It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You're Banned From ATS??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

however - i will say - ban club is chock full of LOLZ

Lol, well, inquiring minds want to know MORE, LOLZ and all!
(staying within the T&C's, of course)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Phage has a lot of fans it seems . Comments below are from the website . Is it down right now . I deleted their names . lol .

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
appears down..... carrrrrrrrrrn I need a Phage fix!
Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Costa Mesa, California
lol Phage needs a Phage fix!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

What Happens When You're Banned From ATS?

A new account.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I once received a usermessage from an occasional poster on my threads who told me he had just been banned, by usermessage from a Mod.
Evidently he had the power to send messages, at least, until he logged off.
Or it may have been a postban, with a warning that it would be converted into a full ban later. He did receive the full ban, anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You really get that picture when you are banned?

Small things make some people happy I guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: rexsblues
a reply to: Wookiep

After you're banned every time you attempt to log on, your web cam is hacked and a secret thread automatically generates for mods only who sit and laugh as you silently curse them for banning you. I think they offer a banned member bloopers DVD to some of the highest donors.

LOL, oh boy, I hope not!

Oh, a fellow naked ATS browser....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well... other folks have covered the "how can you tell if you're banned" part, so I'll speak about the "what happens next" part.

First, there are two different kinds of bans as has been mentioned. If you're post-banned then you can't post to the board until the issue you're having has been resolved with the staff member who post-banned you. Your account is still intact though. You're basically put into a "read-only" mode until things are settled.

Second is the permanent ban in which your account has actually been terminated. That's when you'll see the page with the creepy old man etc. In that case you can't read the boards either. If you clear cookies then you can view the board as a guest again. I always suggest that someone who has been banned reach out to us. If you use the "Contact ATS" link at the bottom of every page, or alternatively send an email to "contact AT theabovenetwork DOT com" you'll reach the owners and senior administration and can open a dialogue with us about what happened.

More often than not people are given a second chance. Of course there are some cases where the ban will be upheld and permanent such as someone who's far beyond their second or third chance, spammers, repeated intentional hoaxers, and of course anyone who threatens a fellow member, a member of staff or the ATS community in general. Those bans will never be lifted. So yes, the fellow who keeps signing up on a daily basis and telling us that he hopes ATS staff all get cancer and die... you're not coming back *waves*. (Had you reached out like a normal person and discussed your problem with us, you probably would have been reinstated, but to each their own).

There are some long term members here that have been banned and spoke to us and were reinstated, I'm sure some wouldn't be shy to say that.

The bottom line is it's a big site, not everyone is going to get along perfectly, and based on the subject matter we discuss here sometimes people get very upset and say things they don't mean. It's never too late to talk to us and try to reach an understanding. Unless someone fits into the categories I listed above it's always worth a shot to drop us a line and see what can be done.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

!! That's all i can really say !

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Or they send the boymonkey to drive you bonkers until you run and hide (ban yourself)!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You just made me think about the sites that monitor what you write first before it is posted. I wonder if members here would prefer that ATS censure them first or if they like being able to respond in real time format.

This is an interesting dilemma. On the one hand save us from ourselves so we don't do something stupid and get banned or we can actually be smart and read what we say before we hit send, hmmm.

Not really a dilemma for me, you give us a preview button, the reply button has to be clicked on, gee if someone is really determined to get banned it is really up to them. If their behavior is such that ATS thinks they need to be gone, 2nd chances are fine but really the only thing that happens I bet is those same people eventually get banned again.

ATS is not stupid though. Listen, all being banned does is give someone a reason to create another id and start over again. The Internet is full of so many people that like to role play and the challenges of "putting something over" on someone, I seriously doubt anyone really cares if they get banned.

In fact, I bet most of the one's that do get banned, did it on purpose.
edit on 8-6-2015 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They send a hit man round your house.....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

That's funny! Shouldda known them boys would do it with a certain flair!

*what they don't tell you is Bill and Mark are twins and that is their actual picture!
Muhahahaha

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the post Djarums. You really gave quite a clear and complete answer to the OP!

(sorry for the late response, just got home)
edit on 6-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm glad to have been able to help.

Honestly, I feel like the process of what leads to a ban, what happens when banned, and what happens afterwards has long been one of the most misunderstood aspects of ATS.

I'm happy I was able to shed some light on the process and hopefully take away some of the mystery or misconceptions.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
I'm glad to have been able to help.

Honestly, I feel like the process of what leads to a ban, what happens when banned, and what happens afterwards has long been one of the most misunderstood aspects of ATS.

I'm happy I was able to shed some light on the process and hopefully take away some of the mystery or misconceptions.

Of course , because its hard to find transparency on the issue. Your post here was the the most detailed incite into the whole banning process i have seen on ATS. I have been around for many moons and i'ill leave at that . I strongly feel Dj that you should create a thread about this . It might help members to fully understand ATS's position . I didn't know until this thread that members could possibly get their accounts back.

Thanks again for your post !

Kap

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I disagree. Only in the sense that un-informed posters should be directed to THIS thread regarding anything involving being banned on ATS.

Djarums addressed the OP so well here, that there is no reason anyone should be directed to any other thread!

edit on 7-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Or they send the boymonkey to drive you bonkers until you run and hide (ban yourself)!

Mahahahaha I am a weapon of mass distraction after all

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What Happens When You're Banned From ATS?

You know those snickers ads "your not you when your hungry"...well it is a little like that basically after the ban you start to look and sound like Alex Jones....

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I disagree. Only in the sense that un-informed posters should be directed to THIS thread regarding anything involving being banned on ATS.

Djarums addressed the OP so well here, that there is no reason anyone should be directed to any other thread!

Well , people would have to sift through the pages to find his post , besides a thread by a mod would get waaay more Attention . That's just the way the ship turns at ATS , Whats wrong with getting it out their for everyone to see ?

spread the love !

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

My opinions, many expressed here, have gotten me banned at every forum ive been a member. I am honest, civil, and love everyone, although i do get passionate sometimes. One of the reasons i joined here is...

They can seperate the opinions from the arseholes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join