It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vlad Tepes - The Gipsy Dragon King

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Vlad Tepes a merovingian king bloodline comes all the way up to Prince Charles but what most dont know is that Vlad Tepes mother was a Gipsy mysticist who was burnt to death.

Vlad's real mother not only had Gypsy blood, but was also a witch. She was burnt to death.

The most fascinating facts about Vlad Tepes in a Top ten list

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I was only slightly obsessed with him during my high school years .... Thanks for the link!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Some may say Charles is a blood sucker...Irony

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Vlad Tepes a merovingian king bloodline comes all the way up to Prince Charles but what most dont know is that Vlad Tepes mother was a Gipsy mysticist who was burnt to death.

Vlad's real mother not only had Gypsy blood, but was also a witch. She was burnt to death.

The most fascinating facts about Vlad Tepes in a Top ten list

Not to be a nit picker here, but I can't find anything that links Vlad Tepes to the Merovingian bloodline. Vlad was of the Draculesti branch of the House of Basarab. See: en.wikipedia.org...
The House of Basarab was closely tied to and related to the Musatins otherwise known as the House of Bogdan-Musat which established the Principality of Moldova c. 1363: See: en.wikipedia.org...

The Merovingians by contrast were Salian Frankish who ruled the Franks for 300 years beginning in the 5th Century AD. see: en.wikipedia.org...

What's interesting though is that when you read about the House of Basarab, you'll see it gave lineage to Princes of Wallachia; which said Princes were "elected" by the council of Boyars. We can read about what a Boyar was at: en.wikipedia.org...

Personally, I think of Boyars as being noblemen by virtue of being landowners who owned serfs.

An important distinction here, in my opinion; the Merovingians under Clovis I, dubbed First King of the Franks, converted to Christianity and was an ally of the Roman Pope, (all this between 466-511), and thus was true "Royalty" by virtue of the concept of Divine Right of Kings. See Clovis: en.wikipedia.org...

The remote origins of the theory are rooted in the medieval idea that God had bestowed earthly power on the king, just as God had given spiritual power and authority to the church, centering on the pope. Thus, Clovis I and the Merovingians may be said to have been of "High Royalty" whereas the dismal "Princes" of Bulgaria, Romania, Poland (including Ukraine) were simply elected by fat landowners known as Boyars and they were typically selected because they'd been successful in military adventures. There are today, legitimate "Royal" families of Bulgaria and Romania, made so by virtue of their connections to, in Romania, the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen dynasty and in Bulgaria, the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Obviously, these truly "Royal" rulers of Romania and Bulgaria were established by virtue of connections to the Austro-Hungarian Empire and German Royal families and were of much later date, i.e, the 1800's. None of this smacks of the Merovingians, although there may be a remote connection through one of the High Royal families of Germany or Austria.

Now......if you really want to get into something bizarrely intriguing and interesting check out:
en.wikipedia.org...
Thought the Bourbon Royals were all dead? Think again! Then see:
en.wikipedia.org...

So, then....lets check out the present day Duke of Parma, Duke Carlos:
en.wikipedia.org...
Of him it is said: "After completing his studies Carlos worked for the company ABN AMRO in Amsterdam, where he was involved with the preparations for the introduction of the euro. He then worked for a while in Brussels as a public affairs consultant for the company European Public Policy Advisors (EPPA). Since 2007 he is engaged in projects concerning sustainability in the business world."

Hmm, I wonder....did he make this years Bildeberger Conference? Perhaps not, but he was represented: see:
en.wikipedia.org...
Ah, yes....his mother was Princess Irene of the Netherlands.
Per Wikipedia, Bildeberg Members include royals from the Netherlands:
Netherlands

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands (1997, 2000, 2006, 2008–2014)[8][better source needed][3][9][10][11][12][13]
Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (1954–1975)[14][15] (deceased)
Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands (2008)[2]
You keep digging and those darned old "Royals" just keep turning up!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Hah, snap, me too, and Elizabeth Bathory!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Great, thx !!!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

She didn't have quite the allure of Vlad, but all things vampire interested me. My dad got me a huge vampire "bible" around that time. I recently came across it, it's just a history of sorts, but it's neat.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Vlad definitely had more appeal, I just loved reading about her though, she was just evil for the sake of it!
I was Vamp obsessed too
well anything supernatural really, weird attracts weird etc

That sounds cool, real history? like the old burial stories or just for entertainments sake?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It covered all things... From Cristabel to Bram Stoker and Christoper Lee and all the mythology and legends of old. I wish I could remember the name of it, but I can't at the moment. The book is huge.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The Christabel poem? I love that poem!
If you get the name, message me it please? it sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What you guys writing about?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Sorry for hijacking Yulka, just some shared love of Vamp stuff!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have to recommend a phenomenal book to the 'readers' among you -

"The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova - It is a work of historical fiction based on the idea...

....that Vlad Tepes might really have been (or still be) an immortal vampire.

While it is quite a long book, I found that once I got into the story it moved along quickly. There is a lot of true history as well as great descriptions of travel to real places.

The funny thing is that this thread just happened to be written at the same time that the book is sitting on my coffee table as I have it out to re-read it!

Seriously though - if you enjoy reading, are interested in history and travel, and have a fascination with Vlad Tepes, you will absolutely love this book.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you, that sounds an interesting one too! if only it was true, the world would be 1000% more exciting.

Noted

top topics

join