon was spinning relative to Earth, the stronger gravitational attraction on the Earth-facing side of the Moon provided torque that slowed the Moon's rotation down until it was stopped relative to the Earth.

In fact, all the major moons in the Solar System are tidally locked to their planets, showing the same "face" as seen from that planet. So, our Moon is nothing special in that regard. In the Pluto-Charon system, the moon Charon is so big relative to its "planet" Pluto, that both are tidally locked to each other; Pluto is also showing the same "face" to Charon.

Although the Moon is already tidally locked to Earth, the gravitational torque is still in effect because the Earth spins much faster than the Moon orbits it. Thus, the gravitational pull from the side of the Moon facing us is providing torque to the side of the Earth facing the Moon (at any one point in time), slowing the Earth's spin. This is an established effect, which makes every day a teeny tiny bit longer.
edit on 8-8-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I understand..what i'm saying is regardless of which side of the moon is facing us..the earth still spins faster..why isnt the earth spinning faster in the time lapse pics..

The earth spins on its axis at what..according to our space agencies..over 1000 mph...the moon takes about 27 DAYS to rotate on its axis..(IM NOT TALKING ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO ORBIT THE EARTH) its spinning obvisiously way slower.

Earth takes 24 hours for one full rotation on its axis....the moon takes 27 days for one full rotation on its axis..yet in the pic..their both rotating at the same speed??

thats not odd to you??

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: D3AD537

No it doesn't. Please show us that you can see it rotating in the video.

I just looked at it frame by frame, and you can not see any motion of the moon's spin due to the short amount of time (hours) and the moon's spin being measured in days.

The face of the far side of the moon appears static as it moves across the videos FOV.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying. Thing is, in the camera's field of view (which is very narrow, as it's basically a telescope) the Moon travels a very short distance in its 27-day orbit around the Earth. Which is why you hardly see any rotation of the Moon in this time-lapse. But the Earth has spun around quite a bit. I don't have the exact mathematical measurements of how much spinning is observed both on the Earth's and the Moon's part in this time-lapse, but it seems real enough to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

'sigh' i really don't think you're following what im saying..not trying to be rude or anything..

The earth spins at 1000 mph on its AXIS and it takes about 24 hours for one full rotation on its AXIS..(not the orbit around the sun,obviously..that would be a full year..)

The moon takes 27 days(roughly a month) for it to make one complete rotation on its AXIS (im not focusing on the ORBIT cycle around our earth..i think that is where you're not clear as to what im talking about)

Synchronus rotation and tidal clocking make no sense if the earth is "spinning" faster than the moon..that would mean the moon would only take 24 hours to make one complete rotation on its AXIS (not the orbit path) and only 24 hours to make a full cycle around our earth...

btw i never recieved an exact speed at which the moon is spinning..no one will ever get it..theyll make you try and do some "math" to make you figure it out on your own but youll end up confused without any answers..

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Synchronus rotation and tidal clocking make no sense if the earth is "spinning" faster than the moon..that would mean the moon would only take 24 hours to make one complete rotation on its AXIS (not the orbit path) and only 24 hours to make a full cycle around our earth...

The Earth is very massive compared to the Moon, so the tidal locking is currently a one-sided affair (with only the Moon being tidally locked to the Earth, but not the other way round). The Earth keeps spinning like it always did, but its spin is being slowed down by the tidal torque from the Moon. Theoretically, some time in the very far future this process would slow the Earth's spin down enough to make it tidally locked to the Moon, but in reality the Sun will expire before that happens, and the Earth will perish when the Sun becomes a red giant.

btw i never recieved an exact speed at which the moon is spinning..no one will ever get it..theyll make you try and do some "math" to make you figure it out on your own but youll end up confused without any answers..

The Moon's equatorial speed is 4.627 m/s or 16.6572 km/hr. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-8-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you think for one second NASA would release a time lapse showing some sort of classified or other worldly event going on. You're coo coo for cocoa puffs !

Its probably a stagnant high pressure zone over the ocean due to surrounding low pressure zones. Its normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008

not to be rude but i already knew that..im talking about other space debri or meteors ,etc

Large amount of empty space, distance, small targets & short shutter speed YOU do the maths

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

What kind of human activity is occurring on those particular islands? Are some Reichians doing orgone accumulation and cloud busting?

It does look very odd.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No I followed exactly what you said:

Earth takes 24 hours for one full rotation on its axis....the moon takes 27 days for one full rotation on its axis..yet in the pic..their both rotating at the same speed??

And that is false. You can break the video down frame by frame, and you will not see the rotation of the moon's spin in that video. The surface of the moon appears to remain static (unchanging) during it's transit across the FOV of the satellite, due to the short amount of time it was in view.

If anything, the video showed that the moon rotates at a much slower speed than the Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The moon is tidally locked with Earth. So no matter where you observe the moon passing between Earth and your point of view, you will always see the same side.

Standing on the dark side of the moon, you would never even know Earth exists. Since that side of the moon always points out towards the endless expanses of space!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Yes, I'm quite well aware of the fact that the Moon's rotation and it's orbit about the Earth match so that one side of the moon always faces the Earth.

By the way: it's called the Far side. Not the Dark side.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join