It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: Why I Won't Be Watching the First GOP Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Today I sound off on why I won't be watching the first GOP primary debate. Why would you care about this debate unless you are a Republican? All it is is media hysterics so the media gets ratings. It’s done for your entertainment value...They’re going to get the questions ahead of time. They’re going to know every question and answer before they even go in there, and they’re going to be reading their answers off cue cards or teleprompters.

edit on 5-8-2015 by JesseVentura because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Then don't watch. I like to see the first toe-wetting as they step into the pool.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
You watch it like you'd watch the Super Bowl
Dyer know what I mean?

# 488

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I will have to admit, that these are no more debates as they are scripted TV series with plot twists.

It's a bunch of people who want to not mess up so they won't be real, just scripted drones trying to make headlines.

Want a real debate? Have these same folks go in a townhall meeting and answer questions from the public... We'd know who to vote for at the end of such a ordeal, they'll be the one who's lips move and truth comes out.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm going to maybe watch after it happens just to see how each one acts. I don't give to squirts of ... who is finale republican as Mr.Ventura stated in the video same wtih the Dems , I would rather them announce they are running but remove any party affiliation during the running any emblem and what have you so you are voting on the person not party.

To bad the votes didn't count. Electoral voting shouldn't be there since they don't follow what the people want.

This country needs a change, needs to be away from Dem and GOP.
If I had the cash / followers, I would run myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My bet is that Trump will try to outburst everyone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Can’t blame you on that, Jesse. It’s ridiculous that the campaigns are already in swing. By the time Nov 2016 comes around I’ll be so sickened by the whole pack of mud-slinging, lying, back-stabbing, foaming-at-the-mouth, self-serving SOB’s I’ll feel cheapened somehow just placing a vote. Politics leaves a foul taste in my mouth these days.

However, I’m not sure yet, but I may tune it in for a short time. Not that I give a sh-t what any of their positions are on the issues - I already know that, and it turns my stomach. I just have this masochistic desire to see if it turns into a 3-ring circus. Have you ever done that before? Channel-surfed and then stopped on some station showing the crappiest movie ever made, and it’s so bad that you become paralyzed in total shock, unable to take your eyes off it? I have a feeling all the potential’s there for this to be one of those magic moments. A classic case of Bad TV.

At any rate, it’s no less than obscene all the money involved in these campaigns. It’s blatently obvious these candidates are bought and paid for. And that goes for both Republicans and Democrats. This whole scenario is exactly what the founders of this country fought a revolution to prevent. Their worst nightmare (corporate takeover) is unfolding now, some 240 years later...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You mean it's rigged like Pro-Wrestling?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
For anyone interested probably better off waiting for the circus's highlights(if any rather than Trump's big mouth) after the show. Watch the Rand vs Trump segment maybe. Guess there are fun things during watching such as signs(making fun of Santorum) that were snuck in and the alphabet news airing them without knowing it during one of them in 2012.
edit on 6-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join