It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan is a Horrible, Awful Country that Doesn't Matter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
A few pretty pictures and nice stories somehow absolve a country of it's evils.

Pretty much, but that's what some people want you to think. People who I know that from Pakistan themselves say it's not the best place to be, and nothing wrong with thinking that.

The people who are all out racist and using hyperbole when they say "lets drop a nuclear bomb on them" or something like TS suggests are most likely fully aware of their own hyperbole but still say it anyway because they're racist and in the company of fellow racists that facilitate such views.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Pakistan is a lot like India, don't tell them that though, not a fan of the caste system but hey it is not a bad country.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Are the people monsters, probably not willingly in most cases but when the radicals crack the whip its probably the difference between staying alive and going along with it or being tossed to the baying crowd..

That is a very ignorant comment. You have a lot to say about the heart and minds of the people based on being spoon fed your geopolitical rhetoric without ever going there for yourself. That is bloody ignorant. It's ok...getting used to navigating this site. You guys walked this Earth longer than some of us and yet, here you are, still none the wiser....

the Radicals whom have the biggest following simply create the monster the world sees

Propaganda does that to those who lack the ability to discern truth. Whose to blame for the world's view of nations such as America...?

Is the West better, only in the fact that we are more civil about it all and we choose to live in the present and not some distant gone centuries ways, otherwise the corruption and the wanton violence is there, its just not officially sanctioned under a religious fraternity.

Thanks for the laugh!

ETA:

I RARELY return to a thread --- I post what I have to say and go.

That's ok....
edit on 7-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
Did that title grab your attention? Good, it was designed to. I apologize for the "click-bait".

That title is the mindset that many of us have towards Pakistan, other "-stans", or just the Middle East in general.

"Turn it into a parking lot!"

"Who CARES about them? Leave them to rot!"

I could go on, you get the picture.

A man named Brandon started a project in 2010 to document the lives of many people in New York, called Humans of New York (or just HONY for short).

Recently, Brandon went to Pakistan to show the lives of people there. This is just some of his work, along with the captions from when he interviewed these people. This shows, in my opinion, a DRASTICALLY different view of Pakistan than what the talking-heads on TV will have us believe.

These aren't just a bunch of terrorists.
Not a bunch of savages.
They are every bit as human as you and I.

"I'm forty years old, and she still can't fall asleep unless I'm home safe at night."
(Karachi, Pakistan)

"What are you doing?"
"Nothing."
(Karachi, Pakistan)

"When I'm bored, I call up Radio Pakistan and request a song, then I start dancing. I'll even dance on a rainy day. It's my way of expressing how grateful I am. I am the happiest man in Pakistan."
(Passu, Pakistan)

“This is the worst time of my life. I have two brothers. A few years ago, one of them was diagnosed with polio. And he can’t walk anymore. And last year, my other brother got a brain tumor. And he can no longer remember my name. So one brother needs me to be his legs. And the other needs me to be his mind. My father is too old to work, so I support us all on a soldier’s salary. If something happens to me, there will be no hope for any of us.”
(Hunza Valley, Pakistan)

“He’s a very respectful husband. He’s different from a lot of the men in this region. He never stops me from voicing my opinions. And if he ever notices me walking down the road, there’s always hot tea and apricot cake waiting when I arrive.”
(Passu, Pakistan)

"I just found out we've been evicted. Right after you leave, I'm going to start packing up. I've got to find my family a new place to live by tonight. The landlady is a good woman. She's just in a tough situation. Her disabled son lost his home. I'll handle it. I've been through worse."
(Hunza Valley, Pakistan)

"What's your favorite thing about your sister?"
"Her happiness."
(Hunza Valley, Pakistan)

There are so many more pictures to see, I urge all of you to go look at them at his website or facebook and see the stories for yourself.

For all of the corruption that is in Pakistan's government,
For all of the terrorists that her borders harbor,
She is filled with many more loving, beautiful people.
I have travelled to Pakistan and stayed there for 17 days.I loved it and would go back in a minute.It is a great country.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just cannot help thinking about that Christian couple beaten nearly to death, then burnt to death in a brick kiln, in Pakistan, by the way, its only in the past week the police have started to arrest the perpetrators, the deed took place months ago.
There are many other instances of Christians being murdered.

<< 1  2   >>

join