It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police detained thousands of black Americans at interrogation facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well here's a bombshell about that "alleged" big time detention center in Chicago called "The Warehouse" (Homan Square).

We heard this a few months ago and it died because the political machines running Chicago called the dogs in and buried the whole thing.

Not it seems somebody filed a FOIA request and even got a court order for some detailed information about this place.

Ironically, the outfit that got the goods is (wait for it...)

The Guardian (what a name eh)

Guess what. The stories are apparently true complete with "suspects" being detained (almost) indefinitely and (true to Chicago form) even being (usually) denied lawyers who can't be there to stop people from admitting to crimes and who knows what else.

Can you spell "Miranda" backwards yet? Well they do around Chicago.

The story is wild and remember, Chicago is big Democrat since way back to the 1930s. No excuses left this time.

Needless to say of course is the fact that something like 80+% of the targeted "criminals" are (wait for it ...)

Black.

And besides, the Mayor is none other than big downtown Obama buddy Rahm Emanuel.

You remember Rahm right? Yes, he's the brilliant genius that coined the famous phrase (wait for it ...)

You never let a serious crisis go to waste.

And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

-Rahm Emanuel

^^^^^^ Take that to the bank.

The Guardian had to sue for the paperwork. Any meathead would think the Chicago downtowner blisterheads would have had enough time to get rid of the evidence?

Boy did they screw this up.

Lots of witnesses coming forward.

Looks like Democrat Chicago gets the Blue Ribbon for "Police State of the Decade" award.

Who needs militarized police when you got the Chicago Democrat Model?

No comment yet from the White House about the Big House.

At least 3,500 Americans have been detained inside a Chicago police warehouse described by some of its arrestees as a secretive interrogation facility, newly uncovered records reveal.

Of the thousands held in the facility known as Homan Square over a decade, 82% were black. Only three received documented visits from an attorney, according to a cache of documents obtained when the Guardian sued the police.

Despite repeated denials from the Chicago police department that the warehouse is a secretive, off-the-books anomaly, the Homan Square files begin to show how the city’s most vulnerable people get lost in its criminal justice system.

Chicago Chicago

Frank Sinatra - Chicago

edit on Aug-05-2015 by xuenchen because: Holy Cow

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
The Chicago crooks er I mean cops have always been brutal and above the law. The only law those thugs know is their own. Remember the '68 Democratic convention?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

The Chicago crooks er I mean cops have always been brutal and above the law. The only law those thugs know is their own. Remember the '68 Democratic convention?

That and the King riots....

Another great quote from another famous Chicago Democrat....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
As this is an ongoing concerning continuation of the original news on it. Yeah, it's been dead quite except for the exposing of info from the original source. Hopefully the lawsuits revealing can bring more attention especially because of how it was dismissed initially and how a lot of these injustices continue.
edit on 6-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Maybe people should form a human chain around that place and protest, switching out 3 groups in 8hr shifts, to at least record and document who comes and goes, and how long people stay in there, if not just block anyone from entering entirely. Refer officers with detainees to a Proper legal facility, or insist they be accompanied by a witness or attorney.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The Guardian had to sue for the paperwork. Any meathead would think the Chicago downtowner blisterheads would have had enough time to get rid of the evidence?

All they had to do was ask Hillary to take care of the paperwork...silly people

So if this place is for real how many others are there in other cities i wonder ?.....
edit on 6-8-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if other cities have such sites.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Makes me wonder if other cities have such sites.

New York City had one for the 2004 Republican National Convention.
Minneapolis/St. Paul had one for the 2008 Republican National Convention.
Pittsburgh had one for the G20 summit in 2009.

Anywhere they want to make dissidents disappear for a while seems a likely spot for one.
But at least we don't have FEMA CAMPS, thank God!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They need to go over to Ferguson and fill up a few truckloads. Then detour and pick up Al Sharpton and Farrakhan.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm confused. Is this issue about the potential violation of rights by the police? Or are we more concerned about making an irrelevant, politically-partisan, agenda-driven point?

It seems that the OP is no different that Rahm himself in that they never let a good crisis go to waste. Gotta make it all about politics, don't we?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It appears that both seem to be an issue.

If there was a story that came out about an interrogation facility in Alabama(or really any place other than Chicago) that detained thousands of blacks, this story would be getting much more attention.

The political ties are really hard to ignore in this case.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

How would you distinguish everything involved?

Or, how would you separate.

The police command levels in Chicago directly reflect the political atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

If there was a story that came out about an interrogation facility in Alabama(or really any place other than Chicago) that detained thousands of blacks, this story would be getting much more attention.

I don't know if it would be a bigger story or not. I was addressing the fact that the racial aspect was sort of tossed to the side, only being mentioned once in the OP, and attention was directed specifically towards Democrats, Obama and Rahm.

Therefore we can conclude that the OP felt the bigger issue was politics and had to make sure that "crisis didn't go to waste" and downplayed the racial injustice that may have occurred here.

Not really. The police chief is a hard-nose former New Yorker that is known for being anti-union and has had many battles with unions.

That doesn't fit the typical Democrat model, does it?

My point is that this issue needs to be addressed and political posturing before the debate begins does not help address the issue.

It just shows that you, like Rahm, will not let any good crisis go to waste, and that you are not interested in righting wrongs done by the police. Your agenda is to make anything and everything political against the Left.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Anti-constitutional acts would only occur in a police-state where the controlling central authority constantly disregarded the laws meant to protect from this sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

As an independent who hates partisan politics, I have no bias here. Honestly, the bickering back and forth is beyond nauseating.

That being said, I think the headline is 50% of the focus. Since title of the thread focused on the race issue rather than the political issue, I don't see much of a problem here.

Since Xuenchen posts a lot of politically charged stories, I can understand where you would view it the way you are. However, we really need to move beyond that way of thinking. When you view every story through a biased partisan lens, you tend to miss out on what really matters.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Superintendent was appointed by the Mayor.

You actually think Rahm Emanuel (or any past Mayor) appoints people that are against anything Rahm Emanuel wants or has "downtown orders" to do?

Chicago is famous for "bringing in" people to do the downtown work.

Two extra famous "downtowners" that were "brought in" are Al Capone and Barack Obama.

People born here or come as young children are called "froma".

That's old Sicilian slang lingo, "you froma here?"

Not joking.

You would need to live here before you can understand fully.

Yes, this is political 100%.

The race issue is important, and is a good topic for the Social Forum.

Go for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

When you view every story through a biased partisan lens, you tend to miss out on what really matters.

As an independent myself, I agree. What matters here is the fact that some people's rights are apparently being violated, but that is being drowned-out by a politically-partisan agenda.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think both sides of the story can be addressed without one side drowning out the other. The main problem I see is that this story doesn't seem to be getting much attention no matter what side you are concerned with.

That is the main point I was trying to make, and I think that also ties them together.

You are obviously more concerned with the civil rights side of this story, which is understandable. If this story/issue was suppressed and actions not taken due to political ties, wouldn't that make you upset?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Please feel free to highlight the important parts.

It's OK to not view this as political.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

When you view every story through a biased partisan lens, you tend to miss out on what really matters.

As an independent myself, I agree. What matters here is the fact that some people's rights are apparently being violated, but that is being drowned-out by a politically-partisan agenda.

I agree with you...it shouldn't be about politics. The way to make that happen is to discuss it from a nonpolitical angle.

edit on 8/6/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join