It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzzkill Scott Walker Would Go After States That Legalized Marijuana Until Federal Law Is Changed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Another reason to vote or not vote for Walker:

Speaking on KTRS 550 radio on Wednesday, Republican presidential candidate and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he would enforce federal laws that ban the sale and use of marijuana in states were it has been legalized.

Walker said that he personally believes it is a state issue, but until federal law is changed, it needs to be enforced. He added that he was against the legalization of marijuana.
italics added for emphasis

source

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Scott Walker should sit this whole presidential thing out.

More liberty is what is going to defeat the cartels and the dangerous side effects of underground drug trades.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
With his speech have about starting a war on day one and this he was lost my intestinal.

Guess only Rand has my intrest on the republican side now.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Don't politicians pay attention to polls or do they just pander to their assured base and punt come election time?

www.gallup.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Wow, Scott Walker sounds like he would be a disaster as President. He's not getting my vote... thanks for the heads up.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Aug 2015 16:44:09 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Scott Walker can take a long walk on a short pier.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

He's not wrong, if he?

It is a state issue, it should be.

Federal law makes it illegal, his job as President, is to make sure federal law is enforced.

I don't like it, but what he's saying isn't wrong.

Change the law. That's how it should work.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Generally I agree with this premise.

But instead of going after people who are NOT committing a crime he should seek to change the law himself.

Looks like it's Rand Paul for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We found out that's how it should work when it comes to immigration law. Look what happened when states tried to enforce what the Feds wouldn't.

And no, they don't pay attention to polls or they would be enforcing immigration law, not pandering to the constituency.
edit on 5-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ah FAGGETTABOUDDITT!
edit on 5-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

He's not wrong, if he?

It is a state issue, it should be.

Federal law makes it illegal, his job as President, is to make sure federal law is enforced.

I don't like it, but what he's saying isn't wrong.

Change the law. That's how it should work.

Fair enough. The question he should be asked is if he would actively seek to change federal law. The answer to that is much more important.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I'm con- FUZED! Scott Walker is a "Buzzkill"? I thought he was a DILDO?

no that's kitty . . . according to Cartman

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Absolutely it is!!

In this issue that's the primary question.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Remember that his governor's office is in Madison, Wisconsin, where marijuana in the home has been legal for decades. He knows who he's surrounded by, and, along with his fellow Wisconsinite Paul Ryan is an avowed enemy of the elusive "Hippie".

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What federal laws does he want changed? Sounds like he's against states rights?

This guy sucks and obviously won't be president.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's our job, isn't it?

I want the answers to my questions, on whatever topic. If I agree with those answers, I work to get that person elected, who ever it is.

Then comes the hard part.

Making sure those people actually live up to the fancy promises. That's, as I see it, our job. If we don't/won't do it, what matters who's butt is in office?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Legally he is correct, to a point. but politically with 23 states and DC having legalized marijuana and more voting on it. I think he made a political mistake, that's 23 states he has chose to go against their voters.

Brilliant!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

He probably did make a mistake saying it. Shame that being right, makes him wrong... Odd how that works.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Another reason to vote or not vote for Walker:

Speaking on KTRS 550 radio on Wednesday, Republican presidential candidate and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said he would enforce federal laws that ban the sale and use of marijuana in states were it has been legalized.

Walker said that he personally believes it is a state issue, but until federal law is changed, it needs to be enforced. He added that he was against the legalization of marijuana.
italics added for emphasis

source

Karl Rove once mentioned something along the lines of, "You don't win as a Republican by moving to the middle. Be strong, be proud you are conservative, and stay to the right."

I think we are seeing the result of the NeoCon strategy, and this is a good example. They are so out of touch with popular consensus its almost like they are purposely throwing the election.

But with this kind of rhetoric, not only will they alienate the moderates in their own party. They'll also alienate the last few holdouts who were there hoping to be part of the party of small government. I can't imagine that you'd win an election by alienating libertarians AND moderates without party affiliation.

edit on 8/5/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wouldn't worry about this one as he'll fade into the sidelines just like Frothy did(for ex).

Scott Walker: For me I think that should be a state issue but I also think that you can’t ignore the laws. And until the federal government changes the laws you don’t get to pick and choose in a just society whether you enforce the laws or not. You have to change them.
-OP source

State rights.

He's in for a big surprise when it's constitutionally passed nationwide.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join