It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan is a Horrible, Awful Country that Doesn't Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Very nice thread , Tnx for sharing .

Pakistan - just like any other 3rd world country - has her own issues . for pakistan it's sectarianism .

but here is the thing , pakistan has a population of 180 mil. in which 99.99999% is consisted of ordinary people whose only concern is having a decent life .

they are not terrorists , thugs , criminals or cheaters . they are what you are : Humans .

if we could just put past our disgusting habit of judging people by the amount of money they own , only then we'll be able to see the realities of pakistan , afghanistan and all them poor countries .

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Lovely insight, my friend.

but here is the thing , pakistan has a population of 180 mil. in which 99.99999% is consisted of ordinary people whose only concern is having a decent life .

This is what I have observed there as well - ordinary people who strive for the same currency of life as anyone else who happen to make up the majority.

I have spent much time in third world nations where not only poverty reigns, but is also stricken with much political turmoil and sectarian violence, yet, spending time with the people who live there and looking into their hearts and minds, showed me that the majority really have nothing to do with global policies or the incidents (propaganda) drilled into the minds of those in the western world. Just like the majority of us in the western world do not reflect what our government and culture entails.

I find some of the posters here in this thread (minority) who came in with their pessimistic, spiteful and condensing tone, and ignored the human element and true currency of life that the OP was expressing need to remove that plank from their eye...they need to stop being so decisive and hateful in their minds (due to propaganda) before someone who has spent much time in their nation makes them look like the ill-informed hypocrites that they are. Some people on this site need their bubble burst...or their tongue snipped.

if we could just put past our disgusting habit of judging people by the amount of money they own , only then we'll be able to see the realities of pakistan , afghanistan and all them poor countries .

I feel you. A child with a bag of candy in a first world nation will share his candy...when asked. A child in a third world nation will break one stick of gum into four pieces without being asked and without being thanked for doing so and will not care or even notice. Why? because it is ingrained into their hearts to share whatever little they have. I have seen this many times take place in many different ways in poorer nations. Suffering breeds empathy and compassion in third world nations. And love (or lack of) will determine the degree of empathy of those who live in first world nations...

*thinks to self* - I wonder if "the rainmaker" and the fellow with "the keen nose" on the previous page will reply back?

edit on 6-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Truth be told I don't think too much of the country that was harboring Bin Laden.

Never will.

And I sure don't think too much of the billions of US AID that goes there trying to buy a 'friend' in the region.

Also don't think too much of the terrorist training camps there.

Don't think too much of it's ISI, and it's role in the creation of terrorism around the world.

It's history of sending aid, and fighters to Afghanistan in the 80s that helped create most of the modern problems the WEST faces.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In general but with a few exceptions, the problem with the world isn't the people, it's the leaders.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I just wanted to say thank you for this post. The dehumanisation that goes on on this, our little blue green home is such a sad thing. I know quite a few people from Pakistan and they are quite simply, beautiful people.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Exactly brother .

to have a condense tone towards poor people in poor countries is laughable . their only difference with the poster below you - neo96 - is the place where they were given birth .

thats it . most probably they are even better humans than you mr. neo96

Truth be told I don't think too much of the country that was harboring Bin Laden.

Who gives a damn really ? i doubt many do .

you don't think much of a 180 million populated country with great history ? oh well , they should kill themselves now in sorrow and regret .

yeah 1000 people are Al-qaeda . no ? 10,000 are . even higher ? ok 100,000 alqaeda exists .

but you're bolding that 100,000 people in a 180 million strong nation ? kudos

maybe one day you can realize that u are not better than them in anyways , NONE .

you were just born in a richer country and thats it

terrorism blah blah , terrorists blah , bin laden blah blah . yeah try starving for decades and then talk about civility

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A lovely reminder that people are just people, all wanting to live, work, and find some pleasure in their lives.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While there may be some pleasant people like those in the pictures, I won't be taking my family for vacation there anytime soon.
Pakistan tops the list as one of the worst countries for religious freedom. I strongly believe that a countries recognition of an individuals right to practice their religion of choice and their freedom of speech is one of the main indicators of advancement. Pakistan has a long way to go.
I'd love to have a coffee with the old timer, but in the back of my mind I would always worry about saying the wrong thing and having the religious police demanding to chop off my head.

edit on 8/6/2015 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Truth be told I don't think too much of the country that was harboring Bin Laden...Never will.

I understand that sentiment and that is your right to feel this way, but this thread is not about foreign policy or the actions of the military in that country that influences geopolitical opinions. It is about the everyday people who live there and their desires to experience the true currency of life that all other human beings desire. The OP is about seeing the humanity that exist within all. Ironically, it brings out the lack of humanity in others as well...

You misunderstood the essence of the OP due to the inability to discern the information presented in its proper context...or maybe you are just plain biased.

And I sure don't think too much of the billions of US AID that goes there trying to buy a 'friend' in the region.

You seem to be giving your attention towards things/entities such as "country" and "Billions" instead of people. Again, this post is about the everyday people who live there and not the politics of government and military.

Nobody with a sense of morals does. Again, this thread is not about those things...

Don't think too much of it's ISI, and it's role in the creation of terrorism around the world.

What does ISIS have to do with Pakistan...? ISIL/ISIS caliphate originates from the Middle East, primarily Iraq and surrounding countries.

It's history of sending aid, and fighters to Afghanistan in the 80s that helped create most of the modern problems the WEST faces.

There seems to be a denial of personal responsibility in this thought process. Again, what does this point above have to do with the ordinary hearts that reside in that country?

*However, there is one common thing that I highlighted throughout your post that I do strongly agree with you about...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's too bad good-hearted people and a beautiful landscape are being poisoned by religion, traditions, and stupid ideologies.

I know most are just trying to live their lives and find some happiness. Yet, would any of them be throwing a stone if a homosexual pagan was talking about their religion and criticizing Mohammed?

If islam could be removed from it's entrenchment of the middle east, I think the western world would have a hard time criticizing them.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Pakistan government is corrupt

And guess on whose payroll they are, USA USA

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If islam could be removed from it's entrenchment of the middle east, I think the western world would have a hard time criticizing them.

What does that above statement have to do with the OP? After all, Pakistan is NOT in the middle east...

There are few countries "entrenched" there tho....from the western world

It's too bad good-hearted people and a beautiful landscape are being poisoned by religion, traditions, and stupid ideologies.

The same can be said for many nations in this world, including ones some call home and pledge their allegiance to...

I know most are just trying to live their lives and find some happiness. Yet, would any of them be throwing a stone if a homosexual pagan was talking about their religion and criticizing Mohammed?

I have visited there, and sadly yes, that stuff does take place there but, that ideology does not reflect the majority of the people that reside there. In other words; you are falling victim to propaganda programming and/or the engineering of consent. I'm sure you will find much proof to back up your valid claim and also much proof that dismisses it as well from a societal perspective . It depends on how much light (love for them) or darkness (animosity towards them) one possesses which will determine how one views the other...concerning this topic.

Yet, would any of them be throwing a stone...

There seems to be a lot of stone throwing going on in this world...and in this very thread by a small few. Very poetic, indeed.

Again, there is much that needs working out in Pakistan to bring it up to par on a human rights level, but propaganda (much is a valid) does not reflect the hearts and minds of the majority of people who reside there.

nytlive.nytimes.com...

edit on 6-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
People minus the politics.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Foreign people are a lot more normal than what you see on TV. They can have very different ideas, but if you try listening, you'll see why they make sense to them.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I think it's tragic that some people need to be shown this sort of stuff to realise that we are all human.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Pakistan like many Middle east countries suffers from one harsh burden, Islamic Radicalisation, the ordinary Muslims go on with their business like the normal people they are but the Radicals whom have the biggest following simply create the monster the world sees, remove radical Islam and you just have ordinary religious people.

People need to stop tip toeing around Radical Islam and its affects worldwide, the stonings, the public gang killings, the rapes, the attacks on homosexuals and so on and so forth happens almost exclusively amongst Radicals because they have Clerics telling them that it is their RIGHT to do these.

That is what is wrong with Pakistan, that and the rampant corruption..

Is the West better, only in the fact that we are more civil about it all and we choose to live in the present and not some distant gone centuries ways, otherwise the corruption and the wanton violence is there, its just not officially sanctioned under a religious fraternity.

So when a rape happens here or a gang killing the people are caught and justice is served, they are not treated as heroes by the community and the Police although we are getting area's where sorry to say it, Radical Islam has its followers and they try and bring their outdated criminal ways to here, thankfully they are still brought to book but they have their supporters and people in power who try and shield them which MUST be stamped out.

So, Pakistani is a beautiful country in places, sadly the corruption leaves the poor in utter poverty and not one penny of the aid sent gets to the most severe, well to be honest there's a pitiful amount that gets through all the corrupt officials and isn't enough to do much good. Are the people monsters, probably not willingly in most cases but when the radicals crack the whip its probably the difference between staying alive and going along with it or being tossed to the baying crowd..
edit on 7-8-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Pakistan is an amazing country with wonderful people and great food. That being said, its far too dangerous to go there these days i think, but one day, i hope to go and see the Karakoram range for myself.

And frankly anyone who dismisses an entire country because of a few bad seeds isnt even worth acknowleging.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Its not Pakistan but this is what makes places like it monsters..And its happening all too often..

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

So when a rape happens here or a gang killing the people are caught and justice is served, they are not treated as heroes by the community and the Police

Really? because the Steubenville rape case says otherwise. Those assho*les were welcomed back into the community with open arms and cheered on.
edit on 7-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Never will.

Oh and the good ol' US of A and indeed any other country, is different?

Behind the veil, each country is as bad as each other, it all is subjective though, for us at least in the west.

Just as an ancient belief from the orient, in regard to the yin and yang. Bad with a bit of good, good with a bit of bad.

My bestest buddy and our good mate were young lads on the forefront of a humanitarian disaster, a severe earthquake. They had to pin a 5 year old boy down for a necessary amputation when supplies and time was short. Both 19 and 20yo and green. I would like to think that experience has shaped them and become the men they are now. Not sure about the poor wee boy but I still pray for him. It's been about a decade.

And what, stuff them? Their families? All because of your thoughts against their government and their agencies?

<< 1    3 >>

join