It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wise words from Bob Marley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is my all time favourite Bob Marley quote... If you can find one better please share it.

"It's not easy, you know? It's not very easy, because to some people belly full. You know? Them protest for the system, they will fight for the system... Because them cool, them belly full... But you have a lot of hungry people now where them could have full them belly, if them want, them could have fight for the system and full them belly but them prefer remain hungry and fight for freedom more than for those giant fellas that belly full. You know what I mean?"

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

We elect and let the least visionary, creative and resourceful people among us. We allow ourselves to be controlled by people that share nothing with the common man.

The people that can change the world are unfortunatley the furthest away from the bad news. People that can read and access the internet have it better than so many on this planet -- but we don't do anything. We don't change.

We talk, and talk -- and yet we allow the value of the human individual to diminish. The average human being doesn't matter anymore. We're just cogs in an infinite machine. We're told we're not important and made to feel insignificant.

What this world is in dire need of is people that care. We are in desperate need of creative people that care. We need to fight back against the dehumanizing values that the corporations and governments of the world pass along as control mechanisms.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure everything Bob Marley said were wise words. But you picked some good ones. You know what I mean?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The majority of people born to this earth will live a relentlessly pointless existence, they'll battle day in day out for there entire existence just to make ends meat and will live there entire lives struggling and hoping for something better... Well a select few will live there lives wealthy and happy, with the delusion that they are somehow more significant, than the rest.

But at the end of the day... we all die, no matter what your social status is, and its almost never a pretty experience either. Doesn't matter how rich or poor you are!

But anyway... "Don't worry about a thing, because every little thing, is gonna be alright".... in the end.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Actually I prefer Jimmie Cliff's philosophy. "Live your life each day as if it was your last, AND live your life each day as if it was forever". Seems like a paradox but it's not.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I'm pretty sure everything Bob Marley said were wise words. But you picked some good ones. You know what I mean?

This.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom Reject Unam Sanctam. 2nd line.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
a reply to: MystikMushroom Reject Unam Sanctam. 2nd line.

Something to do with the Pope?

Not sure I'm following you here, as I'm pretty much an atheist. Other people can play around with religion.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul.
Wisdom is better than silver and gold."

(Zion Train)

"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned,...
Everywhere is war.
Me say war.

That until there no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation. Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes,...
Me say war.

That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all, without regard to race,...
Dis a war.

That until that day the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, and the rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained,...
Now everywhere is war,... war."

(Speech by Haile Selassie I)
(Put to song by Bob Marley)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I should have posted this in the opening post. But here you go:

MUST WATCH

new topics

top topics

join