It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Clouds in NASA Moon Crossing the Earth Images (EPIC Images)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here is a closeup gif

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If it is shopped, it was NASA that did it.

They probably did!

Anything can happen in a fake montage.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anybody else notice the white triangle right off the sothern tip of Mexico? Or the what looks like letters in the clouds in the far North East of North America? Or,the obvious lack of contrails anywhere. The lack of anything that looks like a city? LA for example has buildings, roads, and landscaping everywhere, grass in almost every spot that isnt concrete, yet in the image it's an amorphous swathe of brown, no rivers, roads, anything but I can see the fine edge of clouds so the resolution is there, the cities are not.

I guess those are just my expectations, right? Not reality

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

To increase the downlink cadence of retrieved 10 - channel image sets, the resolution will be averaged on board to 1024x 1024 pi x e l s re sulting i n spati al sampling at 17 km from pixel to pixel with a resolvable size of 25 km. The time cadence will be no faster than 10 spectral band images every hour.

Source

17 to 25 kilometers per pixel. That's way too big to resolve individual buildings, roads, etc. While roads may be more than long enough, they're not wide enough to be seen with that type of resolution.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Hahahaha!

It's like they forgot about the sun and termination lines on the surface. Watch the moon in the gif, it terminates as it comes into view and at the same distance from the edge of the Earth it terminates as it leaves view, in a perfectly straight line which is impossible on the surface of a sphereoid.

I also see what I thought was the Moons reflection in the still stays inplace on the gif, which would imply it is the Sun's reflection. The moon passes directly through this "reflection" but was not during an eclipse, nor does it brighten any area of the moon.

The image point of view is as if the viewer is in the position of the sun but a lot closer to Earth as if the sun is shining over your left shoulder a tiny bit off center. This should make it obvious that this is NASA trying to pass off a created image as a photograph. I understand that it is 3 images made into a composite so it is truly an edited "unedited" image from the start. Notice I said image and not photograph.
edit on 6-8-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

Eric, what are your thoughts on the termination line on the moon at either end of the gif, or the fact the the Moon's surface doesnt change tone as it moves directly between the Earth and Sun as it passes the Sun's reflection? Or, the fact that shadow angles do not change at all in the craters. When it is a composite of 3 images should we not see 3 shadows in each crater, being that the "photos" were admittedly taken over a period of several hours?
edit on 6-8-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

But individual cities are much larger than 25km, much much bigger for a megalopolis like LA and the California coast which should be other than one brown mass. Sorry Eric, while I respect you, I don't buy it.

I didn't say you couldn't see buildings, I said BIG CITIES.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown

But individual cities are much larger than 25km, much much bigger for a megalopolis like LA and the California coast which should be other than one brown mass. Sorry Eric, while I respect you, I don't buy it.

I didn't say you couldn't see buildings, I said BIG CITIES.

Then take a snap shot of the images. Try to zoom in. Go ahead. Then try to show me where roads and cities should be in that pixelated mess.

EPIC and it's camera was not designed to taken high resolution images of very small areas of the Earth. At 1 million miles away, it was designed to take a look at very large areas of the Earth's atmosphere, land and oceans. Not individual cities or roads. That's not what it was for.

But again, you do not have to take my word for it. Download any image from the satellite and try to zoom in. At a million miles away with a angular resolution of 1.07 arcseconds (Hubble's is 0.05) you're not going to see much detail when it comes to the surface of the planet.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
They're just rocks.

Oh, wait...wrong planet.

Slap Monkey, I felt you deserve to know that that comment provided me with my first smile and laugh this morning, and I haven't had but a sip or two of my coffee yet.

As for the OP, that absence of clouds does look a bit off. Wouldn't be surprised if this was totally natural.

However isn't that a part of the geoengineering conspiracy? Weird chunks of clouds missing or moving around?

Something like that.

To be honest, my heart isn't buying that's the actual dark side of the moon, my brain gets it, but heart, feeling suspicious.............

IDK, too early to be posting...........

-slowly, awkwardly makes and exit..........
edit on 6-8-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not asking for detail, just the idea that the entire area is the same brown. I'll just stick with LA which is hundredS of km across East to West and even more North and South, you can head up the coast from San Diego up and you are in city pretty much the whole way well past LA Proper. In the image it is all brown, and the same brown across the whole area.

We are discussing this image so all of the other's you mention mean nothing, but since you brought it up, lets take the nighttime images of Earth from the ISS. With the lights on you can see how big some cities are. I will not buy a city that size would not at minimum change the tone of dirt, but no it is all the same brown. In the image we are discussing in this thread i can see detail of whispy cloud cover coming to a fine point, but entire cities don't even affect the tone of the Earth? It doesn't make sense to me... but sometimes my brain just doesn't work, so all I have to go by is my history and my expectations. I know NASA has a history of lies, and my expectations are not met in this image, but my expectation of NASA's history ring true.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Johnston Atoll.
High-altitude atmospheric nuclear and/or biological weapons testing continues.
Might be a portal too.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Area of high pressure causing clearing over Hawaii region courtesy of the North Pacific High?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

San Francisco from the same altitude as the ISS, between 180 to 200 miles. Yes, you can see the city and surrounding towns, and even make out roads.

Look at it now from a lot further out:

Remember: this is still a photo mosaic of highly detailed images. Where are the cities and roads?

Russian weather satellite image. Again: where are the cities and roads?

As big as major cities are and as long as major road systems are, they are much too small to see when you get far enough out. The only things that stand out then are large geological areas (water and landmasses), large areas of plant growth, etc.

Here's a thread I did on angular resolution not too long ago, and the ability to see small details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
can someone please comment with the "I'm not saying it's aliens but" pic...always a crowd pleaser

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
a reply to: Spacespider

Hahahaha!

It's like they forgot about the sun and termination lines on the surface. Watch the moon in the gif, it terminates as it comes into view and at the same distance from the edge of the Earth it terminates as it leaves view, in a perfectly straight line which is impossible on the surface of a sphereoid.

The ccd on the camera is SQUARE the TELESCOPE it's attached 305 mm f9.8 was picked so the view of the SUNLIT Earth almost fills the complete ccd sensor.

Now DO YOU understand why you see straight edges, NOW do you understand why it's better to find things out than jump to conclusions

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

What we need is a meme of him saying "NASA Lies!"

I see that so often here on ATS, which at the same time many of us on here turn around and ask "Okay, can you show us proof that they've lied?", which either goes unanswered, or is answered with a subjective opinion (IE no proof), or with the following logic:

NASA is government. Government lies, so NASA lies.

That logical argument makes about as much sense as:

Elephants are grey. Therefore everything grey is an elephant.

I have no doubt that governments lie. They do it all the time.

However, I've yet to see any absolute proof that NASA has. No one seems to be able to show that proof that is completely irrefutable, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Here is a closeup gif

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I downloaded the MOV video from the site and using my video editing software I use to make my YouTube videos (Power Director), I zoomed into the area.

The cloud hole does not look at rectangular as I thought when zoomed in. Still very interesting to look at.

Also: pay attention to the actual clouds, you can see changes in them over time as the video progresses, especially the "whispy" ones:

Thank you very much for making this video! I was hoping someone with editing/video skills would be able to do something like that. Me... not so much

Very interesting how it seems to hold it's shape even as it moves though the Pacific Ocean towards North America.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
They're just rocks.

Oh, wait...wrong planet.

As for the OP, that absence of clouds does look a bit off. Wouldn't be surprised if this was totally natural.

However isn't that a part of the geoengineering conspiracy? Weird chunks of clouds missing or moving around?

Something like that.

I had no intentions of diverting this OP to any geoengineering conspiracies... I am simply intrigued that is all. To be honest, I am not even up to speed with the current geoengineering conspiracies

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

-slowly, awkwardly makes and exit..........

Story of my life

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Glad I could help

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join