It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you explain 'the truth movement' to a child?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Suppose a child asked you to explain 'the truth movement' to them, what would you say?

When I was growing up I expected adults to be honest and forthright. I certainly would have expected that from governments and other authorities, how about you?

I heard a statement recently that kind of sums up how most children would probably see "the truth movement" (paraphrasing):

"You don't get anything special for telling the truth. Telling the truth is what you're supposed to do."

I hope children see the world that way. How would you explain to a child why a "truth movement" is needed and would that explanation destroy their view of the world? If I had access to today's "truth movement" media when I was a child, I would have grown much faster in terms of understanding the world. On the other hand, I would have probably become a little too cynical and jaded a little too fast too.

To explain "the truth movement" to a child, I would just tell them the truth. We need a truth movement because powerful people and groups lie a lot and the truth about their lies must be known.

If the child's smart they'll learn that eventually, I think the sooner they know the better. If that makes them too cynical and jaded too soon, that's unfortunate but keeping the truth from them is worse in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The same way you explain other horrors to a child. Be honest when they ask, but don't start spouting off about it until they're ready or it comes up naturally.

Really the last thing a child needs is to learn about all the terrible things that exist in the world. Let them enjoy their childhood.

If the child is precocious enough to start asking about politics and who's pulling the strings, they're probably smart enough to handle what they learn.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 6-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Start with economics, then politics, then science, then history.

Then they'll be able to see the picture.

It's nothing short of a normal education -except nowadays people who receive a normal education aren't also taught to question everything.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Who actually knows the truth? I know what I believe, but there is a reason to doubt it. I believe there is always a possiblity for something outrageous in our perspective to be proved as true by scientists, things that defy physics and biology and mathematics and so forth. So I really don't hold anything as truth, it's just observation since nothing can ever really be proven. Atomic weight of chemicals is not the same on any other planet, so it's not the true weight, it is how it is measured under certain conditions-as an example. There is no truth. Noone could tell e an absolute truth that is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. No being of this planet are capable of knowing the truth behind anything; they may think they do but there is always an outlier. Whether it be within their own mind, or a belief system brought out by someone else to manifest in their mind.

I am the person that is as honest as I can be with my son, I lay it thin when it needs to be thin since he is young, but if he keeps questioning me, I layer that batter onto that pancake of a mess.

The thing is, when it comes to science and history that is outside of my own experience and (testable researched) knowledge I like to give him options. I say one side of the story and the other side as well. I may sway to one side rather than the other and spend more time on it if I know more about it, but, I like to bring up both sides. And once he can legitamately read, then he can go at it himself and discover what ever he wants

But seriously, I think that there is no truth unsless you lived it, and still it is hard to remember all the minute details and parties involved. Sure you can believe scientists for so long, but it isn't too long until there is a discovery that disproved much of what you have been told, therefore what is truth and what is presumption?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Start with economics, then politics, then science, then history.

Then they'll be able to see the picture.

It's nothing short of a normal education -except nowadays people who receive a normal education aren't also taught to question everything.

There is no natural order to teach a person the way to thinHow can you teach economics before teaching history? It doesn't fit and wouldn't make sense unless you knew history in order to decieve the way it was conceieved. Same goes with politics. How can you understand economics if you didn't understand mathematics? How could you understand science and then study history and see such a counterblanace of ideas that would make you want to disbleive in history? Why would you study politics when you could study history and then see that it is politics that ruin nations?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"This is what happens when people think they are far smarter than they actually are. This will probably happen to you one day too."

I sort of just went off of "Truth movement" and lumped every conspiracy nut in there since you didn't really specify what you meant by "truth". But that's typical.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I struggled with this one with my kids. e.g. when do you omit to tell someone something such as X is sc..wing your wife? Omission is also linked to truth but it could do so much damage if you were truthful and the messenger is always shot.

I went down the 'simple road' tell your family the truth always, although kids know automatically when one has stopped off at the pub for a quick one and tries to 'hide' when questioned by the wife when late,which always compromised me. I also covered CYA but I left that one for when they were teens etc because unfortunately it has to be learned.

They were already well familiar with my views on politicians, institutions especially the religious, the police, some teachers, estate agents and my list of dubious dodge pots never to be trusted. The only thing I did was to make them think and decide for themselves over these matters.

I didn't find the truth 'movement' upset our kids when they were young, what did was if they saw something like domestic violence on the tv or elsewhere, or one of their friends getting hurt or sad over something. Kids are pretty resilient in the main.

I hate to say this as its sad, but in today's world sometimes telling the truth is not an option.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

To explain "the truth movement" to a child, I would just tell them the truth. We need a truth movement because powerful people and groups lie a lot and the truth about their lies must be known.

If the child's smart they'll learn that eventually, I think the sooner they know the better. If that makes them too cynical and jaded too soon, that's unfortunate but keeping the truth from them is worse in my opinion.

If the way you tell "truth" is making lies/deception seems superior and making people lose hope in truth, then it's not a movement of truth. It's a movement that supports lies.

Whose "truth" are you telling?

A true truth movement creates a movement of truth; motivation, celebration, faith in the goodness of truth. It doesn't make truth seem hopeless and defeated.

edit on 6-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I tried teaching my little half brother and sister about the propaganda & BS in MSM. Pretty sure they just agreed with me just to avoided confrontation though..

To be completely honest, I think they were convinced the government always knows whats best and that I'm just some mental ill crazy person. I gave them that doco 'The day before disclosure' to watch, but it just scared the s# out of them according to my mum.

I'm at a lost for words, to be honest.... kind of just glad I don't have children of my own, to mess up with my personal delusional philosophies for whats life's about.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I tried teaching my little half brother and sister about the propaganda & BS in MSM. Pretty sure they just agreed with me just to avoided confrontation though..

To be completely honest, I think they were convinced the government always knows whats best and that I'm just some mental ill crazy person. I gave them that doco 'The day before disclosure' to watch, but it just scared the s# out of them according to my mum.

I'm at a lost for words, to be honest.... kind of just glad I don't have children of my own, to mess up with my personal delusional philosophies for whats life's about.

Schools and teachers can have the same effect. The teachers rammed it into us about nuclear war, made us read George Orwell "1984" and Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich". Life was never going to be the same after that. It definitely all had a profound effect upon my developing brain psychologically.

I am wondering what you mean by "The Truth Movement"? Do you mean 911 Truth, Alex Jones, David Icke, Michael Moore and the like? No, I would not want to tell my children about these people. It would be for them to find later in life for themselves.

We get fed all this # and then realise how powerless we are to actually change anything. It seems a bit like torture to me. I think I would have been a lot happier not knowing all this darkness that I can do nothing about.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I wouldnt say anything, a childs mind is very susceptible to any kind of information. The primary schools main object isnt to learn about aspects on life but to teach the idealism in which the majority of society falls under. If a childs mind is curious to learn more about life, be careful, to much information can damage any social skill set in the future. The way i see it,when you are in your 30s start learning the truth, not just knowledge but to understand it also.

The world of our youngsters cannot be dark, cause its their future, make it a fantasy instead, they are more happier that way.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Why do you want your family to know? Arent they happier not knowing?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Theology, Philosophy, Science and History. And you got yaself a monster.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Sorry Mr Right but that's how I'd do it. Not in that exact order.. but that's what I teach my kid. It's not absolute, you can understand bits of each then get your own idea of what's going on.

I also advise my child to stay away from turgid forums like this one. Keyboard warriors are bad for the soul.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Why do you want your family to know? Arent they happier not knowing?

Yeah true, ignorance does seem to be bliss. I've been starting to realize this basic fact in my old age (early thirties). lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My girlfriend's 10 year old son watches the news with us sometimes. He'll ask questions and sometimes it upsets him so we ask him why he thinks somebody would want him to be upset, what happens when you make a lot of people angry and how the person causing it might be able to use that to their benefit. He's a pretty astute kid.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Trust, but verify.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Truth is not a movement. Truth is the center. Lies and deceit represent the "movement".

Teach children about memes and operatives. --what they are, how they reproduce, how they defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I tell my kids that authority is out to screw you, so you have to keep your back to the wall. The "truth movement" is a dead ship. But...we all know our government is screwing us. We all know it, even the folks who pretend to play partisan politics. Matter of fact, I believe the most partisan people are the ones deepest in denial about the screwing they're receiving.

I'd start small: avoid authority. Especially police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join