It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Had Voted to Legalize Fetal Tissue Donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here we get to see there are certainly some politicians with little or no morals:

In 1993, Congress approved the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act, which authorized the donating of fetal tissue for research, including samples from legal abortion procedures. McConnell, along with other Republicans, voted for that bill and others that allowed fetal tissue research.

A Republican proposal to cut all federal funding to Planned Parenthood, supported by McConnell and the rest of the GOP, failed to pass the Senate on Monday.

McConnell now claims Planned Parenthood is “selling aborted baby parts.” McConnell has said the videos of the organization’s fetal tissue donations “absolutely shock the conscience.” There’s been no word on how McConnell’s conscience deals with his hypocrisy.

source

edit on 5-8-2015 by AlaskanDad because: sp correction

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No morals? I guess but the point of the article is he is a flip flopping hypocrite, which is usually a staple characteristics of most politicians.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I like the squirming that will be happening real soon.

"a bit of the hair of the dog that bit me"

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's no surprise to me that McConnell is s hypocrite. He's jumped on the Dead Baby Bandwagon! Yee-Haw!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There's a difference between donating and selling.

A big difference. Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

This shows to the extend the sell out politicians in this nation will flip flop when it serve their twisted purposes

In 1993, Congress approved the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act, which authorized the donating of fetal tissue for research, including samples from legal abortion procedures. McConnell, along with other Republicans, voted for that bill and others that allowed fetal tissue research.

Is interesting to see how propaganda works, first demonizing planned parenthood, then create propaganda videos and disregard the fact and fiction, they all should go to jail for deceiving practices against the American public.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You do understand that authorized donations for research is different than selling the tissue for money, right?

And don't misunderstand me, I'm absolutely no fan of McConnell (I voted against him last election), but I can't stand mischaracterizations of things.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Of course there is a difference, but not sure PP should have pony up money to donate fetal tissues either.

Shipping, storage, and separation all cost time and money, don't they?

Mitch is just another corporate politician following his masters wishes.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Are we certain that they're selling (or willing to sell) the tissue for the expressed reason of research? I've only seen a few of the videos, but I don't ever recall hearing the reason why the "buyers" were claiming that they wanted the tissue.

Of course, I can't really see any other use for tissue from someone that underdeveloped, but I guess that there could be plenty of uses that I can't even consider.

But, yes, shipping, storage, and separation all cost money, but when someone is willing to negotiate price, that gives the absolute appearance that profit is a probable motive as well as recouping cost. But now we're getting off on a tangent that isn't worth really discussing, I don't think--at least not now in this thread.

top topics

join