It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Native American tribes want to grow their own pot and smoke it, too!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Not at all. It is good education. It is always best to be honest even if it is brutal. You are not being "namby pamby" about it. This issue is about as heavy as it gets. It is the fully documented systematic slaughter of millions and millions of people, so many languages, so many cultures all the way from Alaska to Argentina in the widest sense. It is still such a short time ago and so fresh in the memory of the descendants who are here now. It is still happening in some ways. If a Native American wants to live by their indigenous rights on the reservation they are penalised to the point of Third World status.

Fire away on all cylinders I say. It must be addressed and the anger needs to be expressed positively to communicate this horror of how low humanity can stoop. I'm so glad you are here at ATS to at least represent. It is a privilege to have been able to correspond with you here. A rare opportunity for me being so far away in the UK. Communication is so healthy and we must face up to what we have behaved like as human beings. I wish those horrors could somehow be the ultimate teacher to the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Thanks. These are great experiences for me to read about straight from the horse's mouth. I love it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Good wishes right back @ you & DeathSlayer!!
Please no compliments! Just "denying ignorance" , this topic is close to my heart despite it's complications, twists & turns and conundrums. There are no absolutes, just different native points of view to consider.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

For you Deathslayer and Caver78 and all your peoples:

"They killed us in our tipis
They cut our women down
They might have left some babies
Crying on the ground
But the fire sticks and the wagons come
And the night falls on the setting Sun".

...from some little UK guy who does care about you!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Almost forgot this link for people so inclined.....

aptn.ca...

about it's history
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Video of Russell Means speaking on Native issues, he's no saint, but who is? I've disagreed with some of his views over the years, but deeply respect his accomplishments.
www.youtube.com...

This may not be the "best" John Truedell video, he has many.....
www.youtube.com...

He has tirelessly been a Native and HUMAN ACTIVIST.....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

edit on 6-8-2015 by Aurora7z because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2015 by Aurora7z because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aurora7z

Amazes me still that the tobacco industry took over the hemp industry,this whole regime against herb reminds me of a abusive parent saying no when their kids are pointing to the healthiest candy in a sweet shop.
Actually, it was the Oil industry that took over the hemp industry.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Actually,hemp as a whole was the crop that America was made of. At a time it was ILLEGAL to NOT grow hemp. It is arguably (hint) the most useful plant known to man. Ah but what about your point about oil,I am unclear as to what definition of oil your implying.Anyway I disagree,it was took over because rich men wanted to stay rich.

Alas

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Anyway I worded the 1st wrong,I meant took over in terms of something to smoke, tobacco butted heads with it for 2 centuries until it was abolished.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Then set up a pizza place next to it and watch profits go through the roof .

Add to that milkshakes and pancakes and a cinema with good horror and comedy films, perhaps also a gaming centre, a recreation centre and loads of parks...oh and pot accessories store...almost like a pot disneyland...now you can also charge for the tickets....hmm I wonder how they have not come up with this yet. Loads of $ to be made out of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They're actually ruled by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, which is part of the BLM. They can't do anything without US government say so. Several very bad things could happen to them if they did. Funding could be cut. Treaty money disappears. You name it. The US wouldn't give them self government. According to the government, they're not even sovereign nations-well, depending on how the government wants to interpret that. I'd suggest reading something by Vine Deloria, jr. He does a good job of untangling the whole complicated mess.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks SM! You did a much better job of explaining than I did!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
You're welcome. It is a complicated mess and very hard to explain. I'm glad it made sense to someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join